it seems you don't want to give us our loot

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

So Arenanet seems to be specialized in hilarous glitchs, to prevent us from getting our precious materials.

Today on my map I saw an Orrian Sapling: great! it’s just that there’s a huge pact ship crashed on it and nobody can touch the sapling.

Think that’s all? while going to see if Jormag Claw was there, I saw an orichalcum node: great! So I started mining it before noticing that I was getting RUINED ORE CHUNKS worth exactly 2 copper each. I checked: my tools are orichalcum. All the players around said they had the same glitch. Though it was hilarous to see people mining twice the node and then panicking each time.

List of these kind of “unfortunate” glitchs is getting long. Last time it was the WvW puzzle’s chest room door not opening (remember?) and it took 4 weeks to resolve the problem.

I think people were getting a bit too much Badges of Honor from that puzzle…

(edited by Keiran.1896)

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

It’s a bug. They happen.

Why does every unfortunate event in this game translate to ArenaNet being a group of devils whose only love in life is making people’s lives miserable?

Posted by: DancinPuppeh.8421

DancinPuppeh.8421

It’s a bug. They happen.

Why does every unfortunate event in this game translate to ArenaNet being a group of devils whose only love in life is making people’s lives miserable?

Because they do

Keiran.1896

It’s a bug. They happen.

Because an openable door suddently stopped working with no reason? the door of a reward room??

Because orichalcum ore is not replaced by ruined ore chunks magically?

And maybe that the developper positioning the Orrian Sapling didn’t see the crashed ship placed just there??

Posted by: Kingfisher.7213

Kingfisher.7213

It’s a bug. They happen.

Because they do

I don’t think so. This is their first MMO and their inexperience is showing.

They’ll figure things out, it will just take them some time.

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

Pink Quauauagana, there, major loot, happy?

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I remember when we killed Jormag, literally as soon as he died 90% of the map DCed and when we logged back on, there was no loot. Granted this was before the update, so we all logged back on and complained “NOOO! I deserve my three blues!!!”

Just shrug it off, it’s no on purpose.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

You have a chance at receiving ruined ore/logs if you are harvesting while in combat.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

You have a chance at receiving ruined ore/logs if you are harvesting while in combat.

This statement seems to be accurate from my observations.

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

This statement seems to be accurate from my observations.

Ya but right now it looks like it’s super bugged and just not giving anything on certain/all servers.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I used to be pretty clear on what Anet intended and what was a bug. After 2/26 all lines are blurred so I can’t begin to guess what’s going on here.

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

Keiran.1896

See? How does every node of the rarest materials of the game get bugged in the same time? “unfortunate” bug?

Anet is gonna turn me in a mad conspiracy theorist soon…

(edited by Keiran.1896)

Posted by: VicSkimmr.3216

VicSkimmr.3216

You’d have to be extremely dense to actually believe a game company is purposefully making your life miserable.

In what reality is that good business? What could possibly be their motivation for intentionally causing these issues?

Posted by: Moderator

Please post bug reports in the bug reports subforum. As there is already a thread opened over there on this issue, this thread will be locked.