Zerker nerfed, allow us to swap asc gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: saye.9304

saye.9304

My thoughts

1. If you are truly all knights gear, you will not lose any damage

2. IMO, ‘nerf’ to spirit of nature will not reduce ranger viability in dungeons, let alone change people’s opinions on rangers in dungeons

3. Not too sure on your question but you mention “[pve] mobs usually don’t hit hard so it makes sense to have better passive and low active”. Dev’s point is that ‘low’ active was essentially ‘never used’ active, and that a slightly reduced passive and larger active will still see lots of play in [pve] for the reasons you mention (content that doesn’t hit hard)

u didnt answer my question at all dude :
1:thats point if it does nothing to builds like mine and a little nerf to berseker then whats point of even nerfing it except upsetting people with nerf news.
2: if thats true(which i dont think so)again no porpuse except making rangers angry over unnecessary nerf.
3: again like u said people will use it as before no true effect here as well.
now u get my point i am asking the reason behind all nerfs and u gave none lol,but thanks for replying dude.

(edited by saye.9304)

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

The irony will be the bigger emphasis on berserker now than before since berserkers will be less capable of compensating the lack of dps from other less efficient pve stat sets. As a lot of people are already in berserker gear but could for the most part pug with people that were not optimised ok it’ll likely not be the case so much anymore so the LFG will likely be even more slanted to berserker since the reduce in dps means less ability to carry weaker stat sets from others….community is going to get worse :\

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: siralius.9517

siralius.9517

This does the exact opposite of what they wanted…

Now since zerk does less dmg groups will almost have to run full zerk to keep dmg up. If you run anything but zerk you’re going to slow down the group… GG

You can also count on people who want fast runs to start requiring Ascended Weapons with force/night sigils and Offensive Consumables only aside from Berserker everything and Scholar runes in their listing

These two posts are so hilarious, sad and so on point all at the same time. Next time you get booted from a party because you have not meet these requirements remember to thank Anet.

I’m just going with the flow.
Let’s make it “Casual Friday” errday.

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

I think it’s a change in good direction.
Why?
Because celestial stats should be distributed somewhat evenly, not a little bit of everything and a huge batch of critical damage.
Granted, other stats should be increased slightly, just enough to compensate for this nerf which is actually orientied at berserker’s/assassin’s gear.

Posted by: Pariah.8506

Pariah.8506

This is the case now, and hasn’t changed at all. Not one iota.

The thing is, this is supposed to be the first change of many. Anet doesn’t want to make a huge BOOM change. Look at all the crying over this already and it’s not even out. Could you imagine what the response would be if Anet cut it further.

They’re making this change to make other future changes possible, but it’s one step at a time.

Given the reaction record of these forums, I’d think that’s a pretty smart move on their part.

I for one would be glad if they made a BOOM change. They intended to break the mould and do some radical things with this game, I’ll wholeheartedly approve of them trying new things, god knows this game needs it.

There’s nothing wrong with making mistakes, mistakes lead to better understanding, improvement and progress. But for that to happen one must acknowledge mistakes, and so far I haven’t seen that in the communiques of corporately-correct language.

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

@OP’s calculation

Something people may have looked over is that critical damage builds usually spec into traits to get an extra 30% crit damage, it’s unclear whether ANet was taking that into account when they said berserker builds would have a 10% over dps nerf. If they did then it will a 10% nerf like they said, if they didn’t then the overall dps impact will be a bit less than 10%. The calculations will be slightly different when taking into account ferocity from runes and traits.

Highly doubt it because trait setups would vary. I believe they meant that if you run full berserker now (weapons, armor, and trinkets) then post patch you would have a 10% dps nerf.

Posted by: Morgash.3165

Morgash.3165

The thing is, this is supposed to be the first change of many. Anet doesn’t want to make a huge BOOM change. Look at all the crying over this already and it’s not even out. Could you imagine what the response would be if Anet cut it further.

They’re making this change to make other future changes possible, but it’s one step at a time.

Given the reaction record of these forums, I’d think that’s a pretty smart move on their part.

I for one would be glad if they made a BOOM change. They intended to break the mould and do some radical things with this game, I’ll wholeheartedly approve of them trying new things, god knows this game needs it.

There’s nothing wrong with making mistakes, mistakes lead to better understanding, improvement and progress. But for that to happen one must acknowledge mistakes, and so far I haven’t seen that in the communiques of corporately-correct language.

Making mistakes is one thing.. but anyone with half a brain can see that this change doesn’t really change anything for the better. This issue is the defensive / support stats are so out shinned by zerker gear due to game mechanics. The lowering of the effectiveness of Zerker gear all it does is make it more of a demand. Further isolating other gear sets.

With out a fundamental change to content, on how pve fights are fought. Like way way less one shot wonder hits. More sustained dps from mobs that make the need for players to soak damage. That in turn allowing support class to you know support the other team mates with heals and such.

The current changes are mistakes even before live.. we know the issues. What we see is the age old nerf that in the end only hurts everyone involved and does nothing to fix the core problem.

Posted by: Pietroswim.7364

Pietroswim.7364

I Spent 2460 cof tokens and 480 arah and 70 laurels(it’s not too hard to get more badges). tokens on zerker gear. I would like to request a refund on these tokens if possible. Also thank you Anet for making this game. I have had far more enjoyment playing this game than I have playing all other mmos combined.

(edited by Pietroswim.7364)

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

People need to listen to the podcast instead of just reading a post. This is only the first step to balancing the builds, not a complete solution. They can’t make more changes till they see how this one goes down. This isn’t a zerker solution only a single step.

Too little too late? Bet the cash shop dept. didn’t stop to see how things go down.

Posted by: Bubby.6475

Bubby.6475

Normalizing crit damage is not going to stop people from using the top dps spec for PVE.

They should be, like others have posted, changing the AI on mobs instead of giving them ridiculous stats.

FFWC forum moderators. :)

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

I honestly think the only gear that will be deeply and critically affected by this is celestial gear. And because of the hard work and money put into exotic celestial and ascended celestial, it would make sense to be allowed to change it.

I’m just glad I didn’t make any, as I had considered making it for wvw.

Unlike me. I Spent over 200 laurels for ascended trinkets, recipes and the infusions for celestial items on all my characters. I demand a refund.

This is madness.

It is a 10% nerf, at most.

People are grossly overreacting.

Posted by: Benkei.6293

Benkei.6293

if you have X dmg Y critchance and Z crit dmg being X 100 y 100% and z 250%(150base+100% crit dmg)

you would be doing 250 damage every hit, if they nerf crit dmg by 10% then
X=100; Y=100; Z=240 then you would be doing 240

250 to 240 is a 4% nerf so in order to get an actual 10% damage reduction output they would need to nerf crit dmg by atleast 2.5 times my calculations, which would be insane… So that 10% damage output they stated on the video has to be crit dmg reduction total otherwise it doesnt make sense…

16 ferocity = 1 crit dmg make sense, 100 ferocity would be 6.25 crit dmg lol thats like a kitten ton of stats lost from the traits maybe they will pitty us and make it 15 ferocity = 1 crit dmg, no matter what case it is,

IF celestial stats state the same amount of power/healing power….. as ferocity, then celestial is DEAD

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Since CritDmg% will still be around as a stat in some form (on pvp gear for example), I think to compensate Anet should take that magic find stat they took off of Celestial and just make it a smaller crit #, so each piece of celestial gear will have some ferocity and 1-3% crit damage on each piece.

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

-snip-
The current changes are mistakes even before live.. we know the issues. What we see is the age old nerf that in the end only hurts everyone involved and does nothing to fix the core problem.

Ok. So, you understand that this change to crit damage is a pre-requisite for further changes and, while not knowing what any of those other changes are, believe that this change does nothing to fix the core problem? It sounds to me like you are operating under the false assumption which is that the crit change is their “solution” to the issue. They have openly admitted that it is not a solution but part of one. So, whether or not it only hurts everyone is a premature assessment if you ask me. Admittedly, they haven’t given us much to go on but some people are really misinterpreting what came out of the the live stream. The CDI discussions have been much more informative on some of the more big picture solutions and ramifications than the myopic topics surrounding the crit damage changes.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

So, instead of debuffing one profession they should raise all the stats to that, and make all the content in the entire game trivial and meaningless to everyone?

If something is out of whack by being two powerful, it’s not only less work to debuff that one thing, but think about it.

If you increase everything you also have to increase the power of all the enemies. Do you know how much work that would be?

One year after this game launched 95% of the content IS trivial and meaningless.

Think about it – just a few areas actually pose a challenge – High level fractals and some other places. The rest of the map? Trivial, boring, easy.

Because the players got better. It doesn’t have that much to do with gear as it does with people adapting and adjusting to the game more and more.
The real answer here would have been NEW content – instead of temporary LS clutter and more importantly the introduction of ELITE areas.

Thing FOW and UW from GW1. Sure fractals can work but not really – and by the time you get into FOTM 40+ you’ve already figured out the best strategies and seen all that fractals has to offer.

Perhaps a hard-mode variant of dungeons would be good – double the gold reward, double the tokens, increased drop rates for those players that REALLY want to play hard content.

Also to those who are considering that the game could be reworked – that will never happen. Each encounter and such will never be reworked – the only solution is that NEW content added is much more interesting and challenging and equally rewarding.

Edit : I see some people have focused on the idea that the majority want challenging content.
That is wrong – the majority of players want LOOT. Gold. Shiny things.
Challenging content is FUN but if it is not profitable or rewarding to run it players will do it once or twice for the challenge and then never do it again.

Why do you think people run AC 1/3 + CoF 1+2, SOS1 and HOTW1? Because of easy money.

Why don’t people do their own Arah paths? And just buy the dungeon from those going " Selling arah path x 5 g " – because they want the reward ( aka achievement) without doing the challenging content.

Why do you think the new Aetherblade path in TA is not being done by anyone?
Why do people never play SE P2?

Nope, the content isn’t trivial. It’s mostly trivial TO ME, but that’s because I play a lot. And for a certain percentage of people the content is trivial. For another demographic, probably more than half the player base, it isn’t trivial at all.

We’ve seen many posts on this forum that the game is too hard.

There’s danger in assuming your demographic is “the” demographic.

Plenty of people still find the combat in this game challenging. They can’t just make the game for people who are at the top of their game.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

How would you fix it, then? I’m genuinely interested.

Also, Mob AI is kind of a global thing.

Most people would fix THAT. Mob AI should have never been global in the first place. Almost every mob in the game aimlessly wanders in the same pattern, has the same aggro range, the same aggro rules, and attacks at the exact same speed. How could anybody be surprised that there wound up being one optimal build?

From my little experience from the starcraft/warcraft map editors I know AI programming is really tough (really really tough, I could barely scratch it), but I don’t think it’s out of hand to expect a little better than copy/pasting the same AI over the entire game with a few attack pattern variations.

Look at Torchlight 2 (at least I think that was the game), fun little online multiplayer RPG made by a middling studio. One of my most memorable encounters was with my first pack of wolves, who were actually wandering the area hunting like a pack of wolves. Of course I picked one out and started meleeing it. Then I noticed the others had crept around me in a circle. I was trapped, they had a lunge CC they would alternate to prevent my escape. I was totally outplayed and defeated by AI. And it was awesome.

The AI wasn’t particularly complicated either, in fact wolves tried to use that same tactic every time you stood still. And yet it felt sooooo much better than fighting most of the AI opponents in GW2. Even if they just give a new AI per mob-type it would improve the games PvE by leaps and bounds.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Well it will no longer exist Ensign, so no it is not “unaffected”

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Bato.5982

Bato.5982

MY OPINION:

Why kittening berserker/celestial in the upcoming patch when its already good as it is (heck I even think celestial gear needs a little buffing to begin with to compensate for the loss of MF). More importantly, like what others have said already, this proposed kittening won’t help other builds… it will probably create more demand for zerkers in dungeon runs.

The problem with the PVE world nowadays is that almost every MOB IS PREDICTABLE. There is a need to change either the AI of some of these mobs or give them more variety in skills, traits and stats (e.g. more toughness/less HP, more HP/less toughness, immune to crit, heals every now and then, can lifesteal, longer stun, etc). This way other builds will shine where the berserker meta can’t.

Secondly, almost all dungeons have ExPLOITS such as corner/wall glitch which makes running them easier; thus having a party with high DPS/zerker gear makes the run faster.

So, why not fix these glitches and start from there? Then we may consider kittening the berserker meta.

Posted by: hellsmachine.4085

hellsmachine.4085

I see you must be new to online gaming, welcome!

Nerfs have been in almost every single online game I have played and whilst I don’t agree with it it, it’s more than likely not going to change any time soon, as reducing a number on one line of code takes much less dev time than increasing numbers on 1000s of other lines. So all people who wonder why can’t they just buff the rest of the game, that’s why.

Nerfs are part of online gaming, I don’t like it, you don’t like it, but if you don’t learn to adapt to it and find a new way to use your favorite skill that got nerfed, than you might want to stick with single player games.

Enjoy your stay

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Or they could have held until they can release a major patch.

The way I see it, ANet wanted a quick fix to a problem.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: insomnia.3178

insomnia.3178

guys wtf!!?? don’t be fanboys and just admit that Anet is releasing just kitten from 3 months ago ……’’nerf’’ anything is the only way that they are following!! this isn’t the right way to be a great mmo ….this game is just falling down cause there are too many wrong dev’s choises and i’m so sad for that ….. P.S.: sorry for my bad eng

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

It reeks of a lazy fix riddled with incompetence for a problem that didn’t exist.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Axxo.7430

Axxo.7430

There will definitely be players complaining about the celestial nerf, since everyone invested their time and gold to create them and to see em nerf again.
If this change were suppose to come out before Ascended Armor crafting, we won’t see so much rant isn’kitten
I’m also a victim of a full set Ascended celestial, and I’m sure not happy with it. Sigh

Axxo “The Hex Guardian” – SoS

Posted by: Hobbitz.5831

Hobbitz.5831

The best way to adapt is by doing a 1 finger gesture.

Nope, its not the middle finger. It’s the pointer finger clicking on the uninstall button.

Vayne.8563

This does the exact opposite of what they wanted…

Now since zerk does less dmg groups will almost have to run full zerk to keep dmg up. If you run anything but zerk you’re going to slow down the group… GG

You think its very smart for Anet to nerf all the DPS builds for literally no reason and to do nothing about the actual problem people were complaining about in the first place?

I think if they feel a need to change it (and I certainly see a need to change it), then doing it slowly is smarter than making big sweeping changes all at once.

This is, as they’ve said, only the foundation, the first change of many to come. I’m happy to see it happen slowly.

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

The problem was that the other builds weren’t good enough, nerfing crit dmg just makes that one build worse, the others are still useless. Now it’s only going to take even longer to kill all those meat shield enemies that pose 0 threat and have millions of hp

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

It’s an easy decision to make, when you’re not the one signing the paychecks.

What?

As a consumer, you lack the perspective that the management of a business needs. Your focus is on what you want from the product (the game, in this case), while management needs to balance what their customers want with what the staff can deliver.

If there are two proposed solutions, and one requires many times more resources (money, staff, time) than the other, it’s a manager’s job to decide whether the results justify spending more resources than the simpler solution. The devs do not just come to work and do whatever they want to do, they have to follow the orders given to them by their bosses. When someone above the devs tells them that they have three weeks for a team of four to work on a project, they can’t just decide to take six weeks and draft two more members to work on it.

It’s management’s job to make these kinds of decisions, not the devs’ nor the players’.

I disagree its up to the consumer (players) ultimately what happens. Company’s like to think there in control but there really not. I am sure some people would argue stockholder’s play a large role in company’s but thats not true either.

The absolute truth of the matter is company’s needs consumers to want there product. The moment the consumer stops wanting there product. The company stops making money and goes out of business. There is zero gray area here its black and white company’s simply exist to fill a desire that a consumer wants filled. The moment they stop doing that they have no reason to exist.

example of this is me.

I am not pleased with the way the company treat’s me as a consumer/customer/player. I have completely stopped supporting the gem store. I still log in and play and talk to friends but as far as transactions go. I no longer use the gem store period. I don’t convert gold to gems or buy gems with real money. That is my way of showing my displeasure to Arena.net as a company.

I have some really mixed feeling’s about the up coming changes. I am not really sure a reduction in stat’s was the proper way to go. I really feel like the best way to handle this issue would have been to make the other stats more desirable.

They still have not presented even a hint at how they plan to fix condition damage which might have been something they could have used to wing people off the zerker meta.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

To avoid power creep. Buff only policies just lead to out of control power creep.

Please look up “power creep.” It’s probably the game’s biggest problem from a balance standpoint.

Overall, there has been no power creep at all in GW2, no matter what you think…

In fact the opposite has happened, a decline in power of all players characters.

TRUE FACT
If you took a 80 lvl character in full exotics pre quickness nerf (for newer players quickness was nerfed by 50% across the entire game) and they had a 1v1 duel with the exact same character in full ascended after this 21st of January patch which may include the nerf to crit dam %. Both players are equal in skill.

Who would win?

The character in exotics, it would be no contest.

Besides those 2 major across the board nerfs, there have really been 1,000’s of nerfs all across GW2 since it was released…

The devs quickly came to the conclusion a short time after release, characters were too powerful, we were ‘trivialising content’ which means completing it too fast, killing bosses too fast, completing dungeons too fast.

Obviously, they want to avoid this when GW2 is released in Asia/China, so current GW2 players have had to suffer a power decline and overall constant nerfs.

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

The problem was that the other builds weren’t good enough, nerfing crit dmg just makes that one build worse, the others are still useless. Now it’s only going to take even longer to kill all those meat shield enemies that pose 0 threat and have millions of hp

This.

I mean, condition still sucks, heals/tanks are still useless, so what do we have? A build that does less damage for no reason.

I mean, I’m ok with the change provided they give us incentive to actually want the other builds. This statement comes from a player who uses zerk/scholars.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Morgash.3165

Morgash.3165

-snip-

Ok. So, you understand that this change to crit damage is a pre-requisite for further changes and, while not knowing what any of those other changes are, believe that this change does nothing to fix the core problem? It sounds to me like you are operating under the false assumption which is that the crit change is their “solution” to the issue. They have openly admitted that it is not a solution but part of one. So, whether or not it only hurts everyone is a premature assessment if you ask me. Admittedly, they haven’t given us much to go on but some people are really misinterpreting what came out of the the live stream. The CDI discussions have been much more informative on some of the more big picture solutions and ramifications than the myopic topics surrounding the crit damage changes.

We have plenty to go on.. and we have the history of the game to go on as well. They did not even HINT at ai change or hint at any change at all to end game pve meta other then saying they would like more diversity. Then say to get to that diversity they are nerfing one aspect of the game.. and that aspect is not even what is at the heart of the problem.

There track recorded is not very good when it comes to balance changes… So many times people are scratching there heads going why nerf that or this when this other issue was the main problem. Same formula is happening here. We can see that zerker gear is not the issue but how fundamentally the pve meta is designed. So far there has nothing been even hinted at to address that issue but instead nerfing a side effect of the main problem.

Posted by: Antares.2586

Antares.2586

Celestial gear could be raised a bit to compensate these updates, yep.

Vayne.8563

This.

I mean, condition still sucks, heals/tanks are still useless, so what do we have? A build that does less damage for no reason.

I mean, I’m ok with the change provided they give us incentive to actually want the other builds. This statement comes from a player who uses zerk/scholars.

They’ve already said this first change is necessary to set up other changes, but they want to do things in stages.

This isn’t supposed to be “the solution”. It’s supposed to be part of a foundation for changes to come.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

To the OP.

This is not true, in my experience from other companies games, we must play different ones.

The very best devs leave the powerful skills/abilities alone and look at skills/abilities that no player is using. Then they buff/change those underused skills/abilities by tiny amounts until they are competitive but not more powerful then the top tier skills/abilities.

Thus you avoid power creep but create a lot more diversity, also you don’t upset players by nerfing there favourite skills but encourage them to try other skills over a period of time.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

To the OP.

This is not true, in my experience from other companies games, we must play different ones.

The very best devs leave the powerful skills/abilities alone and look at skills/abilities that no player is using. Then they buff/change those underused skills/abilities by tiny amounts until they are competitive but not more powerful then the top tier skills/abilities.

Thus you avoid power creep but create a lot more diversity, also you don’t upset players by nerfing there favourite skills but encourage them to try other skills over a period of time.

Pretty sure they’d end up nerfing those underused skills if you did that. They’ve done it before.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: veasna.3675

veasna.3675

Overhaul your monsters and how they respond to the types of skills used by players… that way we can be more creatively and intelligently play.

Nerfing zerker and still making it the best dps….. not sure if it would solve anything. Stacking and kill fast would still be the best way to go because your monsters are not smart. Why don’t you get this? Pls…

Half-kitten buffing support skills (so you won’t eat ur words on no holy trinity) will not make support any more attractive. Case in point, I ain’t gon’ bother chilling lupi or heal my teammates if the longer lupi is alive, the harder he is to kill and the higher chance my teammates will die. I would go full zerk to down it fast.

You’ve invested so much into the world: so many explorable zones, so many updates for living story. I don’t get how skills are continually “balanced” and fixed around pvp.

Lastly…. I want to play creatively and smartly in pvp but sometimes, i can’t even see what the other player is doing due to clutter graphic. Casting time seems to lag longer. 3/4 is more like 2 seconds with animation. Pretty much in pvp, it’s often zerg vs zerg or you’ll get steamrolled because your traits are not “reactive” to zerg.

If there’s a way to introduce “reactive defense or offense” in traits, it would be awesome. “RD” of “RO” would make traits more lively and smart and fun in pvp. It may work a long the line of “outnumber” in wvw where in pvp, if you’re outnumbered, your cds might be shorter? you might hit harder? you might actually have a chance to last a full 10 seconds before completely steamrolled.

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

If you had listened to the livestream, you would have heard that the nerf to zerker damage is just a first step, and that changes to monster AI, reactions to specific conditions, etc. to balance the usefulness of damage, support and control would follow later

Polka will never die

Posted by: tonny.7580

tonny.7580

i agre mobs need better E.I becous the reacon of mob are to stupid like 180 i sec if there skill u one dodge the boss or mob thos will casting skill 180 ad ur way if u dodge out of way soo it stupid

Vayne.8563

Nerf to berzerker is something that can be done now, but other changes will follow. They take longer to program but Anet is already working on those changes. You can see some changes to AI in the newer enemies to begin with.

The toxic alliance members rez each other, some dodge, they react much more strongly than other foes.

But all these changes take time.

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

I am so sad about these changes.

My favorite stat combination(celestial) is going to be nerfed to the ground.

I know i spent many gold making even ascended celestial set and now i will be forced to change to zerker.

We need a clarification from arenanet!!!!

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Adjusting monster AI first then adjusting the builds around the new AI makes the most sense.

Why adjust builds first?

To slow down the game for the farmers and speed runners.

I’m not saying whether this change is good or bad but it’s clearly a big middle finger directed at a certain group of players.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: The Lost Witch.7601

The Lost Witch.7601

Adjusting monster AI first then adjusting the builds around the new AI makes the most sense.

Why adjust builds first?

To slow down the game for the farmers and speed runners.

I’m not saying whether this change is good or bad but it’s clearly a big middle finger directed at a certain group of players.

They can’t playtest new encounters or encounter revamps properly if they know that there will be quite a significant stat change happening later on.

They probably first have to determine what would be an acceptable gap between the lowest damage builds and the highest damage builds. Then they can use this information to rebalance boss health/change their mechanics. This is important because they want to make content that is enjoyable for most players. If a boss has to have enough health to keep a decent berserker group busy for at least 3 minutes, it may take well over 10 minutes for some other parties. Which is likely to become boring and may even make it impossible for those players to do certain dungeons due to time constraints.

If they were to do it the other way around (encounter changes first) they would likely have to rebalance the mob health again after changing critical damage. In the meantime, more people would have invested in ascended critical damage gear.

Posted by: Lediath.7593

Lediath.7593

merging these threads was kinda silly IMO

Many of them were talking about very distinct issues with the upcoming nerf.
Lumping them all into one thread seems to say “qq here, we’re not listening” …

>.<

My main concern wasn’t even w/ the zerker nerf, but w/ the celestial nerf.
People, including myself specifically selected celestial gear for the very reason it’s getting nerfed!

It had mediocre stat spread, but made up for it because of it’s strong crit damage ratio. Because that part of the gear is now normalized, essentially all of my celestial gear is now near useless …

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

merging these threads was kinda silly IMO

Sorry, i asked for the merge, and yes, i am silly.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

Mhmm. Odd merge. The cry for a free swap was very different from the discussion about the nerf itself. I would agree that many of them need nerfed, but not those two points.

Posted by: Adhal.3187

Adhal.3187

So here is what I don’t get. Berserker will still be the highest dps set out the after the Nerf. If mechanics are the problem, and your going to get 1 shot even in defensive gear, why wouldn’t you still use the highest DPs set?

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

If you had listened to the livestream, you would have heard that the nerf to zerker damage is just a first step, and that changes to monster AI, reactions to specific conditions, etc. to balance the usefulness of damage, support and control would follow later

All that means is that Anet will once again over correct to a silly degree. Monster AI changes is all that was needed not a nerf to crit damage.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Avala.9675

Avala.9675

Man this merge was just weird. Every good post about celestial nerf and calculations got dumbed here with the berserker stuff wohoo.

Anyways if they dont do anything for the celestial gear then this crit dmg nerf that was supposed to bring down berserkers a little (you will get allmost the same dmg now with the 2 sigils on 2hweps) hurt the celestial gear to the point of it being absolutely crap.

Must be really afraid of the celestial meta that is going on right now. (Sarkasm)

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

Not sure if this has been brought up… Aside from ppl now be required to run zerk to be effective in a group, the opposite of what they’re trying to do. The time we spent to craft our armor, exotic and ascended celestial, now we are at a huge disadvantage in losing dps… Can we celestial users get a stat change? I spent an entire month, crafting and building mats for my exotic celestial armor and now it’s garbage for Everything.

Condition builds are the new meta and will remain supreme in wvw unless something is done about DD burst dmg loss from this huge nerf.

You want to implement this “small step” which is way bigger than you’re implying, then let every zerk/celestial user change the stats on our crafted armor/weapons. Is even go as far to say as we should get to change our ascended trinket stats too because those are just as big of a time sync in laurels!

-_- I’m at a loss for words honestly.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

Posted by: Synd.7982

Synd.7982

Yes please let us change this. I don’t understand the changes. More people played bunker already!. At least let us choose a new stat.. The rest of you might make it work. but a 10% loss? My build can’t handle that. Everyone get ready for every class running full bunker. and long long long fights.

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

Yes please let us change this. I don’t understand the changes. More people played bunker already!. At least let us choose a new stat.. The rest of you might make it work. but a 10% loss? My build can’t handle that. Everyone get ready for every class running full bunker. and long long long fights.

Bunker condi builds ftw… Endless battles ahead.

Let us change all our zerk/celestial gear to something else, if we want. If you want to keep it then keep it if not then let us change it. Don’t just force it on us and say adapt.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.