/age and /deaths

/age and /deaths

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Since I’m closing on 5000 hours of playtime, I decided to waste time figuring how many times I’ve failed per class mainly because I like to plug stupid numbers into spreadsheets. So I’m curious to see where you folks are at.

/age tells you how many hours you’ve played on a toon and overall, /deaths tells you… deaths. Though I don’t think it does account wide, that’s where google sheets came in handy!

(by class/hours played/deaths/deaths per hour)
Ranger 285 377 1.32
Elem 401 261 0.65
Thief 210 189 0.90
Warrior 74 155 2.09
Necro 893 769 0.86
Mesmer 171 130 0.76
Engineer 1121 1127 1.01
Guardian 1757 1759 1.00

Total 4912 4767 0.97

Mostly WvW, a good chunk of PvE, and a very small dabble of PvP of which I never really got interested beyond dailies (still some uninteresting animal rank)

I’m so bad on ranger, and warrior isn’t worth talking about for me. Though at least for warrior I have the excuse of never doing pve on that character but that doesn’t seem to make up for it. I don’t have excuses for anything else.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

/age and /deaths

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I only looked at my Ranger and it looks like about 1.1/hour. I rarely die now, so I must have died a lot in those first months/years. Lol.

(About 5500 hours since pre-launch on all characters.)

/age and /deaths

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Hmm, I would suppose some of the deaths when I was noob (err, so more so) were probably more frequent at that time. My first characters were necro and guardian though it seems like the classes’ inherent survivability helped a lot.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

/age and /deaths

Posted by: Widget.2987

Widget.2987

If you played SAB Tribulation Mode for any length of time, your deaths number can be pretty large…

/age and /deaths

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Gw2efficiency gives you this info on account summary. I’m fairly certain that PvP deaths don’t count.

For my part, SAB ruined my deaths per hour ratio.

/age and /deaths

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

shouldn’t it be /age and /defeats since you can’t die in this game, can just become defeated.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

/age and /deaths

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’m pretty sure my data is way skewn since I’m one of those people who will keep charging head-first into unwinnable fights in WvW just to see how long I can last.

Also, when I first joined I was so scrubby at combat it’s awful. I’m pretty sure I died a few hundred times in the leveling process going into over-leveled zones and story content since I didn’t understand how this game’s gearing tiers and level systems worked (the game I came from you fought mobs 10-14 levels above you most of the time).

/age and /deaths

Posted by: Jenstone.6891

Jenstone.6891

Yeah, so my age is 5211.
On a toon I made with in the first week of launch, 1076 deaths.
Not going to do all 27 toons, way too much time.

I took 9 months off, for work, ie traveling away from home, so my age is a lot less then it should be.
The deaths, well, there was no incentive to remain alive, so it did not matter.
GW had survivor, which I achieved 7 times.
GW2, staying alive, early on had no real meaning.

/age and /deaths

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Things I’ve learned if you want to protect your psyche:

Don’t /death yourself. You’ll find out how much you suck.
Don’t /age yourself. You’ll find out how much of your life you spent on a game.

I do better not having those metrics.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

/age and /deaths

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Necromancer
/age: 3,019 hours
/deaths: 4,501

Ranger
/age: 2,557 hours
/deaths: 4,124

Not gonna say my total playtime but I just hit 1,000 days today

Also, more than half of my play time has been in WvW/PvP so, I’d like to think that my high number of deaths are at least somewhat acceptable, lol. Especially considering I used to do a lot of roaming. I still do from time to time but not nearly as much as I did a year or so ago.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

/age and /deaths

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Gw2efficiency gives you this info on account summary. I’m fairly certain that PvP deaths don’t count.

Fine if you want to give access to another company and it may be ok but I can get the information straight from the game itself so no thank you on letting someone else having access to my game.

/age and /deaths

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Fine if you want to give access to another company and it may be ok but I can get the information straight from the game itself so no thank you on letting someone else having access to my game.

GW2E uses the API provided by ANet and is read only information. There is no risk to your account involved. It is actually the most helpful tool I have found in my opinion for many things GW2 related.

The Burninator

/age and /deaths

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

GW2E uses the API provided by ANet and is read only information. There is no risk to your account involved. It is actually the most helpful tool I have found in my opinion for many things GW2 related.

+1 for gw2efficiency…reallly cool site.

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

/age and /deaths

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

You should look up what an API is to understand it.

You do sound like quite the silly pirate.

/age and /deaths

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Let’s get back on topic here. According to GW2E:

My Mesmer: 567 hours / 750 deaths.
My Revenant: 112 hours / 61 deaths.
My Ranger: 221 hours / 82 deaths.
My Elementalist: 57 hours / 291 deaths (That was my SAB toon).

The rest I don’t play much. But it is obvious I’m not very good at this game.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

/age and /deaths

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

First I will say that I have a tendency to die because I ran off a cliff that was a bit too high. Gliders will definitely help with that.

I also only have 1 of each class. I’ve got a Revenant, but I used tomes of knowledge to level her and she’s only done city mapping so far so she hasn’t gone into battle.

Mesmer: 53 hours 16 minutes / 22 deaths = 0.41 deaths/hour
Guardian: 70 hours 2 minutes / 61 deaths = 0.87 deaths/hour
Ranger: 79 hours 40 minutes / 70 deaths = 0.88 deaths/hour
Warrior: 189 hours 18 minutes / 252 deaths = 1.3312 deaths/hour
Elementalist: 806 hours 26 minutes / 1,074 deaths = 1.3317 deaths/hour (highest deaths/hour but only slightly.

Total I’ve been playing for 1198 hours 42 minutes, died 1479 times, for a deaths/hour of 1.23 deaths/hour.

I should note that Guild Wars 2 is my very first MMO and I have a tendency to run off cliffs that are just too high just to see if I can make it. Which I mostly did on my Elementalist. My Elementalist also got to continuously die in Personal Story instances as I slowly killed off enemies that I had when I aggroed too many of them… there were a couple of them where I ended up with completely destroyed armor… And that was before repairing was made free.

And of the 5 characters, the Mesmer is the only one that hasn’t finished her personal story. The Elementalist and Warrior have done 100% map completion when it included WvW (I didn’t die more than a handful of times while running toward objectives).

Deaths/hour is likely higher since that time includes time spent idling not doing anything, which I have a tendency to do. Especially on my Elementalist.

/age and /deaths

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

You should look up what an API is to understand it.

You do sound like quite the silly pirate.

I understand what it is – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_programming_interface – you give that site permission to access your data on the API from ANet. I choose not to. I also choose not to be on FB, twitter or any other social interactive sites for various reasons, mainly as I do not want anyone to know more about me than I do. And they all have algorithm’s to extract all kinds of info and track where you go online and track you when you walk into other stores. You would be surprised at how much information gets gathered. I can’t stop all but I can stop some to a degree.

/age and /deaths

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

On ranger 7765 hours, with a total deaths of 12.795. Yes i yolo a lot and don’t care about dying in a bloody video game.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.