"account unlock" for vistas & goggles?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

Q:

In a post last night Mark Katzback made with the bug fixes he includes the following statements:

Diving goggles now unlock on an account-wide basis rather than a per-character basis.

AND

Fixed a bug that prevented some accounts from having vistas now unlock on an account-wide basis rather than a per-character basis

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-September-9-2014 (Presently the final post on that topic)

What does it mean that diving goggles and vistas “unlock on an account-wide basis”?

If I have achieved (and I have) full map completion on one character in my account, does that mean that all the others will/should now have the vistas automatically now show as having been viewed on my other characters that have not finished map completion?

With the diving goggles, like so many others I have been stuck at 37/38 for almost 2 years. Does this in anyway impact those of us who have this problem? I have re-run through using alternate characters for some trying to resolve this. Does this mean that I needed to use one alternate character all the way through in order to be able to get 38/38, but now no longer need to?

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

A:

No this is an improvement to the NPE.

Since the Sept feature patch if you started a new character you could not interact with diving goggles, skill points or vistas until level 15. If you tried to do so before that level it would not trigger or unlock.

This change makes it so that if you already have a character over level 15 and you create a new character those things are already unlocked and you can use them from level 1.

Posted by: theguildless.1386

theguildless.1386

I am not 100% certain, but I believe it means:

- The diving goggles should not require you to have to run through with different characters. Everything you do on different characters will advance the account-wide track. See poster above.
- The vista unlock concerns the NPE, where new players don’t see the vistas on their map right away. Once a player reaches the appropriate level to see them, all new character he or she creates should now be able to see them from level 1.

I have heard of many people being stuck at 37 too. It might have something to do with the bug listed on the wiki:

Sometimes, your character won’t go back to their normal outfit after a dive. This won’t contribute towards the achievement and can be almost impossible to resolve

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Diving_goggles

Always question your assumptions.
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

thanks for the answers. I am aware of the bug and have also posted in the bugged sub-forum about one set of goggles that seem to be bugged.

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM