ability to show all zone completion info?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Seeing ones a single character has missed is needed for world completion but it does not help zone completion which is from all characters. The map is useless for that when there are a bunch of things that have been done and are showing as todos on your own map. Please let us know what non-completed things on a map have actually been completed according to the game.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

I don’t understand what you’re asking. Are you asking about uncovering the fogged over areas on a map or are you asking about POIs, vista, waypoints, etc that haven’t been found on a character.

Zone completion is per character not from all characters. The only thing that all characters would contribute to are the Explorer achievements for uncovering areas on the map.

If you’re trying to set up your compass to point you to the nearest map completion item, go to your F11 Options menu and under User Interface for Content Guide, select “Hide Events and Personal Story”. This will cause your compass to point to the nearest non completed map completion item.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Oh, I thought this was going to be about bringing back the zone completion lists on the maps for WvW. I was going to say that I agree – this should never have been deleted and they should bring it back.

But since this thread isn’t about that, carry on.

Menadena.7482

What I am asking for is the ability to see what points anyone on my account has uncovered. Since zone completion is per-account rather than per-character solely knowing what one character has completed is not a big help to figuring out what needs to be completed.

I would have put ‘suggestion:’ at the start of the title but had to remove it for length restrictions.

Menadena.7482

Note that ‘zone’, ‘area’ and so on are messed up terms. Everyone uses them a different way and means a different thing.

I was thinking of it saying that I am missing 1 point in, oh, ascalon. However different characters have covered different areas in ascalonian maps. The one point is something in common among the places that have been missed but where?

So yes, a zone or area completion list (depending on your terms) would fit the bill.

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

Oh, I see, you’re asking to add a way to see if, for example:

-My guardian has a Vista or POI in Queensdale unlocked
-I want to see which one it is on my ranger through the use of X feature

I think this would be better served as an app or Overwolf add-on, or maybe a website for now, until they consider this addition.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, hovering the cursor over the World Map will show what each character has accomplished, as far as World Completion goes.

If this is only about the Explorer achievement, it does not matter which character has done what.

Thus, I am a bit confused about what is being requested here.

Menadena.7482

Well, hovering the cursor over the World Map will show what each character has accomplished, as far as World Completion goes.

If this is only about the Explorer achievement, it does not matter which character has done what.

Thus, I am a bit confused about what is being requested here.

Do you mean hovering over a name to get the same list as you would get by viewing the map? Not what I am talking about.

Say each of my characters has been to, oh, 2/3 of each of the ascalonian maps. Not the same 2/3rds either, although there is some overlap. For the ascalonian explorer achievement it then tells me I need 10 points. Ok, which ones? They are counting a total of what [bold]all characters[/bold] have done but I can only see [bold]one character’s[/bold] map at a time.

As was mentioned, a good way to implement this for now would be through a website. I would need to dig through the API docs to see if it is feasible, but unfortunately I do not have a lot of free time for the coding.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Whatever it is you are looking for, best of luck with it!

Posted by: nesh.7234

nesh.7234

Easy, do the 100% map on one character , missing / non required POI/Vistas/… will be shown on compass. Can’t see the reason to have it account wide (removing WWW was bad enough).

EU / Aurora Glade

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

From what I can tell, I think he is referring tot he named areas you need for the various map region explorations. i.e. not PoI/Vistas etc, but named areas; there is a different achievement for these separate to world completion and it is account wide not character. It would be useful as suggested but I still think the best way is to do world completion on one character, the rewards are better and it makes this objective easier too.

Posted by: Fogeltje.3091

Fogeltje.3091

I think he indeed refers to the Explorer achievements. Sadly there is no simple way to keep track of this.

As suggested before, the best way to accomplish this is do “regular” map completion to 100% (the PoI’s en Vista’s and such) and then check how many named areas are missing per region (Ascalon, Kryta, Shiverpeaks, Orr, Maguuma).

There are a couple of ones that frequently missed by players since they are off the beaten track:
Maguuma, Brisban Wildlands: Aurora’s Remains. Easily missed because there are no things for map completion and you can easily overlook the entrance into the area. There is an event there, but it won’t show up unless you are in the area itself, so easily missed area.
Shiverpeaks, Lornar’s Pass: Griffonrook Run. Easily missed because the entrance is hidden underwater and no events here.
Maguuma, Mount Maelstrom: Dierdre’s Steps. Easily missed because it needs to be visited through a portal which spawns after defeating certain Veterans on the map.
Maguuma, Metrica Province: Calx’s Hideout. Easily missed as you can only enter it as part of an event that is part of a chain near Parnna’s Gate.
Kryta, Harathi Hinterlands: there are some caves at the very east of the map you might miss as there are no PoI’s there. There is an event chain but it won’t show up unless are virtually in the caves.

Again, do map completion, take note of the ones easily missed summed up. If you are still missing, ask around in map chat in cities if people have any ideas of other areas that are easily missed and consult the maps on wiki. You can see which regions still have undiscovered area’s, make a list from wiki from all area’s, then check all your characters if one has visited it or not.

“Great horns of the north wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.”

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Do world completion first. Any areas you are missing for explorer completion will be pointed out on that character if you zone into every zone. The missing area will be dintinguished by a little explorer man who looks like he is hiking.

This is much easier to do than previously. Before you had to do world completion then zone into every zone and compare the map’s named areas to the wiki maps. That was a huge pain. I’m sure there is a thread somewhere too about the most commonly missed areas. It usually is a jumping puzzle area that you are missing.