a JOKE in personal orr story

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Adrift.8596

Adrift.8596

So I have 4 characters at lvl 80 1 of them did priory mission save missing squad, 2 vigil with tanks which was like MEGA easy. So I thought to try out the last one on the last character.

AND IT IS HORRIBLE! Compared to the tank missions IT’S like 3 times harder, the CHAMP in the first mission is unkillable ( just lucky he didn’t regenerate health while I am always running to him after being killed). THEN comes the canon mission where somehow u get shot by giants rock in the ooze part too, because it is soo LOGICAL that giants can throw rock UNDER the den.

Ohh did i FORGOT that stupid NPC doesn’t fallow you to rez after u have to go and save ‘’ Windfall ’’ crew?

I mean i can do TANK part in 30 minutes and this NAVY is just imbalanced and BUGGED.

And the joke. I found this posted a year ago by devs still not fixed, but yeah it’s better to give NEW stuff every 2 weeks than actually fix the old one:

I know it’s frustrating, but it’s a bug at the end of the game for players on one of 3 different paths, so it really doesn’t affect enough players to be worth risking a hotfix. (And updating just one content file isn’t trivial, so essentially we’d be pushing a bunch of other stuff that hasn’t had time to be tested.).

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

The personal story is cool with various paths up until you join an order. After that they seem to have changed the writers

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

The personal story is cool with various paths up until you join an order. After that they seem to have changed the writers

There are good parts after that, just people dont really talk about them as much.

Sieran is my favorite character in the PS (And all of GW2). The paths for the priory and order are both pretty solid. Everyone I talk to about this says Tonn’s story is pretty good. The mission with that demon jester, the mirror, and the source of orr.

The story before the orders wasnt all great either if we look at it as a whole of all the story paths, and not just the ones you personally took. Some were boring, or bland, or out of character. Even on asura, who I view to have the best early PS steps taking all of them into consideration, they’re not all that good. Have you ever been a member of the college of dynamics?

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

So the OP tried to solo the storymode of Arah and failed?

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

So the OP tried to solo the storymode of Arah and failed?

No. Personal story.

Also I think I know what he is talking about. The Navy is the ship full of risen Krait?

Pain in the kitten!

Posted by: Adrift.8596

Adrift.8596

No i failed because of the bug in SHIPS of the LINE personal story quest. U get to pick:

destroy the navy
find missing squad
take tanks to heart of orr

After i pick navy, first mission is pain in the kitten because there is a spiderlord champion with tones of conditions cc minion spawn and mass health so he kinda kills you in 10 sec if u try to kite him. But i managed to do that quest because he didn’t regenerate HP(one of NPC kept him in combat) and in 5-6 tries i did it.

Then came one normal difficulty mission with 4 undead ships.

AND then came SHIPS IN THE LINE mission. Where u have to control guns to reflect and atack catapults, bone walls etc. and GIANTS hit u with their rock. Everything is cool till u have to go below the den to solve ooze problem. Then giants still somehow manages to throw rocks on you when u below the den (ships bottom floor).

SO i still did that part… and then came the BUG part. you have to save NPCs from the other ship which orrians crashed. So i go the green circle on map, res one NPC and can’t res any others. So i went google and checked that NPC which supposed to fallow me has to res them, but he just stood there chilling in poison cloud(which was thrown from one of ships) with full hp;D no matter what i did he still was there.

So i pressed R(not to get hit by poison and die) and went online for another clue or something and i FOUND devs message( i copy again) :

I know it’s frustrating, but it’s a bug at the end of the game for players on one of 3 different paths, so it really doesn’t affect enough players to be worth risking a hotfix. (And updating just one content file isn’t trivial, so essentially we’d be pushing a bunch of other stuff that hasn’t had time to be tested.)

So i open my game again and see that i swam out of border of instance, then rage quit, then write that post which i suppose u didn’t get.

Whats funny is that they say there wasn’t time to test it. Ohh come on 1 year isn’t enough? Anyway I am never picking that story line again. Not only TANK path is much easier, but it isn’t bugged…

Hope that clearifies

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I actually took this option on my guardian. Did not remember it being anything like what you wrote here. It was a strange thing when you swim out to the ship. I tried to rez all and they just died so I swam away from them and they all revived and joined me when I was almost to the shore. Don’t remember any slimes. The final fight after you get onto shore seemed to be just survive the ranged boss long enough to kill it.

No i failed because of the bug in SHIPS of the LINE personal story quest. U get to pick:

destroy the navy
find missing squad
take tanks to heart of orr

After i pick navy, first mission is pain in the kitten because there is a spiderlord champion with tones of conditions cc minion spawn and mass health so he kinda kills you in 10 sec if u try to kite him. But i managed to do that quest because he didn’t regenerate HP(one of NPC kept him in combat) and in 5-6 tries i did it.

Then came one normal difficulty mission with 4 undead ships.

AND then came SHIPS IN THE LINE mission. Where u have to control guns to reflect and atack catapults, bone walls etc. and GIANTS hit u with their rock. Everything is cool till u have to go below the den to solve ooze problem. Then giants still somehow manages to throw rocks on you when u below the den (ships bottom floor).

SO i still did that part… and then came the BUG part. you have to save NPCs from the other ship which orrians crashed. So i go the green circle on map, res one NPC and can’t res any others. So i went google and checked that NPC which supposed to fallow me has to res them, but he just stood there chilling in poison cloud(which was thrown from one of ships) with full hp;D no matter what i did he still was there.

So i pressed R(not to get hit by poison and die) and went online for another clue or something and i FOUND devs message( i copy again) :

I know it’s frustrating, but it’s a bug at the end of the game for players on one of 3 different paths, so it really doesn’t affect enough players to be worth risking a hotfix. (And updating just one content file isn’t trivial, so essentially we’d be pushing a bunch of other stuff that hasn’t had time to be tested.)

So i open my game again and see that i swam out of border of instance, then rage quit, then write that post which i suppose u didn’t get.

Whats funny is that they say there wasn’t time to test it. Ohh come on 1 year isn’t enough? Anyway I am never picking that story line again. Not only TANK path is much easier, but it isn’t bugged…

Hope that clearifies