Zenith Kits

Zenith Kits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

Come one Arena Net, let’s be reasonable. We’re just one month and ten days short of Guild Wars 2’s first anniversary, it’s been about a year now, and Engineers are still stuck with those god awful hobo-sacks for our kits. This is in spite of a certain lead developer saying you were working on something for us. So far; nothing. Throw us a bone. Just one.

I’m not asking for new kit skins for legendary weapons, or exotic weapons, or anything like that. I am asking for one new skin. One. Considering the number of new weapon skins, back skins, and now even armor skins you’ve been producing I don’t think one more back skin given as a freebie to engineers would be that hard.

And that is all it would be too; a single back skin. Just a Zenith styled backpack to replace all kit backpacks if a Zenith weapon is equipped. What about the flamethrower and Elixir Gun? Just recycle the Zenith Rifle. Tool Kit? Zenith Mace in place of the wrench. Grenades and Bombs? Outside of the backpack something new for them is unnecessary.

Come one Arena Net, be reasonable. You’ve made dozens of new back items to throw at us through the gem store and meta achievements; you can make one more to show us engineer players you haven’t forgotten about us, and this little design error of yours.

Zenith Kits

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I believe Anet at one point said they were working on a solution for kits and such visually, but it was on the back burner in favor of things like custom arenas.

That being said, I believe the majority those things have recently been finished, so it’s very possible the time for kits is soon.

Zenith Kits

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

For the records, this is a suggestion, ergo it should have been at the Suggestions subforum. Don’t worry, though, I have reported it and I’m sure a Moderator will move it where it belongs.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Zenith Kits

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

I believe Anet at one point said they were working on a solution for kits and such visually, but it was on the back burner in favor of things like custom arenas.

That being said, I believe the majority those things have recently been finished, so it’s very possible the time for kits is soon.

You mean this?

It’s something we’re absolutely aware of and want to address in the future, one of my main characters is an engineer so I feel ya on this one. My poor quaggan backpack is visible like 2% of the time I play as I kit swap, never mind my weapon skins.

We’re currently focusing our engineering (programmers, not guys with net guns) resources that could work on solutions to issues like kits/skins on major systems that address issues higher priority and wider reaching like lag in large battles, LFG, custom arenas, spectator mode and so on but this issue is absolutely on our radar.

As always, please post your ideas of what you’d like to see solution wise, we love to see the fun ideas y’all come up with too!

Yeah, I hesitate to use the term “liar” but considering the amount of cosmetic content produced since this post was made I’d say our friend Colin didn’t exactly know what he was talking about.

(edited by Arkham Creed.7358)

Zenith Kits

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

For the records, this is a suggestion, ergo it should have been at the Suggestions subforum. Don’t worry, though, I have reported it and I’m sure a Moderator will move it where it belongs.

Is that you Doc Fury?

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Zenith Kits

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

We’re currently focusing our engineering (programmers, not guys with net guns) resources that could work on solutions to issues like kits/skins on major systems that address issues higher priority and wider reaching like lag in large battles, LFG, custom arenas, spectator mode and so on but this issue is absolutely on our radar.

Like Colin said it’s on their radar, but not a priority. I personally just wish that legendary effects would still be there when you’re using a kit. I want quip so badly for my engineer, but I’m only going to have it out like 1% of the time.