Yum... bots

Yum... bots

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mr Girly Man.6893

Mr Girly Man.6893

Please deal with them quickly and harshly, nothing ruins a game like bots. Also, they are somehow moving positions without actually moving (you can tell because their bears move and they just magically teleport to random spots). Maybe this is a glitch as well? Another thing is that as I am writing this, the spellchecker is saying that the word teleport is misspelled. You should add it into your spell-checking reference dictionary.

Attachments:

Yum... bots

Posted by: Mr Girly Man.6893

Mr Girly Man.6893

Haha, just noticed in my screen shot that autotyper spammer. Do something about that please, too.

Yum... bots

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

Interestingly they most often go with ranger.

Yum... bots

Posted by: Saber.7809

Saber.7809

Report them ingame, not on the forums

The Starflyer is real!

Yum... bots

Posted by: Satyros.5834

Satyros.5834

yup. i was trying to find a report section. but it seems the forums have none
found all these “players” sitting doing nothing and then attacked everything in sight when ANYthing spawned. tried talking but no answer, so i’m pretty sure they are bots :P

Attachments:

Yum... bots

Posted by: AsianGForce.7896

AsianGForce.7896

This thread will get locked soon…

To Die in battle would be a good death~

Yum... bots

Posted by: Naughty.5064

Naughty.5064

If they do it like most MMOs do, they will wait and do a mass ban at one time. Problem is, the botters will just create/steal new accounts and continue on their way. And by patching into the game files a block for whatever bot they are using, by weeks end the botters will have already come up with a new program to bot with. It’s a never ending cycle, sadly, if you don’t like botters, then playing any MMO is not for you. Gold selling/account hacking is a MULTI BILLION dollar a year industry…so, sadly, they will never go away until people STOP buying their gold. YOU, the consumer are what’s causing the bots. AGAIN, THE ONLY WAY THEY WILL EVER GO AWAY IS IF PEOPLE STOP BUYING THE GOLD FROM THEM!

Yum... bots

Posted by: Voqar.2349

Voqar.2349

I’ve seen this type of behavior too.

There are a couple of bots working the bats in the orchards of gendaran and it looks like they teleport around.

I’ve leveled two alts to 30, both passing by that area to do the heart there, and/or to pass thru while actually playing (shocking concept apparently) and I’ve seen the same bots there every time over several days.

It’s annoying to report these blatantly obvious bots and see nothing is ever done about them.

Yum... bots

Posted by: Fugly.5287

Fugly.5287

Guild Wars 2 is the only MMO i’ve ever played where a bot using a hack didn’t get banned within 48 hours after a report.
If a player is teleporting to the same 100 or so coordinates repeatedly and press F at each location, they’re obviously running a clientside hack. The game has no anti-cheat does it?

Yum... bots

Posted by: Voqar.2349

Voqar.2349

I run around cursed shore chasing events and/or randomly slaughtering mobs and/or gathering stuff.

Without fail, I inevitably see bots harvesting nodes. I see naked toons login on a node, tap it, log out, and then another, and another. You can sit and watch several pop in and out on top of nodes.

Pretty sure I’ve seen players doing this too since anybody can cheat with a script when not actively playing, and ANet is doing nothing to this type of behavior, but I digress.

But what’s truly amazing is, I’ve seen bots doing this right next to mobs and not aggro.

For ex, last night the risen vet spider event was up and the spider wasn’t engaged. There was a berry node literally 6 ft from it. I’m watching the spider and about to engage, and I see several bots pop in, harvest the berry, pop out, and the spider never moved.

Earlier that night, I was cruising the ocean looking for ori and found a rich mithril node – it’s a particular spot that’s always guarded by a veteran and 2 regulars. I can clear it, so I head to it, and see there’s a broken bot just sitting there on the node. Literally 3 ft from the mobs. And they aren’t attacking it. I watch for a while, I aggro the mobs, they engage the bot, and I think it logged then because I never saw it downed/dead on the map.

Side note, in both cases these are bot toons I’ve seen all over the map as the servers reset. Same names. Reported repeatedly. For days. Zero action taken. Blatant bot behaviors.

So, mobs in orr are generally so aggro that you can barely move without fighting. I’m pretty sure if I log in on top of a mob I’ll finally load in to a battle.

So how do bots manage to log in right on top of mobs, tap nodes, and log out, without even causing aggro?

In the past I’ve seen them log in, take hits while harvesting (which is utterly stupid design), and log out (shouldn’t be able to log out in combat but they do, more stupid design).

But now I’m seeing bots log in/out without even aggroing.

How is this happening?

Moreso, I know I’m not the only one who reports these bots. Why is nothing being done about them? You shouldn’t even need player reports to catch this kind of systematic botting – the data trail should be blatantly obvious. I’m a programmer and deal with data every day. I KNOW this kind of crap can be detected and dealt with.

Yum... bots

Posted by: Craven.5468

Craven.5468

It is possible that their is a grace period after zoning/login whereby nothing will aggro for a short bit to ensure you get a chance to see the screen before dying. The Bots are simply benefiting from it.

This is just an assumption based on what other games have done btw.

Yum... bots

Posted by: zeroburrito.4738

zeroburrito.4738

they are teleporting, not logging out.

Yum... bots

Posted by: Craven.5468

Craven.5468

Are they teleporting across zones now? I have thus far only heard of them teleporting short distances. Ugg, someone ban them all.

Yum... bots

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

The same way Low Ping follows around Flintlocke I guess.

I doubt anyone would get this reference but if you do, 1000 cool points to you.

Yum... bots

Posted by: Shroom Mage.9410

Shroom Mage.9410

I can confirm that bots are teleporting. I watched one farming skritt in Ebonhawke. It was a sylvari ele using as many pets and turrets as possible. It would instantly begin shooting any mob that spawned, and would teleport to dead mobs to loot them. If it died it would reappear after a few minutes. I passed through the area later and it was still there, along with another bot that showed up.

They’re pretty rampant now, and it’s a huge problem, especially the ones farming nodes. It’s extremely likely that those ones are logging out so that they can change servers and get an ungodly amount of ore in just a few minutes.

I report all the bots and spammers I see, but I’ve seen no signs of it making a difference.

“Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don’t matter
and those who matter don’t mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Yum... bots

Posted by: Thulias Swiftgun.2514

Thulias Swiftgun.2514

Maybe by creating a “gathering cooldown” those stupid bots won’t have the time to spawn, gather and then disappear before a mob can intercept and slash them. Just 5-10 seconds of cooldown before one can harvest another item will suffice, what do you think about it?

Yum... bots

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

Moreso, I know I’m not the only one who reports these bots. Why is nothing being done about them?

Not true:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Does-anyone-know-anyone-that-has-actually-been-banned/first#post189080

You shouldn’t even need player reports to catch this kind of systematic botting – the data trail should be blatantly obvious. I’m a programmer and deal with data every day. I KNOW this kind of crap can be detected and dealt with.

I understand you’re frustrated, but I get the impression you think creating automatic bot detectors is a simple task for programmers. There are many things you may not have considered though. There are no perfect solutions and there will likely be false positives. How should these be handled? If done through support investigating the issue when a false positive is alleged, have we really saved time if the majority of botters caught will attempt to report their ban as a false positive? Detection code that runs on player behavior will have to run each time a player takes any action, this will add to server processing. It just might not be technically feasible to have detection code running on servers that may already be strained running game code.

I’m sure in your model of how this game runs you have a perfect solution, but then why are you not presenting it to Arena Net in the form of your programming expertise? I’m sure if you had the perfect solution they’d hire you to help implement it.

Yum... bots

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hi everyone.

Thank you very much for your concerns. We understand how annoying this kind of players are and how this affects your overall gaming experience. We created a special address (exploits@arena.net) so the players can report this examples of botting/spamming. However, we ask for a little bit of patience until all those reported issues are looked into.

Thanks again.
I will proceed now to lock this thread.