Zhaitan compared to Tequatl

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JandNTeam.7630

JandNTeam.7630

I think it is quite funny in Arah Story killing Zhaitan is just a flick of a finger, all you have to do is blast the hell out of him with a MEGA-LIT cannon which only takes 5 people, but if it we’re up to 5 people to kill Tequatl we would be praying to the 6 for dear life.. I just find that funny. It is funny how ANET calls Tequatl small when to us he is a behemoth of a monster, although Tequatl is small in comparison to Zhaitan.

Main: TheThomasred(Human Ranger)
Guild: [XCAL]Twilight of Avalon
My theory to speed up teq

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Happy Ending written on the floor in rainy day.
I have an idea for making Zhaitan a world boss which spawn once a week with good battle system, but I’m sure Anet isn’t interested in reconstructing something that’s already dead.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

JandNTeam.7630

I have an idea for making Zhaitan a world boss which spawn once a week with good battle system, but I’m sure Anet isn’t interested in reconstructing something that’s already dead.

He is risen so he come back to life again. (jk) it would be on hell of a mess to fight him again, defiantly on world boss scale.

Tao.5096

My idea was for 300+ man raid.
But like I said, I’m kind of sure that they’re not interested in making this happen since Zhatian’s case is closed xD

JandNTeam.7630

Yup. Who has time to completely get murdered like this Quaggan did.

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

Lore-wise Zhaitan is still the monster and Tequatl is still exactly what he was on release.

Practically speaking, Arah story mode was a joke of an instance that felt thrown together in 5 minutes. I played it today coincidentally to unlock the track for collections and encounter numerous issues. I fell through the deck after being pulled and actually got stuck in the metal floor (had to wp). I also got stuck several times on the turrets saying “You cannot drop a bundle while falling” which kept me on them permanently until I was downed. The concept, as much in this game, was cool but incredibly poorly executed and mired with bugs.

Tequatl received a biweekly updated almost entirely devoted to him. That means at some point an entire team was working on a single event, giving it careful attention, resulting in a now respectable 150 man raid event.

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

JandNTeam.7630

I would be funny to put teq in a dungeon, and watch people fight him.. yea that would go well..

JandNTeam.7630

five people vs one dragon yea..

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Zhaitan is the most realistic dragon fight imo. Zhaitan is critically crippled by the Pact cannon, gets stranded on the pillar and unable to fly. Zhaitan is actually weak to begin with, relying instead on its army of the dead as its strength. From the player’s perspective, sure, it was anti-climatic – the Pact basically 1 shot it. Zhaitan was basically in the downed state and barely able to throw rocks at a target that was just out of range. Surely if the Pact Airhship was foolish enough to get close, or Zhaitan dodged, the fight would have turned out quite differently.

The other dragon’s though, Tequatl could just roll over and kill all the terrible players. Just look at how many die to a little splashing.

Tao.5096

you’re fighting one in story mode….alone.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

He is risen so he come back to life again. (jk) it would be on hell of a mess to fight him again, defiantly on world boss scale.

I don’t know about you but I never saw the body :P
So bring it on ANet!

Well technically you were fighting with the proto-Pack and the Claw Island soldiers… lore wise at least.

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

To be fair, it was 5 people, plus Destiny’s Edge, the combined forces of the three orders, NPC allies, and every other npc that worked on building those airships and guns to take the behemoth down. After we lost countless men and women to the front lines of wave after wave of undead.

Tequatl? Pffft, stick a big laser on the beach and ask a group of adventurers to help. And drink bobblehead potions while you’re at it!

Tao.5096

I don’t know about you but I never saw the body :P
So bring it on ANet!

Well technically you were fighting with the proto-Pack and the Claw Island soldiers… lore wise at least.

I did say it many times on forums that Zhaitan doesn’t look as if he’s dying. He just falls down from tower and what happens next? Well, did anyone bother to even check down what happened to him?
Mystery~

Also, when you’re retaking Claw Island you’re fighting alone Risen dragon like Tequatl The Sunless.
And his name is Brightghast the Plaguebringer.

What’s more funny, out of 3 Dragon World bosses only The Shatterer looks like he’s dying because he’s exploding and shattering in the sky while trying to flee.

Tequatl The Sunless falls back to sea and looks like swimming away while losing bit of his tail.
Claw of Jormag looks like he’s falling to sea and yet there is no remain of his body after defeat.

There are loads of other stuff that only stretch their hands and ask for additional story to make it follow.

Since Anet is now working on Raid system, I hope they’ll finish stuff of the past or at least think about adding them in the future as an unexpected event.

But like I said, I have an idea for Zhaitan’s final battle which would end as it’s death or send to slumber.
But I kind of dunno if there is a point of wasting time on writing it down since Anet doesn’t even show a cent of care regarding that specific content.

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

Fun fact: Claw of Jormag can be seen underwater when he dies,and it is pretty creepy…

It is a glitch afaik,but his body is there…

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

The Zhaitan fight was rushed. The devs have already admitted this and further proof is in the dungeon as it has an inaccessible area that certainly looks like it would stage a better fight.

I also have to repeat what Healix said. You spend much of the last two arcs weakening Zhaitan. By the time you face him, he’s been starved, poisoned, crippled and driven into a corner. You’re also not alone as you have the full force of the Pact with you along with a fleet of airships, Destiny’s Edge and just about every hero npc you ran into during your personal story. Even with all that, the Pact sustained heavy loses before they even made it to Arah. At launch, one of the biggest complaints about the personal story was npcs died way too often. This happened sometimes within the same mission that we meet them so it was nigh impossible to care when they get cut down.

For contrast, we face Tequatl at his full strength with a handful of Vigil soldiers, a megalaser, a few hylek clans and one crazy quaggan. Considering the Vigil is just 1/3 of the Pact, we don’t have anywhere near the numbers that was going up against Zhaitan.

If that doesn’t give you a proper scope of how different the battles were, remember that champions just like Tequatl were flying around, taking out airships. I know there’s at least more than 3 because I targeted them and noticed that they have individual names. I also noted that Tequatl wasn’t among them.