Zerg Farming: Needs to be stopped.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

I would like you to read more carefully, I wrote “downed” not “dead”. In a downed state, it’s rather impossible to just WP back. While I agree that WP’ing back when you’re completly dead is much faster, and I do that, pressing F for a few seconds to get up a downed player at your feet should be expected.

Why did I get downed? As I pointed out too, Low FPS and scaled up Champions.

Posted by: Kronus.6048

Kronus.6048

Actually that’s what happens when players complain about farmers. Cof1 was the most common thing, so anet nerfed it into the ground and made FG/CS the new farm zone. What did players do?they started complaining that the zergs are actually made of low IQ people that get money with 0 skill and that CS/FG was giving too much.Anet nerfed those areas and now they are at the living content event. This is what happens when you get greedy and blame everything on the farmers, you have to live with them.

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

That’s my point. Now I have to live with them, even if I never raised my voice against any kind of farming.
I don’t mind these people either, I let them to what they want. But now, with this Living Story Part I HAVE to pair up with them to get my achievements. While others probably can’t understand that I don’t enjoy spending time with hostile players, this is so uncomfortable for me that I decided to ignore the Achievements after I got access to the Playhouse.

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

What’s sad in these instances is there are so many people that it would take two seconds to revive someone who is just downed but farmers can’t be bothered to stop pressing 1. When the game launched people doing events in zergs would not hesitate to revive someone.
The ember farmers were the worst of it, but the clockwerk crowd is better. I was in a zone last night where you did have people reviving downed players, even ones in melee range. It wasn’t very many, but you did see that idea of actually helping someone other than yourself returning to huge open world events. Myself and two other players even stopped to revive women’s who had fallen too far down a cliff when moving to the next event. While you’re not seeing the same level of helpfulness you used to, it is still there.

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

The community lives inside a toilet, mystic toilet.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

This.

It was already there. No one noticed before b/c most of them were hiding in COF
….but boy, they were just as rude and excluding if not more so

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Don’t know if you were on an overflow, or your home server when all that “smack” talk went down. I am sorry you were subjected to that. If it’s your home server, you might consider moving.

My guild was out running “swat team”, doing smaller events away from the zerg (to help with the overall timer) during two Clockwork Chaos runs. Once on an overflow, once on our home server.

Ran into folks that were having trouble, a few that were going down a lot as we took champions with maybe 6-8, sometimes as much as a dozen. Some folks went down, we got them back up mid-fight and all we saw was “thank you”. Complete strangers working together in a community-oriented way the way it was during beta and months after release. That’s the culture of this game.

Immature, self-absorbed people that attack others in public should not be tolerated. If those players have come from a game where that is the standard culture (we know which game it is where the developers fostered that), then these egocentric players need to understand that kind of behavior is not standard across all games.

When we see map chat erupting with a few of these “misfits” intent on spreading their imported culture, folks step up and remind them that GW2 players don’t run that way, that the server has a mature, helpful community. The attackers usually push back briefly then subside. Sometimes they just need to be called on it in a non-attacking way, the way an adult or authority figure would objectively point to the norms as a reminder of expected behavior. They can then choose to belong to the community as a whole or not. Block works. Reporting egregious, non-ToS behavior also works for extreme cases.

If nobody says anything, this subset of players will continue to think that their non-community oriented behavior is acceptable.

It’s not.

Good luck.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Posted by: Jared.8497

Jared.8497

Yeah this sounds pretty bad. It’s usually pretty tame on my server, but I’ve heard it’s pretty rough elsewhere…

Kronus.6048

What’s sad in these instances is there are so many people that it would take two seconds to revive someone who is just downed but farmers can’t be bothered to stop pressing 1. When the game launched people doing events in zergs would not hesitate to revive someone.
The ember farmers were the worst of it, but the clockwerk crowd is better. I was in a zone last night where you did have people reviving downed players, even ones in melee range. It wasn’t very many, but you did see that idea of actually helping someone other than yourself returning to huge open world events. Myself and two other players even stopped to revive women’s who had fallen too far down a cliff when moving to the next event. While you’re not seeing the same level of helpfulness you used to, it is still there.

It’s not farmers particularly, but rather COF1 extreme elitist farmers. The ones asking four warrs/one mesmer. Those guys you could have avoided before and you never had to interact with them. Those are the same guys that troll/curse other people in CS/FG, so it’s kind of annoying to hear the same players that complained about them getting huge amounts with ‘’no effort’’ and now wonder why do those players get kitten ed if they complete X event. The lesson kids is that next time you complain about extremist farmers, think about the consequences.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Wow, that really sucks. I’m sorry for your experience. Hopefully, it’s not a vision of all the gamers here in the near future. So far, I haven’t had this kind of problem overall. For instance, during this update, I’ve been very impressed with how often people fighting a champ or a huge group of Aethers will support one another and rez each other and keep going. A WP isn’t always really close, so it’s nice when players help one another out.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Happens every time there an update ppl only come back for new content and then go away after a day or so this just a bit longer due to how much more there is to do and get. These players who act this way are not rep. of the GW2 community they are just fair weather players who will jump from game to game as it becomes new.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

This is pretty much how all MMO communities are. MOBAs are even worse, its the main reason why I wouldn’t touch LoL with a 10 yard stick.

Posted by: Sanctus.8350

Sanctus.8350

Seeing 50 people walk over your downed body can get annoying, but I don’t expect anyone to revive me when it takes 5 seconds to waypoint and get back into the fight. Reviving someone puts you in a vulnerable position, I have died many times trying to revive someone.

All I’ve noticed is that the update has brought out the whiners and weekend warrior tears; and to be honest, hardly any of it comes from “farmers”, its almost always “anti-farm” people starting arguments or griefing in some way. There are also a lot of people who apparently do not read patch notes.

Kronus.6048

Seeing 50 people walk over your downed body can get annoying, but I don’t expect anyone to revive me when it takes 5 seconds to waypoint and get back into the fight.

All I’ve noticed is that the update has brought out the whiners and weekend warrior tears; and to be honest, hardly any of it comes from “farmers”, its almost always “anti-farm” people starting arguments or griefing in some way. There are also a lot of people who apparently do not read patch notes.

yep, according to some players farming is anti-fun therefore anyone farming is a cheater/exploiter for not being happy with 2s per event

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

This.

Oh yeah, I completely agree. A ton of kids came over to this game because they could actually afford the price tag. I can’t even tell you how many kids under the age of 14 insulted me and exploited me by kicking me out of a dungeon party and selling my spot. All of this kids were hiding in CoF, but now they’re everywhere.

I thought WoW’s community was bad, but there might as well not even be a community in this game for all the good it does. I’ve never been in a party unless it’s been for a dungeon. That’s how bad this community is, and I’ve been playing over 3000 hours.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Jared.8497

Jared.8497

This.

Oh yeah, I completely agree. A ton of kids came over to this game because they could actually afford the price tag. I can’t even tell you how many kids under the age of 14 insulted me and exploited me by kicking me out of a dungeon party and selling my spot. All of this kids were hiding in CoF, but now they’re everywhere.

I thought WoW’s community was bad, but there might as well not even be a community in this game for all the good it does. I’ve never been in a party unless it’s been for a dungeon. That’s how bad this community is, and I’ve been playing over 3000 hours.

What makes you think they are kids? Adults can be mean too.

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I think that goes both ways. Yes there are people who won’t even help a downed player who isn’t even in a danger zone because they would rather spend those few seconds spamming damage. However, in the Queen’s Gauntlet for example, where the waypoint is just seconds away, players would be fully dead and will sit there and wait for someone in battle to res them. So one can say that the narrow channels for generating gold in GW2 spurs greedy attitudes but my god it does the same for downright laziness. And neither is good.

Whispers with meat.

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

I find fun in farming champs, it’s pretty dolyak obvious farming SHOULD produce the largest source of income to players who want to get gold (the players who refuse to do otherwise shouldn’t complain about not receiving the kitten pie, since the pie is there for you to take.)

And for those who don’t really have the time?

Yeah. kitten off.

Kronus.6048

I think that goes both ways. Yes there are people who won’t even help a downed player who isn’t even in a danger zone because they would rather spend those few seconds spamming damage. However, in the Queen’s Gauntlet for example, where the waypoint is just seconds away, players would be fully dead and will sit there and wait for someone in battle to res them. So one can say that the narrow channels for generating gold in GW2 spurs greedy attitudes but my god it does the same for downright laziness. And neither is good.

seconds away aka 20-30 seconds away. When you have to fight liandri for a few seconds or 1 min and walk for 30 seconds in between+ waiting time, it adds up fast

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Ember created somewhere around 10g/hr, Dead Eye was around 20-25g/hr. Both are in no way “small coin” rewards compared to what was available prior.

Before that the best was CoF for around 5g/hr. If they really wanted to drive prices down they should’ve just kept the gold/hr stable across all activities while increase mat supply(I guess this was done this week with nerfs to both).

You’re including the sales of materials in that when it comes to ember. That doesn’t cause any inflation or negative effects. All it does is lower the price of certain goods. If I was to go do dung’s I would get a far higher pure coin return which would cause inflation.

I won’t comment about deadeye because after the first 2 times I was already bored to tears with it so I stopped and I don’t remember how much of the reward was in str8 up cash.

There wasn’t a ton of new currency added into the game on average though (as seen in the dev post).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

I can back up the “winning an event is impossible”. After the first day, the farmers took over on IoJ, and there hasn’t been a single victory in the time I’ve been on. Also, despite the earlier claims, the farmers are downright rude. If you’re not part of the zerg, or you’re a group doing another event on the map, you’re “interfering with our spawns, noob. gtfo, this is a farm zone.” Variations on this are rampant.

Anyone asking to actually have the event done so they can kill Scarlet gets told they should have done it the first day, and who cares, because gold is more important than the story anyway.

Personally, I’d say drop ALL champs out of the LS invasion, and just leave the end reward – or have all the rewards from the champs only be rewarded upon successful completion of the event.

Note: I have no real issue with the regular champ zerg. Yeah, it’s stupid, and they are incredibly rude, but they’re only on 3 maps, and can be easily avoided (though it’s an incredibly toxic atmosphere for a new person to have to start in.) What I have an issue with, much like CS, is people intentionally failing content that someone else wants to complete.

Posted by: Sanctus.8350

Sanctus.8350

If they removed the champions, you would still fail. Removing them would not magically make the people farming them come help with the main event, they wouldn’t even bother going there in the first place. People need to stop blaming the ‘farmers’ for everything.

Yeah. kitten off.

People who invest more time should get more rewards, there is nothing wrong with that.

(edited by Sanctus.8350)

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Sweet. Another thread demanding that people not play a certain way.

Why are so many concerned with how others spend their time?

SBI

stale.9785

If they removed the champions, you would still fail. Removing them would not magically make the people farming them come help with the main event, they wouldn’t even bother going there in the first place. People need to stop blaming the ‘farmers’ for everything.

Look at the second half of my suggestion – only give the rewards upon success. That way, the zerglings would have to learn to do more than press 1 repeatedly, maybe to the point of actual teamwork and strategy. Spread out, not give any one group enough opposition to scale (fights go faster that way) call out the battles that need help, and actively avoid the ones that are over-manned. You know, thought.

Also, I don’t blame the farmers for “everything” just the things they do – outright rudeness to people just playing the game – refusal to res anyone, because “oh-noes-my-dps!”, the deliberate failure of events, regardless of the impact on others. These are things the farm zergs are guilty of. No more, but most certainly no less.

Aberrant.6749

I can back up the “winning an event is impossible”. After the first day, the farmers took over on IoJ, and there hasn’t been a single victory in the time I’ve been on. Also, despite the earlier claims, the farmers are downright rude. If you’re not part of the zerg, or you’re a group doing another event on the map, you’re “interfering with our spawns, noob. gtfo, this is a farm zone.” Variations on this are rampant.

Anyone asking to actually have the event done so they can kill Scarlet gets told they should have done it the first day, and who cares, because gold is more important than the story anyway.

Personally, I’d say drop ALL champs out of the LS invasion, and just leave the end reward – or have all the rewards from the champs only be rewarded upon successful completion of the event.

Note: I have no real issue with the regular champ zerg. Yeah, it’s stupid, and they are incredibly rude, but they’re only on 3 maps, and can be easily avoided (though it’s an incredibly toxic atmosphere for a new person to have to start in.) What I have an issue with, much like CS, is people intentionally failing content that someone else wants to complete.

If people are being verbally abusive then report them. Many of us have never seen this type of farming as you get better rewards overall by continually hopping to new champs… why you would just sit at one spawn and not include the 2 free rares and extra boxes from completing the waves into your loot… idk.

Again never seen this in now over 30 of these… and my server can be pretty farm happy at times. I’m surprised it’s happening on such a low ranked server (rank 18) and not at all on TC. I’m not trying to insult your server, just saying that lower ranked servers tend to have lower populations.

Just go to another overflow if so many people are doing that sit and farm one method that you can’t complete the event. The rudeness is uncalled for though. Maybe we should all be calling for harsher punishments of these sorts of people (rude farmers and non-farmers alike) instead of calling for nerfs to the event.

I would be all for there being a sort of tally for the number of champs you’ve killed on the map and then boxes being rewarded to everyone who participated after. That sounds like it would be a lot of fun to try to maximize rewards while being forced to kill scarlet or get nothing. In truth though most of us shoot for this goal every time already as it maximizes your loot. The all or nothing factor would be pretty fun though

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

stale.9785

Sweet. Another thread demanding that people not play a certain way.

I generally don’t care – but when they are deliberately failing events even after Anet changed it so you don’t get rewarded as well for failure, well, that’s just stupid, and it does indeed effect other people.

stale.9785

If people are being verbally abusive then report them. Many of us have never seen this type of farming as you get better rewards overall by continually hopping to new champs… why you would just sit at one spawn and not include the 2 free rares and extra boxes from completing the waves into your loot… idk.

Again never seen this in now over 30 of these… and my server can be pretty farm happy at times. I’m surprised it’s happening on such a low ranked server (rank 18) and not at all on TC. I’m not trying to insult your server, just saying that lower ranked servers tend to have lower populations.

Just go to another overflow if so many people are doing that sit and farm one method that you can’t complete the event. The rudeness is uncalled for though. Maybe we should all be calling for harsher punishments of these sorts of people (rude farmers and non-farmers alike) instead of calling for nerfs to the event.

Oh, we’ve got a large population, but on the whole we never get anyone into wvw. If nothing else, this LS should work as admirable training for wvw. Follow the blue dorito, spam 1 mindlessly, profit.

I don’t know why IoJ is getting special levels of rudeness, but the map chat reads like 4chan turned most of the time. It’s to the point that today I’ve just had map chat turned off altogether – and have been knocking “say” off as well.

I’m not all that overly sensitive either – I’m a steelworker. Harsh language and a certain level of rudeness is expected. What’s being spouted during the LS farm is the kind of thing that would earn a few rounds of parking lot therapy IRL.

Aberrant.6749

Yeah. kitten off.

People who invest more time should get more rewards, there is nothing wrong with that.

Sure, give people with less time an option to just straight up buy it then. Lets make things we buy in the cash shop able to be sold in game. Lets make the exclusion go both ways.

They do… people are farming for overall wealth. You can turn gems→wealth and get the same thing that they get.

If you want the tonic… you still get credit for the area, just not the scarlet kill when it fails (afaik). There are still enough without that to get your tonic. The daily counts towards that goal.

Tarnished Coast

Aberrant.6749

Oh, we’ve got a large population, but on the whole we never get anyone into wvw. If nothing else, this LS should work as admirable training for wvw. Follow the blue dorito, spam 1 mindlessly, profit.

I don’t know why IoJ is getting special levels of rudeness, but the map chat reads like 4chan turned most of the time. It’s to the point that today I’ve just had map chat turned off altogether – and have been knocking “say” off as well.

I’m not all that overly sensitive either – I’m a steelworker. Harsh language and a certain level of rudeness is expected. What’s being spouted during the LS farm is the kind of thing that would earn a few rounds of parking lot therapy IRL.

I’m sorry to hear that. I know many servers are more rude than TC by talking to WvW opponents about how they treat their own members on their servers. I wouldn’t stay on many of those servers despite their population/rankings or w/e.

This type of just sit and wait for more champ spawns seems to be a bit more isolated than the ember/champ type farms were. I’ve guested to other servers to play with friends and still haven’t seen it. I’m sorry that you’re unfortunately on one that seems to do it a lot. Again idk why you would want to… it’s not like there aren’t more constantly spawning across the map.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Zerg farming will never end. The game unintentionally encourages it. It’s the consequence of their hyper-sensitivity to control their economy.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Zerg farming will never end. The game unintentionally encourages it. It’s the consequence of their hyper-sensitivity to control their economy.

Its more about letting every one get there own loot AND able to lay clame to every mob you hit. In other mmorpgs you must beat other ppl to mobs so you can “zerg” farm in other mmorpgs but most of the time your not going to get any thing in GW2 you get something most of the time.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Here’s my 2cents.
You know what needs to stop ? People complaining about other people playing the game the way they want to.

OP pointed out that maybe people are farming as a zerg but not having fun- then why are they doing it? Pressure about upcoming gear?
There’s always going to be a FAST and EFFECTIVE way to play and a SLOW and INEFFECTIVE one. I’m tired of the people in category 2 complaining that people in category 1 are getting ahead.
Deal with it. Farming is an integral part of the game. I’d say that for each player who has fun exploring/hanging out with a friend/ completing events there’s another player that has fun by farming.
I have fun by farming. The more gold i make out of stuff the better it is.

The main deal is this :
This game has been out for almost a year – the majority of the playerbase that farms does so because they’ve already done anything and everything else.
In the 1000+ hours I’ve put into this game I’ve been everywhere and done everything. There’s nothing new any dungeon, dynamic event or WvW map can show me. The game lacks content and because of that the only thing left to do is to farm gold and buy stuff that I like.

The game world is a finite environment. After a while you’ll inevitably see it all and no longer feel the need to do the same thing over UNLESS it’s rewarding.

Zerg farming is great – it allows everyone to have a chance at farming ( unlike selective farms like COF P1 ).

You want to have fun in GW2? Have fun then.
You don’t like farming? don’t farm.
But don’t expect to sit on your behind – not farming – and just doing what you think is " fun " and the game should reward you more than the guy busting his behind to get the most out of his game time.
If I put more into this game, if i’m faster/more serious/more dedicated I should be able to get more out of it. If anything Zerg farming actually allows non-farmer types to catch up with the rest of the farmers.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

arjeidi.2690

Yeah. kitten off.

Sure, give people with less time an option to just straight up buy it then. Lets make things we buy in the cash shop able to be sold in game. Lets make the exclusion go both ways.

They do… people are farming for overall wealth. You can turn gems->wealth and get the same thing that they get.

If you want the tonic… you still get credit for the area, just not the scarlet kill when it fails (afaik). There are still enough without that to get your tonic. The daily counts towards that goal.

My post was rubbish, sorry. My reply was aimed at someone who posted that farming should be the most rewarding.

I have no problem with more time spent doing something = more rewards (more. not better). But if 6 hours of completing maps is 1/50th of 6 hours champ training, there’s a huge problem imo, and I am opposed to that. But if people want to farm, I’m all for it as long as it doesn’t get abusive. If it does, abusers should be dealt with but farming shouldn’t be nerfed.

The attitude of “I have lots of time, I deserve more than other people” is stupid though. None of us really “deserves” a kitten thing lol.

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

You don’t find it “fun” so it has to stop? How about you just do something else yourself and let others get on with what they want to do.

Quite a lot of players don’t rez in the Queens Trials either, being a kitten is not restricted to people running about in a zerg.

I Completely Agree with you.

In addition, we all have choices, why Impost the choice of another for the sake of your Cause?.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

stale.9785

Abberant, I’ve guesting on TC, and I’ll admit, it was generally more pleasant than IoJ. (Ended up on IoJ because the bulk of the guildies from GW1 chose it in a randomized “pick a number” style.)

If I was willing to spend another dime on Anet, I’d transfer in a heartbeat. As it is, I may just guest there regularly when I log in.

However, unless the “zerg the whole map and fail, because *champions!” is non-existent on other servers, then I stand by my second recommendation – make the rewards for the champs conditional upon victory. For those who are reading into this something I didn’t say, what I’m proposing would be;

The spawns scale like they do now, and the game tracks how many champs you tag. If the invasion is successfully repelled, you get the reward for the event, plus all the bags/boxes from the champs, and related loot. You fail to do the event? You get nothing.

I would find that far more interesting and rewarding than what’s I’ve seen going on the last couple of days – “tag all the things, run to next group, tag them too. If you’re not part of the zerg, go die in a fire!” Even the Ember Farm required more skill and cooperation than the LS farm does.

Full disclosure, I’m one of the people who went around finishing the Temple events, so that the meta event could continue. I’m not outright anti-farm, but I’m certainly of the mindset that farmers should never impede people trying to play the game as intended.

Aberrant.6749

Abberant, I’ve guesting on TC, and I’ll admit, it was generally more pleasant than IoJ. (Ended up on IoJ because the bulk of the guildies from GW1 chose it in a randomized “pick a number” style.)

If I was willing to spend another dime on Anet, I’d transfer in a heartbeat. As it is, I may just guest there regularly when I log in.

However, unless the “zerg the whole map and fail, because *champions!” is non-existent on other servers, then I stand by my second recommendation – make the rewards for the champs conditional upon victory. For those who are reading into this something I didn’t say, what I’m proposing would be;

The spawns scale like they do now, and the game tracks how many champs you tag. If the invasion is successfully repelled, you get the reward for the event, plus all the bags/boxes from the champs, and related loot. You fail to do the event? You get nothing.

I would find that far more interesting and rewarding than what’s I’ve seen going on the last couple of days – “tag all the things, run to next group, tag them too. If you’re not part of the zerg, go die in a fire!” Even the Ember Farm required more skill and cooperation than the LS farm does.

Full disclosure, I’m one of the people who went around finishing the Temple events, so that the meta event could continue. I’m not outright anti-farm, but I’m certainly of the mindset that farmers should never impede people trying to play the game as intended.

Welcome to TC! Even if you’re just guesting lol.

As far as the ember/temple farms I have no problem as long as you completed the chain or needed something from there… but if you just went around to stop others from being able to farm that’s uncool.

If you ever want to transfer you could farm for the gold to turn into gems and transfer without spending real money :P

Tarnished Coast

stale.9785

Ah – I only broke the ember farm once – and that was purely to carry on with the meta event. The lyssa one I broke either to get stuff from the karma vendor for myself, or to help guildies carry on with a given event. I won’t go about finishing events just to be a kitten about it – if only because I’m too lazy.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

you’d be surprise to see how many people find that the most FUN thing to do is getting those sweet sweet loot. seeing some orange items gained over and over again.. opening boxes that gain them gold in hope of a rare chance to get the winning lottery.. even with all the repetition thats going on within the activity!
well sure.. some people like challenge and hard fights, but as much as how many of these people that like hard content, there are equal or more people that like ease content..
not all people think like you and your thought doesn’t represent all.
what you’re saying is just..
I find champ zerging / CoFarm / [insert next farm here] boring, and I dont want to see everybody else gain materials/ gold from them, thus the perfect thing to do is nerfing them!!!

Sweet sweet loot? from champ boxes? Well, GW2 characters will say that to about anything, they are pretty much mesmerized by spider leg drops.

I’ve opened 100’s of these boxes, I’m not seriously impressed say compared to boss encounters especially with the ones that have a ton of minions including many champs (doing full chains). There are cores though, those are nice, but then it just all unfolds from champs as I chase down the boss.

I do champ zergs sometimes though, but really just to kill time while waiting for a boss chain to start. Like waiting for SB, a good example, the champ zergs there are fairly civil, a lot of those people are waiting for SB too then move on to the next boss/zone when it’s all done. Others there are leveling, not worried about laying all the dps they can on the champ to the point of stepping over downed players getting in their way.

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

Lol! The title of this thread should be a bumper sticker.

Posted by: Reinforcments.5713

Reinforcments.5713

Man this mechanic has more problems than a pinto.

Seriously I don’t think there is an acceptable solution to this problem because Anet created some sort of monster. The fact that Anet has gone so far to stand out from all other mmos that in itself creates problems that are squarely unique to this mmo and this one only.

You know this is something that would never happen in a game like EQ2 or other mmos for one simple reason: You’re competing with everyone else already.
You have to complete your own quests for loot, you have find your own loot and you have to work with other people in order to get…more loot.

I think the civility in wow can certainly out-class this game’s community six ways to sundae. (pun). Just solely for the fact that you have play nice with everyone in order to get your loot seems to be a far superior incentive than what guild wars 2 “Every man for himself” motto seems to be.

What good is working together if my loot is no different from your loot off the same mob? Why should I bother completing dynamic events if my reward is less worthwhile than what a newbie at level one would get in any other game? Why should I even care if anyone likes me or not when I can just jump into anything at any time regardless and still get a sweet ride?

Now these champ chest are nothing new, nothing new at all even in the slightest. Names have been dropping master chests in mmos for DECADES. The only difference is I have absolutely no reason to care about anyone since I get mine anyway. That’s why there is the most intensive player backlash i’ve ever seen in any mmo.

Anet, you really went too far in wanting to change the face of mmos. You created a game that essentially needs nobody at all. A glorified one player game that happens to have other people in it. A game I would rather play alone because having to conceive the idea of working with other people for no good reason would be a hindrance to my own skills, ability or loot than an asset.

Yeah…..

Daywolf.2630

Why should I even care if anyone likes me or not when I can just jump into anything at any time regardless and still get a sweet ride?

Well that’s pretty much how most boss meta’s go as well. I used to get very annoyed, I’d often nearly lag out (on occasion I would DC at peak time) when miraculously the size of the people participating in the chain went from 8 or 10 people to 50+ at the very last minute like clockwork every time. Like the size of sudden WvW mega zergs…

But then I started thinking, most the people that come in at the start of the chain are good players, helpful and like to have fun. I don’t need all those people that always come in at the last second – to be involved through the chain, even when we have failed grenth twice and just barely managed to get up to the end on the third try. Chances are those peeps wouldn’t know what to do, wind up failing the event for the rest of us, because all they know is how to zerg in on the death of the boss and care nothing about how to work their way there.

Kronus.6048

you’d be surprise to see how many people find that the most FUN thing to do is getting those sweet sweet loot. seeing some orange items gained over and over again.. opening boxes that gain them gold in hope of a rare chance to get the winning lottery.. even with all the repetition thats going on within the activity!
well sure.. some people like challenge and hard fights, but as much as how many of these people that like hard content, there are equal or more people that like ease content..
not all people think like you and your thought doesn’t represent all.
what you’re saying is just..
I find champ zerging / CoFarm / [insert next farm here] boring, and I dont want to see everybody else gain materials/ gold from them, thus the perfect thing to do is nerfing them!!!

Sweet sweet loot? from champ boxes? Well, GW2 characters will say that to about anything, they are pretty much mesmerized by spider leg drops.

I’ve opened 100’s of these boxes, I’m not seriously impressed say compared to boss encounters especially with the ones that have a ton of minions including many champs (doing full chains). There are cores though, those are nice, but then it just all unfolds from champs as I chase down the boss.

I do champ zergs sometimes though, but really just to kill time while waiting for a boss chain to start. Like waiting for SB, a good example, the champ zergs there are fairly civil, a lot of those people are waiting for SB too then move on to the next boss/zone when it’s all done. Others there are leveling, not worried about laying all the dps they can on the champ to the point of stepping over downed players getting in their way.

And that’s the thing Daywolf. People think farmers get orange items like candies. Personally in over 1000 boxes I’ve found 1 cobalt worth 18g and like 4-5 oranges worth 50s-1g. My friend got precursor with 0 mf ,no buff in pavilion while doing his daily. He made 450g profit in less than 1h. Is it fair?it’s RNG, so just because we farm a lot, it doesn’t mean we make crazy amounts since farming more than 2h is VERY frustrating and it doesn’t help when you have fanatics that are annoyed that farmers get more reward for the farming they’ve been doing for no reason.

Kronus.6048

Ah – I only broke the ember farm once – and that was purely to carry on with the meta event. The lyssa one I broke either to get stuff from the karma vendor for myself, or to help guildies carry on with a given event. I won’t go about finishing events just to be a kitten about it – if only because I’m too lazy.

That’s one of the issues with some people doing. They finish some events JUST to kitten off zergs even if some CS escorts are hell. They see themselves as heroes and liberators, but it’s just a different type of trolling, except you’re also trolling the guys that did not insult them or anything.

Daywolf.2630

And that’s the thing Daywolf. People think farmers get orange items like candies. Personally in over 1000 boxes I’ve found 1 cobalt worth 18g and like 4-5 oranges worth 50s-1g. My friend got precursor with 0 mf ,no buff in pavilion while doing his daily. He made 450g profit in less than 1h. Is it fair?it’s RNG, so just because we farm a lot, it doesn’t mean we make crazy amounts since farming more than 2h is VERY frustrating and it doesn’t help when you have fanatics that are annoyed that farmers get more reward for the farming they’ve been doing for no reason.

Well yeah, that’s why I was so baffled about the recent embers farming (and PO’d). That blocked two temples, including boss encounters, many champs/vets, and a huge army of general MOB’s that also add up for good drops. I do the Orr temples on avg three evenings a week. Avg around 150% MF w/o extra buffs, it’s real nice loot. But lazy won out? Meanwhile we were blocked out of our temples.

It’s like Christmas time, look at the big shiny box under the tree! What a valuable box to rip to shreds and toss into the trash. Oh but the box! all shiiiny!

We had the giant farm happening there not long ago. That wasn’t as bad, blocked just Arah (kept anchor WP open for grenth). But we were still able to open up Arah at least once a day so people could get to the karma vendor and have easy access to the dungeon during peak time. Most of the farming went on late at night when generally no one is running temples, a lot of mob drops much like shelter gate used to be with a lot people there. But once shiny looking boxes hit, attitudes got down right deplorable towards those that needed the WP open, or the karma vendors up, or just to have a chance at better loot from doing the assault. Baffling. And quite a few guesting because they had a zerg going on our server.

I’ve been told that then I should guest to another server not zerging out embers. But we have generally the same people most nights doing temples, people we group with, guild mates that join in for the fun of it. Why should we that are more of a community be dispersed to other servers for people that want to be lazy and rude? So yeah, I’ve noticed a difference.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

B/c it’s literally killing the game … faster than doing nothing at all would have.

arjeidi.2690

Farmer not getting a precursor still ends up making waaaaaaay more money than a non-farmer not getting a precursor.

Kronus.6048

Farmer not getting a precursor still ends up making waaaaaaay more money than a non-farmer not getting a precursor.

that actually only depends how persistent you are and how much you can handle grinding the same thing over and over. average on boxes is 10g per hour. That means 42h to gain that. I don’t know you but personally max I used to do when I forced myself was 2h per day. Sure, some people can do 10+ hours daily, but if they can resist that much, they deserve it.

Aberrant.6749

B/c it’s literally killing the game … faster than doing nothing at all would have.

It’s not killing the game. The game is doing just fine. Number of player is growing and is stable economically within the game. Some prices went down, others went up. If inflation from farming was so rampant then you wouldn’t be seeing this balance. Please take your tin foil hat off.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Seeing 50 people walk over your downed body can get annoying, but I don’t expect anyone to revive me when it takes 5 seconds to waypoint and get back into the fight. Reviving someone puts you in a vulnerable position, I have died many times trying to revive someone.

Excellent point.

Last night I was doing some invasion content and at one point there were several people complaining about people not ressing them when the event was actually on a waypoint. A couple of them were literally within melee range of the waypoint, just lying there complaining about no one taking the time to get them back up.

Aberrant.6749

Excellent point.

Last night I was doing some invasion content and at one point there were several people complaining about people not ressing them when the event was actually on a waypoint. A couple of them were literally within melee range of the waypoint, just lying there complaining about no one taking the time to get them back up.

Yup, seen that myself. That 1.5s is too much for some players man. Lol.

Tarnished Coast