Z-axis removed, jumping no longer possible

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

It seems that with recent patch Anet decided to remove Z-axis.

How do you like this change? I personally love it. Jumping is overrated. Wondering what happens to Jumping Puzzles now. Walking Puzzles anyone?

Leman

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

GW2 takes everything you love about GW1 – Mike O’Brien. Right down to the inability to jump.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Posted by: Lrdrahl.6120

Lrdrahl.6120

No jump Im out, thats why I wouldn’t play GW1

Oh look a log on ground let me walk around….

Posted by: MdOgy.2147

MdOgy.2147

(edited by MdOgy.2147)

Posted by: Mayam.8976

Mayam.8976

Pardon me, could you repeat that? I had something crazy stuck in my ear.

Seriously, I’m killing time til i can head home shortly and log in. Whatever this “can’t jump issue” is it has me greatly concerned….

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

Getting to Jade Maw was sooo fun with the jumping issue. Party members fell a couple times before we all made it.

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

Hmm and I thought it was just me having problems with unresponsive keys.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

I miss being able to jump.

Edit: How foolish of me not to pick up on OP’s sarcasm… >_< I thought he was serious and that this wasn’t a bug kitten

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

(edited by Aylpse.6280)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You can jump. Just some weird issue with it being unresponsive while running downward in certain ways it seems. Just jump forward while standing still when doing JP/Vistas.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

ArenaNet, taking the one step forward, two steps back to all new levels!

This is why I quit. I’ve seen the fare share of fixing one bug only to break something else but this game is the worse. Not only does it take several times to fix buggy events (and still not really fix them) but they are always breaking other things.

All I can say is, I hope this break is the result of them trying to make it so you can use an ability while in mid-air after jumping but I doubt it.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

It’s a bug, not the end of the world. It will be fixed as soon as they can isolate the cause. Don’t stress out folks, I am pretty confident that you will in fact survive

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Maybe if you hadn’t eaten all of those sticks of butter and chocolate from the loot bags then your toon could jump. Better get back to harvesting those carrots and berries.

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

It’s a bug, not the end of the world. It will be fixed as soon as they can isolate the cause. Don’t stress out folks, I am pretty confident that you will in fact survive

Honestly though, if they had a PTR to run these test on first and allow the community to help then these little things wouldn’t go live and have people deal with them for a week.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

Posted by: Kymaera Stormweaver.1069

Kymaera Stormweaver.1069

It is pretty ummm, bad… but I can still jump well enough…unless another Clocktower is implemented while jumping’s still like this, then I could see a problem.

Variety, multiplicity are the two most powerful vehicles of lust.
– Marquis de Sade

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

how could be jumping be bugged if they bugfix things that don’t relate to jumping? must be someone sabotaging things inside. lol.

Bluestone.7106

Honestly though, if they had a PTR to run these test on first and allow the community to help then these little things wouldn’t go live and have people deal with them for a week.

Personally I don’t see the difference between a public test server and live servers. In fact I think live servers are better because there are more people to identify issues quickly. I think a public test server would only be marginally better than their internal testing which already happens so not worth the effort IMO.

Posted by: Vermillion Hawk.9037

Vermillion Hawk.9037

Point out another game which was completely and absolutely flawless 3 months after it released.

Grand Master of The Knights Hospitaller [STJ]
Isle of Janthir – Sylvari Mesmer – Alexandre Le Grande

Posted by: Slyder.9215

Slyder.9215

Point out another game which was completely and absolutely flawless 3 months after it released.

How’s that gonna help? The problem is about things breaking in GW2. Not whether or not some other game did it better.

Wrenchy Mcboomboom
Engineer

Posted by: Vermillion Hawk.9037

Vermillion Hawk.9037

It’s just that people seem to expect the game to be flawless and perfect right out of the gate. No game is, and in the past, they often stayed flawed. People are just expecting ANet to wave their magical faerie wands and instantly make the game right again, and they think screaming and shouting at them will speed up the process. As it is, the creation of a patch is a difficult endeavour, both to properly create it and to implement it.

The best thing you can do is alert them to the existence of such problems and then give ANet an incredibly valuable and rare item: your patience.

Grand Master of The Knights Hospitaller [STJ]
Isle of Janthir – Sylvari Mesmer – Alexandre Le Grande

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

I cant even jump properly when it IS working, its pitiful and has stopped me daring to try Dungeons – those of us with spacial awareness issues are done for lol

Slyder.9215

It’s just that people seem to expect the game to be flawless and perfect right out of the gate. No game is, and in the past, they often stayed flawed. People are just expecting ANet to wave their magical faerie wands and instantly make the game right again, and they think screaming and shouting at them will speed up the process. As it is, the creation of a patch is a difficult endeavour, both to properly create it and to implement it.

The best thing you can do is alert them to the existence of such problems and then give ANet an incredibly valuable and rare item: your patience.

That I agree with.

But there’s also this overlying issues with PC gaming in general. For some reason, PC game developers are given a free pass in regards to releasing a buggy game.

The same thing wouldn’t be as acceptable should this be a console game instead. Look at Assassin’s Creed 3.

Wrenchy Mcboomboom
Engineer

Posted by: Zatria.5783

Zatria.5783

I don’t think having the bugs is the issue. It’s the bugs that are showing up that have nothing to do with what Anet said was done.

Did you read the patch notes? What in there could have altered jumping? What?

If the code is so mangled and unorganized as it appears to be to the user, I can only imagine what it would be like to actually see it.

Also, people get really tired of of companies failing to implement a “lesson learned” policy. It becomes fairly obvious that everything learned from the final stages GW 1, was not remembered or used appropriately during the makings of GW 2.

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Also, people get really tired of of companies failing to implement a “lesson learned” policy. It becomes fairly obvious that everything learned from the final stages GW 1, was not remembered or used appropriately during the makings of GW 2.

Forget GW(1). Some of the design bugs that affected Lost Shores were exactly the same that had affected the Halloween event.

Arena Net seems to have very poor internal communication (not just between teams working on different content, but also between the QA department and the developers, and between the people who write their blog posts and manifestos and the people actually designing the game, who often do exactly the opposite).

- Al Zheimer

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

I havent noticed any issues with jumping on platforms.

Is it just on the JP areas?

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Melonamen.1275

Melonamen.1275

ArenaNet, taking the one step forward, two steps back to all new levels!

This is why I quit. I’ve seen the fare share of fixing one bug only to break something else but this game is the worse. Not only does it take several times to fix buggy events (and still not really fix them) but they are always breaking other things.

All I can say is, I hope this break is the result of them trying to make it so you can use an ability while in mid-air after jumping but I doubt it.

I’m pretty sure it was stated that whatever is going of with jumping right now is a bug. If that’s the case is it really hard to understand?

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Guild Wars 1.

Death Reincarnated.3570

Guild Wars 1.

Pong.

Do not click this link!

Posted by: khefka.2804

khefka.2804

I havent noticed any issues with jumping on platforms.

Is it just on the JP areas?

It’s already been fixed.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

That I agree with.

But there’s also this overlying issues with PC gaming in general. For some reason, PC game developers are given a free pass in regards to releasing a buggy game.

The same thing wouldn’t be as acceptable should this be a console game instead. Look at Assassin’s Creed 3.

Here you go: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/727556-Assassin-s-Creed-3-PC-Bugs-and-Issues-Thread-*Possible-Spoilers*?s=29169b2e57eb31bf7db675268d81212a

31 pages of Assassin’s Creed 3 bugs…

PC’s are not the same as consoles, there are millions of different PC configurations, the game runs and produces different bugs on every one. There is 1 console configuration and the game plays exactly the same on every one. It is like comparing Apples to Kangaroos.

Slyder.9215

That I agree with.

Here you go: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/727556-Assassin-s-Creed-3-PC-Bugs-and-Issues-Thread-*Possible-Spoilers*?s=29169b2e57eb31bf7db675268d81212a

PC’s are not the same as consoles, there are millions of different PC configurations, the game runs and produces different bugs on every one. There is 1 console configuration and the game plays exactly the same on every one. It is like comparing Apples to Kangaroos.

You really just proved my point. People are more than willing to defend games if it’s a PC game. AC3 is a console game, too. The consensus that I hear for Assassin’s Creed 3 is don’t buy it right now – PC or console. Maybe wait a few months or so to see if they fix stuff and buy it then.

See I’m an Engineer. I really don’t think sigils not working on toolkits has anything to do with my PC at all.

Note that if I’m saying this because I do care about the game, and this genre we all enjoy. I don’t want it to stagnate because we’re all too willing to accept these things.

Wrenchy Mcboomboom
Engineer

Death Reincarnated.3570

The problem with the PC/console relationship is this:

These days many PC games are console ports, whereas, back in the good’ol PC gaming days the games were compiled for PC and if popular enough would be ported to console.

Do not click this link!

Slyder.9215

The question then becomes why does it seem like PC takes (took?) a backseat to consoles. I’ve even heard disappointments of how the Call of Duty franchise- used to be primarily PC- apparently sold out to consoles.

Call me nonconformist but I just don’t buy into the mentality of suddenly giving games a free pass for being buggy just because they’re on the PC.

Wrenchy Mcboomboom
Engineer

Death Reincarnated.3570

Simply put – $$$

In the end its all about profit and the best way to make money is to focus on the majority of player group.

Do not click this link!

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

was jumping just fine yesterday late

Posted by: Talyjta.9081

Talyjta.9081

Nibbles :-D . And (to add a second) Tetris. Even a third I have not long to search in my memory: Lemmings.
There had been a time when games were tested before they had been released.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

How on Earth does something like that get past QA?

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

Now you know the fastest way to get a thread deleted is mention a competitors game but theres a new title out by SOE and its freaking awesome.

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

The question then becomes why does it seem like PC takes (took?) a backseat to consoles. I’ve even heard disappointments of how the Call of Duty franchise- used to be primarily PC- apparently sold out to consoles.

Call me nonconformist but I just don’t buy into the mentality of suddenly giving games a free pass for being buggy just because they’re on the PC.

Well lets see you build a game around a single platform that has a single configuration now compare a game designed around multi platforms and an almost infinite amount of configurations now logic tells you the latter is the more difficult… well atleast I hope so and who gives anyone a free pass these days.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

theres a new title out by SOE and its freaking awesome.

That’s also what they said about GW2….

Slyder.9215

Well lets see you build a game around a single platform that has a single configuration now compare a game designed around multi platforms and an almost infinite amount of configurations now logic tells you the latter is the more difficult… well atleast I hope so and who gives anyone a free pass these days.

Every job has its own difficulties and challenges. If we were to apply the same thinking like you just did to everything we buy, use or consume we’ll never get anywhere.

Wrenchy Mcboomboom
Engineer

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Guild Wars 1.

Pong.

Pong, it just worked.

Bluestone.7106

Posting bugged out on me. Ignore this post. (Editing created a second post… or, I accidentally the quote button instead of edit lol)

(edited by Bluestone.7106)

Bluestone.7106

You really just proved my point. People are more than willing to defend games if it’s a PC game. AC3 is a console game, too. The consensus that I hear for Assassin’s Creed 3 is don’t buy it right now – PC or console. Maybe wait a few months or so to see if they fix stuff and buy it then.

I totally didn’t encounter a single bug in AC3 on the 360. No issues or hinderances or anything. Everyone else was just playing it wrong lol.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I can’t believe how many people took the OP seriously XD

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson