Zerker nerfed, allow us to swap asc gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Synd.7982

Synd.7982

I, as has everyone else, have spent ages making my (celestial) set of ascended gear for my WvW build. Time, gold, laurels, gems/cash etc and it’s not even finished yet, it never is before the next change comes in. It’s not perfect as a set for me, or anyone else for that matter, but I know a lot of folks that have made it as it’s a good all round balanced set if you use all stats and the crit on it makes it Ok….ish. Anyway, the reasons are irrelevant it was a decision I made based on the perameters that ANET made, whether the set is good or bad or OP is not the point.

The point here is that ANET are changing something that p(l)ayers have invested heavily in and had I known about this change in advance I may have made something else so therefore they should alloy players to change their sets if they are affected right?

I mean, if I buy cucumbers at the store when I get home I expect a cucumber in my bag, not a kitten banana…

Anet surely understands this will mean changes for people and would want to give us the chance to take the cucumber back and get what we wanted right, I mean what difference does it make to them??? After all this is about balance yes… so what if we change our gear for another set as they are all so well balanced right it won’t make any difference yeah?

Certainly looking through these threads no one seems to have a good reason as to why this would balance anything anyway…

But there must be a reason! So heres the rub! Every time they have a ‘balance’ /cough ‘update’ it means that players will invest more $$$, in more gems, to update their build, especially since the players that have the build they farmed for are less likely to want to farm it a second or third time etc. So we are more likely to buy gems (to spend on crazy silk etc – who made an xmas bonus on that one?) and rebuild if we want to have the BiS, which many players do. It seems to me looking through these threads there’s just no other realistic explanation for this change.

We farm drops, Anet farm us! Simples.

Anyways, if those affected aren’t given the opportunity to change their gear I won’t invest any more in this game, im just done, it’s just not worth it when stuff changes so fast, you make something one minute and the next it’s all change.

Any other games coming out with WvW soon please let me know?

Elder scrolls online comes out soon it will have WVW. check it out!!

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

^ I’ll definitely be checking it out as well as EQ next when it launches.

Gw2 has become the place holder/nothing better to do game before bigger and better things get released. Don’t make yourselves too comfortable over there at Anet. Just like we the players kept having to reinvest, you’re going to have to reinvest in another line of work. G G Anet, G G.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

ESO doesn’t have WvW … the developers are from DAoC (2001) and it’s called RvR.

Not that I am looking forward to ESO … it was the devs that turned their backs on RvR in DAoC and gave us things like Trials of Atlantis. I am holding out for Camelot Unchained, personally. CU is a PvP/RvR focused game where ESO is basically a PvE game with RvR thrown in.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Nerf to berzerker is something that can be done now, but other changes will follow. They take longer to program but Anet is already working on those changes. You can see some changes to AI in the newer enemies to begin with.

The toxic alliance members rez each other, some dodge, they react much more strongly than other foes.

But all these changes take time.

I agree that the new monsters rezzing and dodging are a new and welcome addition. My problem is that I am jaded with Anet’s timeframe. Releasing time gated expensive BiS armor and nerfing a well used meta is just terrible timing on their part.
If they ever fix conditions and healing/toughness it would require not only a rework of boss AI but the mechanics of the game’s combat. I highly doubt that they will do this anytime soon.
I remember GW1 when AOE’s would cause the AI to scatter, which caused issues to mob control. Something akin to this is needed in GW2 which would allow a buff to CC in order to mitigate. More thinking and tactics besides stack n smack is required for GW2.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

After all that ascended-grinding of doom in the most grindy game ever

Lol. Clearly, you’ve never played some of the other MMORPG’s. You know… games where it takes ages to reach max-level. Where you can’t switch traits and stuff anymore, or even stats. Where you need potions and other consumables for some of the harder content. Where you maybe even need consumables to be able to use some of your skills.

GW2 the most grindy game ever? Lol. Just lol.

Haha, its not on par with WoW (yet I add, it is getting there) but its not even in the same league as some of the other MMos out there. I remember not the latest Final Fantasy Cash In MMO, but the one before, that guild that took something like 40 hours of constant play to defeat a boss. They even had shifts of players to swap out to lets others rest. Now thats mental grinding.

But it wont be long till gw2 is full of the grind. The MMO market in the last 10 years has brought subscriptions, micro transactions, DLC, and private gold selling and account hacking to the forfront of MMOs. Gameplay wise, its still the grind, they neve want to change grinding because thats what makes them money (even GW2 uses grinding to make money)

Posted by: Justice.3608

Justice.3608

“Crit Damage – stat ratios compared to other stats are all over the place. You get way more crit dmg from your trinkets than from other pieces of gear so it is more efficient to stack crit dmg for them. By adding this new stat, we are able to normalize critical damage with other stats”

I understand that overall Zerker stats will be decreased by 10%. But in terms of trinkets specifically, are they going to take an even bigger hit than armour and weapon pieces?

Cause right now I’m using a combination of Soldier’s/Knight’s armour pieces and all Zerker trinkets. But if Zeker trinkets take a bigger nerf, I may have to go Zerker/Knights armour and Soldiers trinkets or something like that.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

It reeks of a lazy fix riddled with incompetence for a problem that didn’t exist.

Well there was a problem and that was forum whiners thinking they were owed something for nothing.

Instead of making groups with like minded individuals they decide that the only solution to their problem was to whine on the forums that others are doing things better than they are because of the play style they chose to adapt. And then after that they decide to join pug groups.

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Have any of you watched the live stream? you can watch it now. Berserker gear is still going to be BiS for raw damage. The only thing that is going to happen is that it may take longer to kill something, The reduction may not even be noticeable for some content.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

IT’s a 10% reduction in crit damage in pve and wvw only. A 30k crit will do 27k damage. There isn’t an issue here. This isn’t a nerf, it’s a, “toning down of”. It’s a rebalance. A nerf would be like lowering crit chance/crit damage by like 25% or more across the board. This is a first step in bringing things other than berserker gear into the mix. I am so tired of people commenting on things without taking the actual time to read/watch/disseminate properly. If you are a warrior zerker and are leaving because your crits are going to do 10% less damage, I question how invested you were in this game in the first place.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Out of curiosity, if you were given a stat-swap on your gear, what would people be changing TO? Berserker is still the pinnacle of Power-based damage.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I think some people would change from Assassin to Berserker.

Nike.2631

So you’re thinking all the Crit Damage-to-Ferocity gear needs a swap?

Posted by: Avala.9675

Avala.9675

And celestial gear

Nike.2631

Celestial is included by default in the phrase “Crit Damage-to-Ferocity gear” .

Posted by: The Lost Witch.7601

The Lost Witch.7601

Depending on what they do with ferocity, that would be nice.

Since they’re probably moving a lot of the critical damage from trinkets to ferocity on other gear, my combinations may get pretty messed up. (I tend to prefer critical damage on trinkets for obvious reasons)

And the celestial users may now lose another benefit (after ’’losing" magic find). Which could turn out to be especially bad for players that only use celestial trinkets.

I personally wouldn’t rage over it if we didn’t get the chance to swap. But I would like to have the opportunity. (Then again, I wouldn’t say no to a free legendary for everyone either, that doesn’t mean that it is a good idea.)

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

If you run through the math the only pieces of (critical damage) gear seeing a nerf are the trinkets; armor and weapons are more or less unaffected.

So there is an argument (albeit not a great one) for re-rolling your trinkets.

Most people arguing for a re-roll are not asking to re-roll their trinkets, however; they want to re-roll other pieces of gear, like their armor and weapons. That gear, however, is not going to be changed in any meaningful way.

So it would end up being an option to re-roll your gear simply because a balance patch that changed other aspects of the class, or other pieces of gear, shifted things to create a new optimal point. That seems like a really bad precedent.

If they are going to allow a re-roll of gear because other pieces of gear changed, they can’t just limit it to critical damage gear – they need to allow a re-roll of all gear.

Posted by: Avala.9675

Avala.9675

Celestial is included by default in the phrase “Crit Damage-to-Ferocity gear” .

Doh im not sure what i was thinking

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Yes, critical damage trinkets are going to take a bigger hit. A much bigger hit.

In fact, when you run the numbers based on what has been said, critical damage trinkets are going to take more or less the entire hit.

Weapons and armor aren’t going to move much at all. Trinkets are going to lose 2-3% critical damage each.

Justice.3608

Man, that’s what I’m afraid of the most. That the trinkets take the larger hit.

Looks like I’ll have to re-do my entire armour sets for both my Mesmer and Warrior, and sadly ANet profits even more from this cause we need Transmutation stones and those de-slotters from the effing cashshop,

Nike.2631

What exactly are you doing with transmutation stones on trinkets…?

Justice.3608

Sigh reading comprehension…..

With zerker trinkets getting a larger nerf, it makes a lot more sense to use non-zerker trinkets, i.e. soldiers. As a result, if you still want crit dmg, you have to now swap in zerker armour pieces. Hence, if you want to keep your look you need transmutation stones and if you don’t want to lose your AR you need the de-slotter. Therefore, ANet gains more cashshop sales from nerfing, at the risk of losing more players.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Not that I am looking forward to ESO … it was the devs that turned their backs on RvR in DAoC and gave us things like Trials of Atlantis. I am holding out for Camelot Unchained, personally. CU is a PvP/RvR focused game where ESO is basically a PvE game with RvR thrown in.

Not really, the RvRvR is the central PvP part of the game. Its central to their vision that players move from the PvE side of the game into the RvR as the elder game.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

With zerker trinkets getting a larger nerf, it makes a lot more sense to use non-zerker trinkets, i.e. soldiers. As a result, if you still want crit dmg, you have to now swap in zerker armour pieces. Hence, if you want to keep your look you need transmutation stones and if you don’t want to lose your AR you need the de-slotter. Therefore, ANet gains more cashshop sales from nerfing, at the risk of losing more players.

wut?
if both armor and trinkets have an equal ratio of other stats to crit damage, it doesn’t matter, where the crit damage comes from.
If you are worried about not dealing enough damage, transmute that tanky chest piece to zerk.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

Do you not want to wait for the patch to go live first? You’re basically seeing a leaky pipe on a boat and screaming it’s sinking.

Justice.3608

Do you not want to wait for the patch to go live first? You’re basically seeing a leaky pipe on a boat and screaming it’s sinking.

By the time the patch goes live, it’s far too late. It will take months if not years for the change to revert. Your line of thinking is also one of the reasons why we don’t have an expansion and is still continuing the absolutely terrible Scarlet living stories, cause people like you rather wait and see, than voice their opinions.

Darkobra.6439

By the time the patch goes live, it’s far too late. It will take months if not years for the change to revert. Your line of thinking is also one of the reasons why we don’t have an expansion and is still continuing the absolutely terrible Scarlet living stories, cause people like you rather wait and see, than voice their opinions.

I did voice my opinion. You’re completely over-exaggerating with NONE of the facts. Back this up with evidence. Statistical evidence. Show me workings of how much damage is less and how it can no longer work. Also, show me the correlation between berserker gear and living story or stop using sensationalism.

Also, do you not know how software and databases work? Months if not years to revert a patch? Are you new to MMOs? That is hilarious.

Nike.2631

When their pvP Lead Dev chortled during an interview about how he’d gotten a whole section of PvE quests/content moved into the PvP realms just so PvPers would have people to gank, I was certain I wasn’t going to be playing that game. Ever.

Combine that with a max party size of 4 and a mouse-moves-the-whole-screen interface and there was exactly NOTHING for me to be had there.

Posted by: Ozoug.4158

Ozoug.4158

Is zerker gear overpowered in WvW? Why is it getting nerfed there?

GW2: A-E-I-O-U and sometimes Yzoug.
DaoC: R11 Skald

Posted by: Synd.7982

Synd.7982

Is zerker gear overpowered in WvW? Why is it getting nerfed there?

Because A-net looks at wvw and pve as the same thing.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i dunno about WvW zerging but i do know what the problem is with PvE zerging, it’s the source of wiping out everything that is fun about PvE.

let’s make some thing clear.
1.) a playstyle you enjoy doesn’t always have to be the better one, what you enjoy is not always what others enjoy.
2.) a playstyle must never ever take priority above other playstyles, if it interferes with 2 or more playstyles it needs to ether stop or change/be fixed.

for now, zergs are a higher priority and interferes with other playstyles, if an RP player, casual player or full solo player meets a zerg it becomes impossible to play without interferences.

the only fix i can think of that benefits both sides is this:
(beginner is lvl 1-10, low is lvl 11-39, mid is lvl 40-65, high is lvl 66-79 and max lvl is 80)

• champions in beginner/low level area’s only give full rewards when 10 or less players are participating
  • champions in beginner/low level area’s will lower the karma/XP/coin reward on 11 players or more
  • players who kill a champion at least 10 levels lower them their original level has a reduced chance on good drops, champions of at least 20 levels lower only drop common and uncommon rewards and don’t earn any coin/karma.
  • champions in mid level area’s and higher give out their normal rewards, no limit on players participating.
  • max level champions or higher give out a bonus on rewards, the bonus will increase when 5 or more players participate and adds 2% more karma/coin per player.
  • reporting a player for no good found reason will receive a strike, 3 strikes will ban you for 1 week, after this week you only get 2 strikes till you get banned for a longer time. (i did this so ppl don’t report ppl just because they don’t get their way, report responsibly or don’t report at all.

i know this looks all quite harsh but we need harsh ways to deal with this problem, anything less would never solve anything.

Ozoug.4158

PvE is different from WvW. They shouldn’t be nerfed the same. My staff ele can only beat huners and necros 1-1, now my damage is getting nerfed? Because people use it in PvE? It’s absolutely ridiculous.

My WvW build is getting nerfed because A-net has made a PvE game that is all about DPS. There is no reason to do control. There is no reason to heal. If you made a reason to control, and a reason to heal, you would have a trinity, and people don’t want that, so you’re stuck with just doing DPS. Guess which weapon set is best for DPS?

Ok so now they’re nerfing zerker, because everyone in PvE uses it. What is going to change? People are just going to do the exact same content, the exact same way, but with whatever gear is the new best ( it may still be zerker )

This nerf helps nothing, and kittens over a lot of people.

A-net devs are stupid as kitten

Ozoug.4158

Zerker gear is used not because it has better stats than any other set. It’s used because it’s all that is needed in A-nets crappy mindless, no skill, PvE game.

(edited by Ozoug.4158)

Ozoug.4158

Fix the content not the gear.

This nerf changes nothing

morrolan.9608

When their pvP Lead Dev chortled during an interview about how he’d gotten a whole section of PvE quests/content moved into the PvP realms just so PvPers would have people to gank, I was certain I wasn’t going to be playing that game. Ever.

Got a link for that?

Combine that with a max party size of 4 and a mouse-moves-the-whole-screen interface and there was exactly NOTHING for me to be had there.

That would be for instanced dungeons, it will have raid type groups of up to 24 I understand. Not sure how and when they can be created however.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

There are a lot of upset zerker players right now. Not for the obvious nerf reason though.

I don’t think the upset stems from their gear being nerfed, but rather because anet have failed to acknowledge at least a little that the dominance of damage in pve scenarios is a result of the core game mechanics and poor pve encounters.

The change was seen as an easy fix to appease people, an easy way out, a band-aid to temporarily hide the problem. This is why people are upset – it is extremely disappointing to see this approach taken rather than an objective look at why things are the way they are. It shows a severe lack ov acknowledgement & discussion on it from anet. It is almost like a statement saying that they are happy with the state of pve, it just needs to go a little slower. And for those of us yearning for diversity and interesting/challenging fights, that is disappointing. With things the way they are, it won’t matter what is increased or decreased in damage – whatever does the most will be the preferred setup.

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

Zerker gear is used not because it has better stats than any other set. It’s used because it’s all that is needed in A-nets crappy mindless, no skill, PvE game.

Qft

Fix the mechanics, not the tools.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

Qft

Enlighten me if I understood it wrong, but didn’t they say they know that this is not the complete solution to the dominance of Berserker gear in PvE and that further changes are coming down the road?
Adding an additional indirection (ferocity → critical damage) might help to balance it out better, as there is more room for fine adjustments. Furthermore I like to play through stuff before judging it. There is still enough time for criticism afterwards.

Posted by: Arctisavange.7260

Arctisavange.7260

By buff i mean add little bit extra HP.

Posted by: HykCraft.4610

HykCraft.4610

How about max out your traits for HP and then gear out your character for +Vitality

Sorrow’s Furnace US

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Guardians are getting hit harder. Berserker nerf + Vigor nerf (dodging and dodge roll heals being a large part of the reason that they have low health) + Celestial nerf (Celestial being one of their new popular WvW sets).

Posted by: JoaoFA.8475

JoaoFA.8475

Nerf to berserker’s is not the solution. It is lazy and it won’t solve the current problems in an effective way. They need to change how toughness works, so all gears/specs don’t need to have the same behaviour (ex: one shot bosses), they need to change how regen works (stackable), they need to change buff and cond removal ranges (increase them so you don’t need to stack), they need to change enemy AI (to avoid corner stacking). They need to fix skipable content, so you might be able to skip some mobs, but not all (example some mobs have a high agro range and don’t disengage in dungeons, others can be avoided if you play smart). They need to fix things like fiery sword doing a TON of damage, much much more than any other skill. They should also address how conditions work.

(edited by JoaoFA.8475)

Justice.3608

^ How naive you are.

Tuesday will be a sad day for my Mesmer, or whenever that balance patch goes live >:(

Justice.3608

Memsers are getting nerfed the hardest. Two key traits heavily nerfed to the ground.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Enlighten me if I understood it wrong, but didn’t they say they know that this is not the complete solution to the dominance of Berserker gear in PvE and that further changes are coming down the road?

Much like precursor scavenger hunt promised over a year ago….I’ll believe it when I see it, the track record for delivering in a timely fashion isn’t particularly high and has a high habit of changing direction entirely.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

So what will happen to celestial gear?

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Qft

Adding an additional indirection (ferocity -> critical damage) might help to balance it out better, as there is more room for fine adjustments. Furthermore I like to play through stuff before judging it. There is still enough time for criticism afterwards.

The problem is that Anet hasn’t stated anywhere that they understand what the real problem is and they’ve demonstrated the same thing in the past multiple times.

Also the fact that they admitted it wouldn’t really change anything…why are thy making this change if they know it won’t do anything but kitten a lot of people off?

The only answer to that question is to appease complainers on the forums.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

morrolan.9608

The change was seen as an easy fix to appease people, an easy way out, a band-aid to temporarily hide the problem. This is why people are upset – it is extremely disappointing to see this approach taken rather than an objective look at why things are the way they are. It shows a severe lack ov acknowledgement & discussion on it from anet. It is almost like a statement saying that they are happy with the state of pve, it just needs to go a little slower. And for those of us yearning for diversity and interesting/challenging fights, that is disappointing. With things the way they are, it won’t matter what is increased or decreased in damage – whatever does the most will be the preferred setup.

I agree but I don’t see why anyones surprised anet takes the easy way out all the time.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Part of the issue I think is that Arena.net seems to like to make fixes to their games piecemeal… one adjustment here… followed by another a month later… then another a month after that…

How about you put together the whole thing, and give us the fix all at once?

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

I very much would like a response on the celestial issue. I don’t feel like playing until i’m sure the hundreds of hours i’ve put into gearing my build aren’t going to destroyed.

Darkobra.6439

*For your wiki mesmer.