about level cap

about level cap

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Hi,
is there something stated by ANET about future level cap increase?
thanks.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

about level cap

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

nope not yet.. thats not to say it wont increase, but i think it unlikely also.

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

about level cap

Posted by: oli.4786

oli.4786

“Q: What of the level cap? Have you guys decided whether you’re going to be increasing the level cap in future expansions?

Colin Johanson: Yeah. The level cap will be 80 on the initial release of the game, and we absolutely would increase it further into the game, probably through expansions is the most likely place we would do that."

about level cap

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

Apparently Colin Johanson is quoted as saying

“Yeah. The level cap will be 80 on the initial release of the game, and we absolutely would increase it further into the game, probably through expansions is the most likely place we would do that.”

But I can’t seem to find the source.

about level cap

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I don’t see what that should be good for, there are other ways to add challenges and progression (I even feel bad for using that word) if needed. Increasing the level cap is considered bad gamedesign by many people for a reason.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

about level cap

Posted by: oli.4786

oli.4786

Increasing level cap is just another power creep really is it not? I mean…if suddenly over night ALL of your current gear is 5 or 10 levels below max then it’s pretty much worthless. You would have to earn all new max level exotics/ascended gear and transmute your hard earned skins back onto those.

about level cap

Posted by: Michael.6849

Michael.6849

I’d love to see Cantha or Elona again, but would I like to gain 10 more levels there ? No, I wouldn’t, if you really have this desperate need to see numbers get bigger, you could always monitor your electricity consumption in real time

about level cap

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

The day the cap increases is the day I leave this game. There’s nothing I fear more than a level cap increase for GW2 as far as hobbies go. I love cycling and the Armstrong scandal was devastating for my favourite sport, yet it’d pale in comparison to a move destroying my favourite videogame.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

about level cap

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

“Q: What of the level cap? Have you guys decided whether you’re going to be increasing the level cap in future expansions?

Colin Johanson: Yeah. The level cap will be 80 on the initial release of the game, and we absolutely would increase it further into the game, probably through expansions is the most likely place we would do that."

Can you please link the source?
thank you

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

about level cap

Posted by: RoChan.1926

RoChan.1926

Can you please link the source?
thank you

http://youtu.be/DLHfq2lJY5A?t=58m34s

Also confirming it: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/19873-level-cap-increase-in-expansions/

Optee Kaal Allusion | The Evil Empire
[TRY][POV]
“Kitten the yaks, so persistent about everything.” -Ebay

about level cap

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I don’t see a problem with it. I love gaining levels as long as its as easy as it is now. Why should we complain when its 1-2 years from now. I get bored if there is no more level gains. The skill point gaining thing after lv 80 (and 20 in gw 1) is what makes me happy about GW series. I still can gain a “level” for all my kills. I won’t mind even if there is a new cap to 90 or 1000, I will still play because it makes what I do worth something, by killing bad things in the world that I’m in, mean something. This is why I stop playing most normal RPGs. You hit your level cap and you gain 0 exp in random battles, There is no other use for exp. A lot of other older mmos do this too and I stop playing. What to level again? Go reroll!

So I do want this, but when the time is logically right When Cantha or the next dragon is here.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.