afk farming everywhere

afk farming everywhere

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

Will A-Net finally do something about all these minion master Necromancers and trap Rangers standing around in Bitterfrost Frontier?
Having to report all these players disturbs my daily run for Winterberries.

afk farming everywhere

Posted by: darkangelseductions.3084

darkangelseductions.3084

I have seen this a lot too. It is annoying as kitten!

Bella Valkari
[MUSA] – [CAIN]
Jade Quarry

afk farming everywhere

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

There’s a spot in Malchor’s Leap as well. I report a bunch of them every time I pass by there.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

afk farming everywhere

Posted by: alcarver.5403

alcarver.5403

Sincerely, I don’t understand all that hate for Bitterfrost Frontiers AFKs. I mean, I understand the AFK problem (although, I’m pretty sure the “rewards” for AFKing are not as much as we think they might be), but I, personally, like the Bitterfrost AFKers.

They HELP me on my daily run when they kill the annoying spiders. It’s not a big help (I wish they would kill or help killing those big annoying mobs that frost me every 2 minutes).

You know what I wish I could report and can’t?

People who see that you’re fighting alone with a group of griffons, take the opportunity of their distraction to gather without helping and just run away letting you die a horrible death. Probably while they run away, they’re thinking something like: “Ugh, having to help other players disturbs my daily run for Winterberries”.

afk farming everywhere

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

They HELP me on my daily run when they kill the annoying spiders. It’s not a big help (I wish they would kill or help killing those big annoying mobs that frost me every 2 minutes).

Weirdly, THIS might be why they take action, if they do…

afk farming everywhere

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

If it disturbs your run, skip the reporting and just enjoy the game. AFKers aren’t exactly breaking the bank with their little scheme. If I stopped to call the police for every driver I saw going 5 mph over the speed limit, it would greatly disturb my driving. So I wouldn’t do it. Let ANET/others handle the AFKers.

afk farming everywhere

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Are you at least checking first? Are you whispering and waiting 5 minutes to see if the person is there or just went for a bio? I have a feeling people just mass spam the report button out of hate for anything not done “their way” in game. It’s pretty sad really. I play the game the way I want to play it and let others do the same. Unless you are actively trying to grieve another player, I don’t report them.

For any of the new currencies, I WvW and PvP for them. Reward Tracks are great!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

afk farming everywhere

alcarver.5403

Weirdly, THIS might be why they take action, if they do…

You bet they will take action against AFKers. As they have reminded us in another thread today:

I’ll pitch in on this thread, as there seems to be some confusion about this situation.

The auto-cast feature was never intended to be used as an AFK farming mechanism, and usage of the auto-cast feature while AFK is fine as long as it is not used to facilitate unattended gameplay.

Mastery auto-loot also stopping players from being flagged afk seems like a bug instead of a feature, and I’ll be sure to bring it up today while we have a chat about this internally.

1) Using skill (1 or more) while AFK
2) AFKing in a place where it is beneficial for your character to be at
3) Unresponsive to interaction with GMs

If all 3 of these apply to what you are doing, you may get actioned for it.

Even if some of us like or don’t care about the Bitterfrost Frontier AFKers, I’m sure they will have sanctions or will be unable to do this kind of activity in the future. As for the players who let you die miserably while gathering next to you? I just will wait for the real life karma to kick in :-P

afk farming everywhere

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Are you at least checking first? Are you whispering and waiting 5 minutes to see if the person is there or just went for a bio?!

If you report someone Anet doesn’t just go ahead and punish them. Anet can tell if they were only AFK for a couple minutes or not.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

afk farming everywhere

Posted by: KeConan.4563

KeConan.4563

Sincerely, I don’t understand all that hate for Bitterfrost Frontiers AFKs. I mean, I understand the AFK problem (although, I’m pretty sure the “rewards” for AFKing are not as much as we think they might be), but I, personally, like the Bitterfrost AFKers.

You know what I wish I could report and can’t?

People who see that you’re fighting alone with a group of griffons, take the opportunity of their distraction to gather without helping and just run away letting you die a horrible death. Probably while they run away, they’re thinking something like: “Ugh, having to help other players disturbs my daily run for Winterberries”.

afk farming everywhere

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

I alt-f4 when I see players doing race to a node that I am fighting for without helping… they can have the mobs. Does that make me a bad person?

afk farming everywhere

alcarver.5403

I alt-f4 when I see players doing race to a node that I am fighting for without helping… they can have the mobs. Does that make me a bad person?

lel, you made me smile. I might do this from now on when playing on Bitterfrost Frontier :-)

There’s one thing that got me thinking yesterday night. We can play thinking “who will I report today” or thinking “who can I help today”. It’s far more enjoyable when I play using the second mindset. And I think it’s a better aproach to enhance and strengthen the community.

Don’t get me wrong, I report people from time to time, usually for bad language, bullying or mistreating other players. But most of the time I don’t play the “GW2 Police” role.

I like to do my stuff and help people on the way. You never know who’s behind that Charr or Asura getting beaten up by high level mobs. Maybe it’s a kid, maybe an older player without enough finger coordination, and when I go out of my way to help them… that’s when I truly feel like a hero in the game. Not after defeating Zhaitan or Mordremoth. I am a true hero when I help those real life players.

Aaaand I leave it here because I have the impression that I’m hijacking your thread. Sorry! ^^

afk farming everywhere

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

If I stopped to call the police for every driver I saw going 5 mph over the speed limit, it would greatly disturb my driving. So I wouldn’t do it. Let ANET/others handle the AFKers.

QFT.

BTW any relation to Winterberry?

afk farming everywhere

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

When newbies talk to them, they quote a very old post where a mod said that minion behavior was intended (attacking whoever attacks the necromancer) that they misconstrue as ‘afk farming is intended’.

This leads other player to believe doing this is fine, when it clearly isn’t. It gives wealth players for not playing actively, and causes a very, very bad impression with all this hardly active people hanging around doing absolutely nothing.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

afk farming everywhere

Posted by: xBrutalityx.3507

xBrutalityx.3507

Sadly anet doesn’t pay much attention to this, i and many guildies have reported the same ranger who uses auto cast heal and their pet on aggresive to get credit for silverwastes event farms.. they stand in the same spot all day long every day. Its very obvious what they are doing but its been months of this same person doing it and no action has been taken. The same goes for botting, i know of a few people who bot silverwastes 24/7 and reporting them does nothing. But hey, ill still report them daily as i have been, mabe one day action will be taken.

afk farming everywhere

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

The main issue with afk farmers for me is that they ramp up any nearby events making it very hard for for folk who actually do events for map rewards to complete those events. Silverwastes, Bitterfrost, Malchor and Mount Maelstrom are where I have seen the same folk day in and day out no matter what time of day they are there. I report the ones I have not seen move from the same spot when I pass by in 24 hours. As it was said, I think Anet just does not have the resources to deal with this on a consistent basis.

As for the ones who never help fight the mobs they drag into others because they are too busy on their harvesting runs just remember that one of those mobs might just drop a precursor for the ones who stayed and killed them. I have gotten many a nice drop from mobs like that.

afk farming everywhere

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

Yeah, I have reported the same player who is obviously botting/AFK farming in Dry Top for months. They’re still there. And honestly, at this point, I have given up reporting them since it is obvious that it has no effect.

afk farming everywhere

Posted by: aurensei.5283

aurensei.5283

tbh, I don’t get all the hate towards farmers. Why not hate crafters as well? They spend lots of time leveling crafting skill, then farming mats, crafting something and then sell it o_o Farmers just gather and sell the mats. If they have the time to run around (or stand around) the nodes and wait for the them to re-spawn – why hate people for that? It’s their time! Why report people for doing boring grind? I doubt they enjoy it that much, but they don’t have the means to buy gems with real money, so they grind for gold.
When I see a farmer afk’ing who have been killed by random mob – I usually res them and go about my day.

~ Crystal Desert ~

afk farming everywhere

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Will A-Net finally do something about all these minion master Necromancers and trap Rangers standing around in Bitterfrost Frontier?

Have you considered not reporting them and just be on your way?
I’m not whiteknighting the farmers, but I don’t mind them. I get attacked less by frostwolves as I farm my winterberries. I mean, I can’t imagine a negative impact they’re having

afk farming everywhere

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

If they have the time to run around (or stand around) the nodes and wait for the them to re-spawn – why hate people for that? It’s their time! Why report people for doing boring grind?

I think some imagination helps here. In another game, my character was standing at the same mob for hours, farming for a specific dagger. People must have thought I’m weird or crazy, or just a boring grinder.

What they didn’t know is that I was playing that same game with another account actively, having a ball in a little PvP war with another guild. It just took me a look and pressing a key at the other computer every respawn to get the dagger at some point. If I was whispered at, I replied, if I wasn’t too busy running around with the other character.

There are people who own several accounts and have several computers running.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia