airship pass and logging out

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lunaticLewy.3451

lunaticLewy.3451

Please allow people who have bought the permanent airship pass to log out on the airship and log back in there. The way it is now if you log out on the airship the game tries to log you in on the airship. This takes a normal zone loading screen. Then when it notices you are on the airship it then loads the zone that the airship is hovering over. It loads then twice as long as a normal load. Then if you wanted to go to the airship you would have to load that again.

I know it was done this way because you have the 2 week temp pass and the one-time pass. You could do a check to see if that player, that logs out on the airship, has the permanent pass and leave their location logged as the airship. The other people who just have the temporary passes you can set their location to the drop off point on the zone the ship is located over. Then you won’t have the double loading of a zone, and would be able to clear the people off the airship that only have the temp passes.

The airship is the only place that I know of that you can’t log back into that is a city or normal playable zone. There may be others besides the wvw, pvp, and dungeons. I try not to log out of the game on the airship, but it happens often for me, and I loath the long loading of the zones. I purchased this pass with real money so I expect some consideration of this inconvenience. There are times when I would like one of my alts to log into the airship and use what I payed for on the account. I shouldn’t have to go to the bank every time and swap the pass to each character that I want to.

Now I know this would take a few programming checks at every log out or in to see if your character is in a specific zone, but this would make the game more fluid. This would be a small programming task, and could be finished in a short amount of time.

Greg

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Although I like the idea, from what I understand is that the Airship is an instance. As it is now you con’t log back into an instance. The same mechanic works for dungeons. If you are in a dungeon, and log out, you don’t start back in the dungeon. Otherwise would have people playing through a dungeon, killing the end boss, then logging out. Wait a day, log in at the end boss again, kill the boss, collect reward, log out. Repeat for infinite rewards and a permenantly skippable dungeon path. For those with several alts, all they would need to do is park them at the end bosses of each path in Arah, kill and log out, and earn massive amounts of gold. Something like this would be greatly abused. Now they could make an exemption for the Airship, but it seems like it would be too much work just to avoid a couple of loading screens.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

Yep – every time I log in I’m reminded of the clunky design that Anet allowed to be released. Also please add Lion’s Arch as an airship destination.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Well the Royal Terrace isn’t an instanced and you will be tossed out on your backside when you log back in of you logged out from them as well.

At least it’s consistent.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Paddy.3985

Paddy.3985

Yea, I actually asked fr a refund once I realized that it did that. They denied it.
It’s pretty fail.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I don’t think it’s an instance. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen my Party Members’ thumbnails when I’ve been up in the Airship and they were down on the ground in Gendarran Fields.

And it’s annoying as heck to do the Daily Activity from there too. When you leave the Activity, you appear back on the Airship for 1/10th of a second before having to endure a second loading screen as you are kicked off to the ground below. And then you need to endure the loading screen a THIRD time if you want back aboard.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Its not a instance, I always see random ppl on the airship when I go there.
airship is a open area like any other, when in airship I can chat with ppl in gendarran map and I can see them.

[DIE] Death is Energy