Zerk nerf, but no condi duration nerf?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

If Critical Damage is replaced by Ferocity, it is only fair that:
Condition Duration should be replaced because its obviously an OP PERCENTAGE and unfair stats across items/foods.

The reasoning on crit dps was that the 5%’s etc, are better scaled than say, a +Str item/food etc. So naturally by that reasoning, Condi Duration scales way to well and should be nerfed too.

Posted by: Denwic.2607

Denwic.2607

Not sure if trolling…

Given the fact that Condition Damage has many downsides (low damage on crucial environmental objects like the Graveling mounds, condition stack cap on world bosses/guild event bosses/anything with lots of people) and flat damage does not, I’d say if anything condition damage needs to be fixed if anything.

Denwic – Level 80 Engineer – Gates of Fabulousness

(edited by Denwic.2607)

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

There is a direct counter for Condition Duration, which is -Condition Duration.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

Yah, and there’s a direct counter for Flat Damage, which is Toughness.

No, Conditions do need a nerf. If in PVE everyone is wearing Zerker, in WVW everyone is doing Condition. Why is PVE getting the nod here, but WvW as usual languishes in oblivion?

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Yah, and there’s a direct counter for Flat Damage, which is Toughness.

No, Conditions do need a nerf. If in PVE everyone is wearing Zerker, in WVW everyone is doing Condition. Why is PVE getting the nod here, but WvW as usual languishes in oblivion?

nope not true! almost everyone has switched from condi to power! conditions maybe good in 1v1 but in a zerg no way! war shouts, ele waters and the -40% food+ melandru combo makes condis not deal much dmg anyways.
u can cleanse condis, u cant cleanse a 11k backstab or can u. is there food that reduces critical hits dealt to u? i dont think so.
i have 3 different condi sets sitting in my back for my mesmer. i wouldnt even go condi with my necro. zergs clean this way to quick and war are almost immune to condis with all the cleanses.
the only ones having a bad time with condis are the classes that are barely represented in zergs.
u say there is a direct counter to crit dmg? sure i have 1800toughness on my mesmer(light armor) and i still get 8k backstabbed i get 11k killshotted, i get hit by 6k meteorshower, 10k fire grab. not even glamour confusion dmg back in the day was ever able to deal such dmg. so toughness is no counter to this.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood