all jumping puzzles done but..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tehsmooth.7493

tehsmooth.7493

as the title says , ive done all jumping puzzles but there is no ‘bigphatlewt’ at the end.

nothing to show off so others can just look at me and see ‘oh hes one kitten who finished all JP’ no title, no unique piece of equipment seriously nothing.

and not to speak of the rewards from the jumping puzzles. Some were actually kind of hard and time consuming, but when i get to the end and theres a magnificent chest, i get 25 copper and 3 blue items.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

A simple title would solve all.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Salamol.7963

Salamol.7963

Maybe a pre-cursor… :O

Follow me: @Salamolign
Mist Angels [Mist] – Piken Square

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

It’s an achievement in itself. You get achievements for completing each one.

It’s all for personal satisfaction and accomplishment. You don’t need to be rewarded for everything you do in this game. Some stuff is just there for fun for you to do. You already get the experience and a chest at the end of every jumping puzzle and an achievement. What more do you want?

And with the new reward system coming, they stated that eventually in the future they are going to have all your achievement points give you medals to buy rewards. Just currently it is only dailies and monthlies that award you medals.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: tehsmooth.7493

tehsmooth.7493

“You already get the experience and a chest at the end of every jumping puzzle and an achievement. What more do you want?”

ive stated this in my original post. : i want better reward or something to show off… gand it wasnt always fun more frustrating but im not a quitter.
all chests were useless except the wvw puzzles, but those are the same 3 times.

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

“Title unlocked: Italian Plumber”

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

There is no title for completing all puzzles, because it is not all puzzles. There will without a doubt be added more.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

It should have a title. It is a lot of time and work to finish them all. I still have a few left and plan on getting them all, but yeah there should be something for you at the end. Even a chest like you get with the area completed would be nice

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Titel unlocked: Super Mario

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

There is no title for completing all puzzles, because it is not all puzzles. There will without a doubt be added more.

There’s a title for world completion, and they’ll no doubt be adding more

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

There’s a title for world completion, and they’ll no doubt be adding more

And they already have. Southsun Cove is not part of world completion.

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Completed all JP’s ? Title should be ‘console platform player’ or’Jump Puzzle 2 member’.

Maybe someone that completes all their jump puzzles should be mailed a platform game to play on their DS so they don’t miss all that jumping…

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

I don’t get the need for any reward beyond the satisfaction of doing it, but then I don’t have a big ego that needs stroking so maybe that’s why I don’t see it.

If something isn’t fun, hasn’t got an in-game reward and you don’t feel that simply completing it is enough, then why do it?

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Completed all JP’s ? Title should be ‘console platform player’ or’Jump Puzzle 2 member’.

Maybe someone that completes all their jump puzzles should be mailed a platform game to play on their DS so they don’t miss all that jumping…

Jumping puzzles can be quite fun (well unless you play on a notebook on a European server from the Far East like me), as long as you do just one or two.

I have now nearly completed them all (missing the 3 similar ones in Wv3 and one in PvE).

I just wish my main wouldn’t be a norn, the camera kills me (yeah it works with both meanings…).

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Yep, my asura toons seem to jump a lot better than my charr…

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

I love jumping puzzles in GW2 and have all of them recorded on my Youtube channel (apart from Eternal Battlegrounds which is a work in progress). Ive completed all of them and feel great that ive done that but I did kinda expect a title. Its not like id show it and say ‘look at me, im awesome because I can complete puzzles!’ Its more a ‘I love jumping puzzles so much ive completed them all and have chosen this title’.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Posted by: Mat Garrett.9326

Mat Garrett.9326

I saw someone with the title “Honors in applied jumping” so i’ve spent the last two weeks doing the jumping puzzles I needed for the title. Turns out to be a title for super adventure box. I agree with the original poster, there should be a title for completing all the jump puzzles. What a letdown.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

there should be a title for completing all the jump puzzles

I strongly suspect that the main problem is that there is no such thing as “all the jumping puzzles”. We’ve had many puzzles added and even removed over the course of three years. Like many things in this game, jps are subject to the ever changing game world.

That said, you do get an achievement (including 10 ap) for each jp you do for the first time, and a daily chest reward at the end of most puzzles, plus map rewards once HoT goes live. Personally, I think that’s decent reward for doing them, even if some are easier or harder than others.

Putting anything more substantial at the end of finishing all puzzles would mostly lead to a bunch of people feeling the need to do them even if they don’t enjoy that kind of content, and a serious increase in “mesmer selling portal to xxx”. Do we really need that?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t see any need for a title for each achievement. Or loot. After all, achievement points lead to achievement chests, which already include loot, including some of the only freely reusable skins in the game.

JPs in particular give a lot of AP, despite some being trivial.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I think people that love jumpig puzzles deserve a title that shows what they have done. As I have said in other threads, I think titles aren’t exactly “rewards” but simple recognition.

JP should ALSO give better rewards. It’s not fair to have better rewards for simply pressing 1 repeatedly in a zerg durin 5 minutes than for spending a whole hour deiscovering the world the devs have made. (As for the mesmer easy mode: people that get to the end without portals should get better rewards also. Simple as that.)

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

Isn’t that what Guild Wars 2 is all about? Doing plenty of different things and when you finally reach the end of that line, you get nothing special at all, when i say nothing i really mean NOTHING.

I guess the feeling of “Wow! i finally did it! And ooohhh look at that shiny thing” This just doesn’t happen at all in Guild Wars 2, you should feel so mediocre at all times. No matter what you do…

It’s sad, and i hope they will FIX it, cause dude, world completion even tho easy it’s still time consuming should grant you some special snowflake feeling, same goes for jumping puzzles etc etc etc.

Sad sad sad.

Posted by: icy.9250

icy.9250

Short summary: yes, reward with titles!

As a new player (<1month), I started to look into jumping puzzles, and yeah, some I found super hard (e.g. Not So Secret in Gendarran). There should be a title reward like Jumping Master, Puzzler, Jumping Puzzler, etc.

If a new puzzle comes out, the title would get revoked or temporarily denied, simple as that, and issued again when the player completes the new puzzle. If anyone has played RuneScape, you’d know this is the case with the Quest cape (when a new quest comes out, players cannot wear the the cape until completing it).

I highly doubt people would be selling teleports. The title would just be another niche title so that different kinds of people can display what they like about the game, or cycle through the fun things they’ve accomplished.

icy`