Zodiac Skins

Zodiac Skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Steele.2784

Steele.2784

I thought the whole point of having a second installment of a game was that the second game was supposed to be better than the first… do they have monkeys making skins or what?

Attachments:

(edited by Steele.2784)

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: Machspeedtwo.1342

Machspeedtwo.1342

I fail to see the issue. The two versions differ in color and quality, with one being the clear winner. I think you need to take off the nostalgia goggles and look at the gw2 versions objectively; they’re gorgeous.

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

The new version of that shield blows that EQ looking one out of the water. I have my settings maxed with sweetfx and that new shield looks great.

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

All I know is that the dagger is beautiful, regardless.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

The staff, scepter, sword, shield, dagger, greatsword, focus, and “warhorn” are the good looking ones.

Staff & scepter – In GW1 (and I have them both), their heads look distorted/twisted and it was hard to make out what they were suppose to be. In GW2, it made more sense as to why they were made like that (horns/ears with a middle, flow-up ribbon headband).

Sword & shield – Closest replicas of GW1, minus the blue colorations.

Dagger – Cute way of adding the rat and somewhat similar to its GW1 design.

Greatsword – New design since GW1 never had one. I like the double-snake look.

Focus – Again, new design and I think it’s cute and creative how the monkey and the gems were positioned.

Warhorn – This one gets mentioned because it is the funniest and I can’t help laughing just thinking about blowing your….“rooster”. XD

I’m contemplating on the staff, greatsword, or focus for my mesmer.

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Sadly, the Guild Wars 1 versions are way superior.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Zodiac Skins

Steele.2784

I agree thank god someone has a working brain!

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

I agree. The new ones are too tacky – monkey-shaped weapons and cook-shaped weapons are simply too juvenile. The original weren’t as detailed, but they had a simple elegance that the current design lacks.

The OP actually posted the two better skins – the only ones that don’t show an animal from the Chinese Xodiac – but even then the GW1 skins had a better design.

Well, at least I don’t have any reason to help people who support RNG boxes now.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

the new ones look way better

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

Seems to me like a preference issue. Just another example of people assuming because they don’t like something, there must be something wrong with it.

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I agree to some extent. I like the new ones but I do agree the older ones are better. Should have been kept a little more true to the original – not so much “more blue and glassy.”

I’m more interested in how you got that GW2 shirt……

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: Kyratic.7038

Kyratic.7038

I have to agree with the original post, the GW1 zodiac weapons were better, even though they are lower graphics and less particle effects.
Sure it’s just my opinion, but if I had to decide now which to buy I’d probably choose the older weapons.

they are more ‘gritty’ and less cartoony

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

The old ones coloring are better. The new skins are nice, but with the old colors they would be better. imo the light blue color makes no sense for constellations..

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I thought the whole point of having a second installment of a game was that the second game was supposed to be better than the first… do they have monkeys making skins or what?

I think it’s simply a matter of volume. They’re releasing Living Story content at such a breakneck pace to ensure players keep logging in. They want players logging in so they’ll spend money in the Gem Shop. The most lucrative items they sell in the Gem Shop are the rng weapon skins (there’s a bit of presumption on my part on this one). And so they’re releasing weapon skins and Living Story content at a very fast clip; and quality if bound to suffer when turnaround on new content is so quick.

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Yeah I like the old ones better as well, but it looks like in your GW2 your settings are pretty low, or did you scale the picture up?

Zodiac Skins

Steele.2784

Yeah I like the old ones better as well, but it looks like in your GW2 your settings are pretty low, or did you scale the picture up?

I just found the images online from the guild wars wiki and the gw1 images from the old auction page lol

Zodiac Skins

Steele.2784

Lets not forget guys GW1 also had the option to dye weapons so you could change those gem colors to whatever you wanted!

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

The old ones have better contrast.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Let me dye my Zodiac weapons dark blue —> everybody wins.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Beauty is on the eye of the beer holder..

Personally I do like the old colors better for the sword (thouhg ideally I’d like them with a darker shade of the new color instead), but the new shield looks a LOT better IMHO.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

I’d be happy if they just fixed the bug that was causing the sword skin to be the only one that’s account bound. Figures that the only one I’d have any interest in buying is bugged.

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Looks like the old shield has more lightning effects. Instantly winner…

Seriously, i like the GW2 version better, effects aint all

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

I like the GW2 better – especially in a dimly lit area – the contrasts really show up there nicely.

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: Unleashed.6195

Unleashed.6195

Hi, I just wanted to come and share my opinion so you could all realize that if you disagree you’re wrong.

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Hi, I just wanted to come and share my opinion so you could all realize that if you disagree you’re wrong.

You’re right.

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I’m pretty sure the people who don’t like the new ones aren’t a fan of light blue. That’s basically the main difference aside from the improved detail.

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

The new ones ARE better.

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I’ll take GW2 zodiac longbow over any GW1 zodiac weapon.

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

This just in: Different people have different tastes. More news at 9

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

Zodiac Skins

Posted by: Hawk.3574

Hawk.3574

I like the new skins but would also like to see the original styles come back also.