Zerk Warrior LF4M Zerk Warrior

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lexie.5894

Lexie.5894

Honest question for the devs: Does it bother you that the ideal group for any of your content in 5 of the same class / build? Does it bother you that most groups only want this one class / build to join? Has it ever made you think “you know what, maybe something is not right about that”

Just wondering.

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

Really? 5 zerk warriors doing 40+ fractals?

honestly, outside of cof p1, that’s a wipe waiting to happen

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

THIS.
But 5 zerker warriors are also required to actually complete Arah p4, all other compositions will be lame.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

But 5 zerker warriors are also required to actually complete Arah p4, all other compositions will be lame.

That is sad. I would like to complete Arah someday. I’d also like to win the lottery…

Posted by: Xauhes.9634

Xauhes.9634

I did arah p4 before the nerf with 2 guardians 1 mesmer 1 engi and warrior. We kill her in the first try 30-40min long fight.

Posted by: Lexie.5894

Lexie.5894

I’ll give you fractals, but not “outside of cof p1”. This make up is the best for any zone with the exception of MAYBE new CM and even in that case just make one of them support instead of zerk and you’re golden

5 warriors is also the best way to role WvW, without question. although they will not all be zerk.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I like when I get into zerker war groups on my Thief and I’m the only one who isn’t downed every fight in melee range. .-.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Stego.3148

Stego.3148

I do 800 CoF tokens a day, 2 runs on each class, and if I have time a handful more with a zerker warrior group on my warrior or mes. Any group comp of zerkers of any class can clear it in relatively the same amount of time. Some runs of mixed classes are about the same speed as a warrior group some are slower. The difference of a good warrior group vs a good any class group is at most a minute and since most people can’t handle farming for more then an hour anyways this is kind of irrelevant. And there’s definitely a fair share of warrior groups that underpreform vs a nice group of a random mix of classes.

Warriors are setup perfect for cof path 1 in a lot of ways, outside of that their mileage is about the same or worse then most other classes. I’d say guardians are the king of any other dungeon or fotm and can preform pretty much on par with most warriors in a cof 1 zerker group.

What most people don’t understand is zerk warrior is a min max of mere minutes which would only add up in a very long term farming sessions. More time is wasted replacing members and afks and finding an open gate then any specific comp would shave off of the time needed. Zerk warrior groups tend to be the most stable on this end also as people are there specifically for long term farming more often then just up for one run and leaving causing up to 5 minutes of replacing downtime.

It doesn’t have much to do with the game it’s just a myth centered around a popular dungeon, cof isn’t even the best g/hr dungeon farm, it’s not a big deal and warriors are fine the entire thing is a misconception in the community and the variable of people making a warrior to maximize their farm hence having a better mind set to preform better and farm harder in cof.

All that being said, if your life will end if you clear CoF path 1 one minute slower then the potential fastest, I’d recommend you level a warrior. It just takes a few days of casual playing to get to 80

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

(edited by Stego.3148)

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I like when I get into zerker war groups on my Thief and I’m the only one who isn’t downed every fight in melee range. .-.

I notice that I get downed a lot but I also end up with a lot of aggro that I can’t ditch until another player can get it.

Some runs I can get through without dying. Usually there is another warrior that ends up taking that aggro and it gets shared around. If I’m the only warrior, I’ll end up with it and get downed before the thief does.

You probably are not doing enough damage to get higher on the threat list against the other warriors. You also have stealth that also helps when you have other players around to immediately get the mobs attention.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

THIS.

Arah P4 is doable with any group composition, no Warriors or Zerkers needed. The only path that people run with zerker warriors is CoF p1 because it’s stupidly fast/easy so instead of looking to “finish” it, people are looking to finish it as quickly as possible.

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

I’ll give you fractals, but not “outside of cof p1”. This make up is the best for any zone with the exception of MAYBE new CM and even in that case just make one of them support instead of zerk and you’re golden

5 warriors is also the best way to role WvW, without question. although they will not all be zerk.

give or take a few explorable paths. but open world pve is an exception because it’s a cake walk..

what about the new AC? would you want to take 4 other zerker warrs with you?

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I notice that I get downed a lot but I also end up with a lot of aggro that I can’t ditch until another player can get it.

Some runs I can get through without dying. Usually there is another warrior that ends up taking that aggro and it gets shared around. If I’m the only warrior, I’ll end up with it and get downed before the thief does.

You probably are not doing enough damage to get higher on the threat list against the other warriors. You also have stealth that also helps when you have other players around to immediately get the mobs attention.

More of a building full zerker = squishy and die thing than that.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

What could a zerker warrior group (plus maybe mesmer/guardian) do which a ragtag group of randoms cannot do?

Besides farming CoF? Because seriously I can’t understand why you would farm something which isn’t fun in this game when there are so many other things to do and ways to actually have fun. Even in farming you’re only shaving a matter of minutes off.

As was pointed out above – I suspect the real reason zerker warriors are good farmers is because people roll them with the intention of farming. Thus you are likely to get a good group of farmers when you specify a zerker warrior cof group, rather than have uncommitted people dropping out or dcing etc, which are the real timewasters.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I did lev30 daily with 4 warriors and it was so bad, one of the worst teams with which i managed to at least finish the daily i ever got… 5 zerk wars at lev40 would be funny to watch fail and port into lab to repair every 5 minutes lol

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

More of a building full zerker = squishy and die thing than that.

A warrior in full berserker gear has more health and armor than my ranger in knight’s gear. My ranger survives in melee just fine.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

Worst reply ive heard in a long time. I myself an a ‘zerk warrior’ and I regularly run CoF path 1 with a ‘farming group’ (4 warriors, 1 mesmer), I run CoF P1 with random class compositions (because its awesome to chill with guildies), I run Arah and I WvW in a Tier 1 structured event four times a week. So with all that I think im in a good place to talk about this subject.

CoF P1 is fastest with the ‘farming’ group but there is very little difference between that and a ‘zerk spec’d’ random composition party. 60-120 seconds per run. Many dont know that a Guardian skill that gives quickness to the party (cant remember its name) can be proc’d twice with the help of a mesmers timewarp so having a guardian that knows that trick shaves more time off.

Other dungeons do not ‘require’ warriors in droves. Other dungeons require more than just ‘DPS the mobs down’ and some mobs such as the dogs in TA will take a zerk warrior down in a second unless you block, mitigate the damage or avoid the leap. Its not all about damage like CoF is.

WvW…. my guild is one of the well known guilds on Desolation (T1). We run structured, organised ‘semi-hardcore’ WvW events four times a week and do you know how many zerk warriors we use? One. We allow this player to go full damage because he is one of the best we have in mitigating damage and using movement. Take a look at Red Guard, arguably the ‘best’ WvW guild in Europe (im sure our PvP commander would dispute this!). They run full clerics/Knight/Soldier. Your statement about WvW comes from the fact youve never participated in structured WvW.

What I would like to say, however, is that I think CoF P1 needs a buff. As a zerk warrior I feel very bad when I find myself and group and all other classes are excluded. Make the dungeon harder to farm and all this talk of ‘warriors are best’ will disappear for a bit.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

A group of full zerker warriors can complete CoF P1 in 7 minutes meanwhile a group of mixed composition can complete SE P3 in 8 minutes.

Quit stressing the small stuff and just play the game.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Peetee.9406)

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

The problem lies in the developers refusal to split PvE and PvP skills. Mobs don’t dodge, which makes the counter to HB non-existant in PvE.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

THIS.

Entirely not true, I just did arah 4 with a mix of classes with complete success. Simin is by no means as high dps requirement as people make it out to be… In fact, I would go as far as to say, 5 decent zerker warriors will much more likely fail at arah 4 then 5 decent other dps classes.

There is a problem with Cof path 1 and I hope they address it soon. The dungeon is just too easy. In fact, all they have to do is fix the rolling ball part to not be port-able and a lot less people will farm it.

(edited by Lafiel.9372)

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

If you are forming a party, you have the right to bring whatever you want.

You can exclude players based on their profession armor or even race if you wanted to.

Join a different team and stop complaining.

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

Does it bother you that most groups only want this one class / build to join?

I think that saying ‘most’ groups is a bit of an over exaggeration isn’t it?

Yes, there are posts from people that just want this specific group for one specific dungeon, but it’s absolutely not the majority. I don’t have a Zerker Warrior and I get into Dungeon Groups all the time. Only one time did I have an issue with this, I joined a group with my Warrior (balanced build, half Zerker half Knights) and the group asked me to ping my gear in chat. I laughed, left the group, joined a new one and was off and playing.

The honest fact is, these ‘Zerker only’ groups are a small portion and no where close to the majority. These groups are easy to avoid, just don’t bother with those posts or any that just say speed run or farming run. I see all kinds of other classes in groups with me for COF including Rangers, Necro’s, Engineers, etc.

Let the Zerker groups have their fun, they aren’t hurting anyone.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Outside of CoF1, 5 zerker warrior groups will get their kitten slapped. Stop determining the quality of the playerbase by the easiest and most farmed path.

Bullkitten. My first Simin kill consisted of 2 guardians, ele, thief and yours truly on a MF geared warrior with level 15 bling.

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

I rather stay out of these types of CoF runs with my warrior than rebuilding him to a squishy one trick pony.

I enjoy my balanced spec which works perfectly fine everywhere except in the CoF speedrun groups. Which I dont care about anyways, I dont care if it’s a run at optimal time or if it takes a while longer, it’s still a very short run either way.

I tried the squishy type of warrior a while after hitting 80, didnt enjoy it one bit.

In the end its up to the creators of a group. However, there is one thing I hate when I see it, guild groups centered around speed runs instead of picking whichever guildy that wants to go. It hasnt happened to me, but I’ve seen it happen in my own guild.

“Looking for x berserkser for CoF” and so on in guild chat. I personally think that when you are in a guild you try and bring guildies, even if they might not have your exact views on spec/gear. Otherwise, dont advertise in guild chat.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

I rather stay out of these types of CoF runs with my warrior than rebuilding him to a squishy one trick pony.

I enjoy my balanced spec which works perfectly fine everywhere except in the CoF speedrun groups. Which I dont care about anyways, I dont care if it’s a run at optimal time or if it takes a while longer, it’s still a very short run either way.

I tried the squishy type of warrior a while after hitting 80, didnt enjoy it one bit.

In the end its up to the creators of a group. However, there is one thing I hate when I see it, guild groups centered around speed runs instead of picking whichever guildy that wants to go. It hasnt happened to me, but I’ve seen it happen in my own guild.

“Looking for x berserkser for CoF” and so on in guild chat. I personally think that when you are in a guild you try and bring guildies, even if they might not have your exact views on spec/gear. Otherwise, dont advertise in guild chat.

As someone who also plays a balanced warrior build, I agree 100%.

Your DPS is always 0 when you’re dead.

I also agree about the guild thing, I’ll go with anyone from my guild with any build. Luckily, my guild is really good about that so it’s easy to find groups.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.