Zhaitan vs Mordy clue?

Zhaitan vs Mordy clue?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kitabake.8291

Kitabake.8291

Picture in attachment.
I think Lich was talking to Trehern about Sylvari rising against Pact and friends.
We could say that he was talking about “corpses” generally but the whole talk was between Treh and Lich – lich was not talking to me (at least i felt like it).
What do you think about it people? Any other hints about Sylvari vs Zhaitan conflict?
It’s just a theory.

Attachments:

Zhaitan vs Mordy clue?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The armies of Zhaitan are literally risen corpses. So, if you aren’t a sylvari and are killed by Risen, you’re going to become one of the Risen. So, that line of text is most likely just saying “Hey, you’ll fight us, die, become one of us, and then fight against your friends.” Trying to find a connection to Mordremoth is a bit of a reach.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Zhaitan vs Mordy clue?

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

He was actually talking about killing your current allies like in that personal story and then raising them as undead to fight against you as that’s Zhaitans power. Got to realize this personal story business happened ages ago long before Mordy was even conceptualized into this game.

Säïnt

Zhaitan vs Mordy clue?

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Well, Trahearne says something along the lines of “i was born to destroy your kind” to Zhaitan’s minions at some point. Even if he does not know he was meant to be a servant of Mordremoth – and probably the writers did not know either – this sounds cool.

Zhaitan vs Mordy clue?

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

The writers did know about Mordremoth at the time, but he certainly wasn’t relevant to that. Zhaitan, moreso than any other dragon, turns allies against each other. The reason it was so deadly when Mordremoth did it is because it was unexpected.

Zhaitan vs Mordy clue?

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Answer : No.

The Lich was referring to the non-sylvari NPCs as well as the player if they weren’t one themselves either.

Also, considering Trahearne’s Wyld Hunt (along with the majority of his life) involved cleansing Orr , that would have to involve fighting the Risen.

“I was born to undo your master’s evil work. If that means killing you, then so be it.”

While Mordremoth is implied to use corpses for some of its minions (the wolves being most likely), we haven’t seen it doing this with anyone killed by the Mordrem or the dragon’s tendrils. In addition, it has already been stated that its ability to influence living beings (especially the Sylvari) is among the deadliest of its powers.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/points-of-interest-episode-18-summary/

Zhaitan vs Mordy clue?

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Plants vs Zombies?

Zhaitan vs Mordy clue?

Posted by: Kitabake.8291

Kitabake.8291

Well, Trahearne says something along the lines of “i was born to destroy your kind” to Zhaitan’s minions at some point. Even if he does not know he was meant to be a servant of Mordremoth – and probably the writers did not know either – this sounds cool.

I loved that line too :p

Zhaitan vs Mordy clue?

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Trahearne’s Wyldhunt was specifically to tackle the undead forces of Zhaitan…..it just took him forever to accept the fact that he had to be leader to accomplish this. At that point in the story, he is a Necromancer and the foremost authority outside the priory on Zhaitan and his undead minions. The line specifically is in relation to his pursuit to end the undead threat, which he’s had pursued for the majority of his life. I doubt it had any double meaning; but its context was clear at the time by what he meant.