Your worst vista/ Jumping puzzle fails

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ozgar Heavyhammer.6701

Ozgar Heavyhammer.6701

just got done trying to scale the breached wall vista in Diessa Platteau. After a lot of trial and error, mostly error, I manage to make it to the top. “SUCCESS!” I exclaim as I decide to fight the ghost before reaping my just rewards only to have my movement bug out and I dodge roll forward OFF the top of the wall when I tried to roll backwards. Needless to say a few words were shouted and another attempt will be had but I wanted to know if anyone else has some humorous fails to share to brighten spirits.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Can’t remember which ones specifically where I’ve done that right now, but I have done that several times and it really sucks. Or I’ll be on a class with a rush skill and I will misjudge how much room I have left before the ground stops and end up rushing off the ledge before realizing it and have to find my way back up.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Not So Secret. Always fail. Never succeed.

What is worse is many people who completed the dives ‘before’ they introduced that dive got their meta-achievement complete without ever having to do ‘Not So Secret’.

Anyone who started the game before the change and completed ‘one’ dive should have been given the same courtesy.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

A vista in WvW that took me over 30 minutes to do. (It’s the one in the Eternal Battlegrounds at a fort in the lower left corner of the map where you have to jump on a series of sticks sticking out of the wall).

There’s plenty I can’t even do, like the Skipping Stones JP in Southsun, which I won’t bother to point out.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: James.5018

James.5018

Before the plant patch in Troll’s Revenge, after 4th key. Slid off a rock. Ouch!

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

just got done trying to scale the breached wall vista in Diessa Platteau.

You should try Chalis of Tears in Ember Bay. Every JP in the game will be a summer vacation to you after that.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not counting all the difficult Jumping Puzzles, of which I’ve not done most, there is a Vista in Timberline Falls that gave me much heartache at first. It sits over a river on a mountain face…I don’t remember the name of the area.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I’ve been playing for over 4 years now, and I have yet to get to the Beetletun Vista without a Mesmer to port me.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I’ve been playing for over 4 years now, and I have yet to get to the Beetletun Vista without a Mesmer to port me.

Is that the one just sitting on the ground next to the WP?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I was on the diving goggles all the way on top of Not So Secret. I don’t have a lot of trouble doing the puzzle, but the goggles are problematical for me, so I’ve been keeping a mesmer there for guildies who need the diving goggles.

You have to step off the platform onto a smaller platform. It’s a blind step. I was being so carefully just edging forward. Double tapped, dodged right past it and died.

Man I was kittened.

Note to self. Before doing edging difficult jumps, disable double tap to dodge.

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

So I’ve been getting a lot better at jumping puzzles compared with how I was when starting the game. I managed to do the wintersday one a good few times in the half hour windows it gives you etc (impressive for me) so I was feeling really chuffed with myself and my improving skill. Until I decided to try, can’t remember names right now but the ice cave one in dredgehaunt cliffs behind the scaffolding one when it came up as a daily recently, and I swear to god I was hours there. The final icy slope at the end in particular, was just me getting half way up it and then sliding all the way to the bottom repeatedly for so long. There was this one particular moment where I was standing at the first jump at the slope bit, psyching myself up for it, when a player above me came sliding down to the place I was standing, and my brain went “kitten, jump now to get out of their way!” so there was just this slow motion moment when I was in the air mid-jump and could see the portal appear on the place I had been standing that the friendly mesmer had slid down to give me and irl I could hear myself just shouting “nnnooooooooooo”.

And of course I tried turning around to go back, missed, and slid all the way to the bottom again.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Spent 2 hours with a guildie helping me through a puzzle. Finally got to the end and found a really nice skin in the chest. Server disconnected and when I logged back in found they had done a server reset and all progress was lost. Never tried that puzzle again.

Posted by: Tanek.5983

Tanek.5983

Note to self. Before doing edging difficult jumps, disable double tap to dodge.

Exactly! Accidental dodge rolls have wrecked JPs more than a few times for me. >.<

Also, I still have not gotten all the way through Troll’s Revenge. My refusal to look up the path may be starting to crack.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Not really a fail at doing the JP, but still a fail:

I leave one of my mesmers parked at the Not So Secret JP for both the chest and to offer ports when I can. One day, someone whispered me asking for a port. I told them sure and to go to the waypoint outside of the JP. Once they were there, I went to the waypoint . . . without dropping my portal first. So, as I loaded in and realized my mistake, I had to sheepishly apologize to the person and promise that I’d port them in just a couple of minutes (after I got back up to the chest), if they still needed it. Luckily, they were a good sport and very patient.

Posted by: Saurrec.6402

Saurrec.6402

Any Jp is living hell for me. especially timed jps hate me. I even have trouble in uncategorized fractal..
Once I was almost at the end of a Jp when I got dcd mid jump and I logged back in dead at the very bottom.

A physical disability hasn’t stopped me from being a Polite, Helpful, & Badkitten player.

(edited by Saurrec.6402)

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Got to the end of Troll’s Revenge thinking I won’t need a guide to find the chest. I fall down off the rooftops.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Not really a fail at doing the JP, but still a fail:

I leave one of my mesmers parked at the Not So Secret JP for both the chest and to offer ports when I can. One day, someone whispered me asking for a port. I told them sure and to go to the waypoint outside of the JP. Once they were there, I went to the waypoint . . . without dropping my portal first. So, as I loaded in and realized my mistake, I had to sheepishly apologize to the person and promise that I’d port them in just a couple of minutes (after I got back up to the chest), if they still needed it. Luckily, they were a good sport and very patient.

I did something somewhat similar. I had a Mesmer parked at the end of a jp and I offered to port someone up. But…. I forgot about the no gliding thing. Jumped off. Hit glide.

Splat.

No port for him.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Not a JP as such but definitely my worst fail in terms of consequences: Early in the game, doing PS for the first time, I got a group of guildies to help me with the Orr step involving going into the bone mausoleum entered from atop Lyssa’s temple. We were all very new, none of us had seen the story step before, so the fights were grueling. We figured out how to get to the entrance, but there were mobs in the way. So we fought them.

I was on a Thief. I hit Roll for Initiative and went right off the edge to die most of the way down the cliff. It was my instance, there was nothing anyone else could do to complete it. So everyone had to jump to their doom and we had to restart from the beginning. Ouch.

JP wise, most recently I tried again to get the Wintersday JP done. This year I actually made it to the rolling snowballs a few times. And once, ONCE, I got past those and started bouncing up the last gifts … only to either misjudge a jump or not know the right thing to jump onto or have my space bar not jump me, I’m not sure which, but down I went through a gap, weeping. I still haven’t finished that JP.