all the loot nerfs

all the loot nerfs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

I don’t think you are wrong.

I have a feeling that what we are seeing is a combination of milking the current playerbase and targeting a different market on another continent that has literally hundreds of millions of people.

The China market is HUGE. Even if this is just a cashgrab strategy, they can make bank and not care if the game itself died a quick death.

Ah yes. I am sure they would be willing to put 300+ people (and friends) out of a job for some swift dollars….

Well, I would assume that most of their best talent has left for a good reason….

And I agree with many of the posters in this thread. This game is quickly starting to look like another cash-grab P2W scenario. I suspect NCSoft wants to shelve GW2 to make way for their upcoming MMOs such as Wild Star (you know, the kind that requires everyone to pay for kitten monthly subscription fees no matter what.)

I give Anet 3-4 months tops for improvements, now that they’re really going to have to work for it if they want to wow their new Chinese players. If we continue to see more cash shop in exchange for more stealth drop nerfs and RNG, then I think it’s time to say goodbye to this game and hello to something else. And that new “something else” won’t be Wild Star if NCSoft’s business model is anything to go by.

I like how people complain about trivial subscriptions fees and then cry when they’re beloved F2P game becomes a cash grab.

Not that ALL F2P is bad. Rift has a very fair cash shop, but that’s the only example I can think of at the moment.

I have no problems with the cash shop. In fact I’m a huge supporter of the Gem Store and have already spent sooo much buying the skins and minis from it that I’d rather not share not my balance here out of embarrassment because of it.

My issue is that they’re ruining aspects completely unrelated to the gemstore through nerfing gold drops, mat drops, RNG chances and farming in an attempt to pressure players to take out their credit card for a quick fix.
The gemstore should be aesthetics, toys and boosters only, it has no buisness kittening around with the gameplay this drastically. And when it does, it practically becomes P2W.

So instead of nerfing the gameplay, how about releasing more appealing skins through the gemstore? You know what would be great? More racial armor types. I’d know I’d get out my credit card in a heartbeat if Anet released more armor skins that catered to the body types and aesthetics on charr, sylvari and Asura since Anet is too lazy to fix the clipping and stretching issues associated with non race-tier armors. I bet that would make them and many other players very happy.

(edited by La Goanna.8142)

all the loot nerfs

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

The exchange rate is based off the players, so its expensive because people aren’t buying gems and selling them for gold.

This also means, if someone buys their gems from gold ArenaNet is still making money, because those gems you bought with gold were originally sold from a player who bought gems with cash.

NEWSFLASH: If people buy gems and sell them, the exchange rate gets cheaper. At the same time, because of the 30% tax, inflation is reduced.

In regards to loot nerfs, they are more of a balancing. Up until the nerfs, there was no point of running a fractal. It was far better to run dungeons or a champ train. Now that those have been nerfed, the economy is much more equalized.

They have an economic expert working on this game, and it is clear he is doing a good job as now I feel like I’m rewarded pretty much the same in all game modes.

I’m no economic expert, but I have a good idea it might fit! Bring all rewards to 0, make all items accountbound and that can’t be sold on merchants. Make every material T1-6 accountbound as well and with no merchant revenue either. No kind of money drop from any mob. Remove tokens and badges of honor and sell them together with gems, problem fixed, everything balanced

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

all the loot nerfs

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

hey don’t forget the new wardrobe change

• now it’s easier than ever to change your looks (for transmutation charges)
  • now living story will reward you with ACCOUNT BOUND skins, cause god forbid you’d make money form the living story

(edited by PowerCat.5738)

all the loot nerfs

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I don’t think you are wrong.

I have a feeling that what we are seeing is a combination of milking the current playerbase and targeting a different market on another continent that has literally hundreds of millions of people.

The China market is HUGE. Even if this is just a cashgrab strategy, they can make bank and not care if the game itself died a quick death.

Ah yes. I am sure they would be willing to put 300+ people (and friends) out of a job for some swift dollars….

Well, I would assume that most of their best talent has left for a good reason….

And I agree with many of the posters in this thread. This game is quickly starting to look like another cash-grab P2W scenario. I suspect NCSoft wants to shelve GW2 to make way for their upcoming MMOs such as Wild Star (you know, the kind that requires everyone to pay for kitten monthly subscription fees no matter what.)

I give Anet 3-4 months tops for improvements, now that they’re really going to have to work for it if they want to wow their new Chinese players. If we continue to see more cash shop in exchange for more stealth drop nerfs and RNG, then I think it’s time to say goodbye to this game and hello to something else. And that new “something else” won’t be Wild Star if NCSoft’s business model is anything to go by.

I like how people complain about trivial subscriptions fees and then cry when they’re beloved F2P game becomes a cash grab.

Not that ALL F2P is bad. Rift has a very fair cash shop, but that’s the only example I can think of at the moment.

I have no problems with the cash shop. In fact I’m a huge supporter of the Gem Store and have already spent sooo much buying the skins and minis from it that I’d rather not share not my balance here out of embarrassment because of it.

My issue is that they’re ruining aspects completely unrelated to the gemstore through nerfing gold drops, mat drops, RNG chances and farming in an attempt to pressure players to take out their credit card for a quick fix.
The gemstore should be aesthetics, toys and boosters only, it has no buisness kittening around with the gameplay this drastically. And when it does, it practically becomes P2W.

So instead of nerfing the gameplay, how about releasing more appealing skins through the gemstore? You know what would be great? More racial armor types. I’d know I’d get out my credit card in a heartbeat if Anet released more armor skins that catered to the body types and aesthetics on charr, sylvari and Asura since Anet is too lazy to fix the clipping and stretching issues associated with non race-tier armors. I bet that would make them and many other players very happy.

Must be nice being a poor little rich kid to brag about all the money you spend on gems for a game that SHOULD BE items gotten for just playing the game, as the saying/quote goes “a fool and his money are soon parted”.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

all the loot nerfs

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Why do people ignore the fact that less gold being created (less extreme farms) the less stuff will cost, and as such the less people actually have to farm.

Icy Runestone’s wanted to say hello JS is still setting the pricing of items by setting the volume and type of base materials used to create it. Even if the economy deflated, it wouldn’t make it “easier” or “faster” than it is with items like Icy Runestone and their set prices in the mix.

Right now having players spend time on the pavilion, with such spare material drops, is actually going to increase mat prices on the TP. As they’ll be less supply being generated at the moment.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

all the loot nerfs

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

Subscription never sound so good as now.
Thank you for endure that model Anet

all the loot nerfs

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I do not support Anet in every thing. But how many people who are complaining about spending money would work a forty hour week without pay or some kind of compensation?

Yeah that is what I thought. No matter how much you love your job people have bills and a family to support.

The gem store is there to use. I have never felt my game was effected by not using it. I do not agree with loot nerfs which is what the thread was about. The gem store is a whole other animal all together.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

all the loot nerfs

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

I do not support Anet in every thing. But how many people who are complaining about spending money would work a forty hour week without pay or some kind of compensation?

Yeah that is what I thought. No matter how much you love your job people have bills and a family to support.

The gem store is there to use. I have never felt my game was effected by not using it. I do not agree with loot nerfs which is what the thread was about. The gem store is a whole other animal all together.

I don’t have a problem spending money since I pay subs for games I value. And I don’t have a problem spending money in a fair cash shop. But GW2’s cash shop is anything but fair, and now with the China release, it’s just a cash grab.

Look at Rift’s cash shop for an example of a shop that is very fair.

all the loot nerfs

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I don’t have a problem spending money since I pay subs for games I value. And I don’t have a problem spending money in a fair cash shop. But GW2’s cash shop is anything but fair, and now with the China release, it’s just a cash grab.

Look at Rift’s cash shop for an example of a shop that is very fair.

While I will not disagree with you on every point. P2P can be just as big of a cash grab. Look at what has happened with ESO for example.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

(edited by Talyn.3295)

all the loot nerfs

Posted by: atomicblue.1306

atomicblue.1306

I don’t buy keys for Black Lion Chests because the rewards are not worth it, they still refuse to have a native Linux client, and gambling using real money is illegal in my state.

all the loot nerfs

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I wonder if they ever gave any thought or what they envisioned for this game 6-12 months down the road.

When you don’t add permanent content and take away all the sources of avenue for loot, what are players left with exactly? WvW? The loot sucks even more then on top of it being completely unbalanced.

They nerf the frostgorge champ train, Queensdale, Cursed Shore, and the Dungeons (which i wasn’t aware of because I don’t play them).

Also apparently world boss frequency has been reduced too, or i’ve heard because of the Megaserver. Perhaps someone can clarify.

Given all this, where exactly are they trying to push players? The gem store? What good is it when we’ve done all the content 100x over and the loot system is abysmal. Just to add in another slap in the face.. 100 blade shards for a green item? We were told to hold onto them for something valuable. Well I’m not sure who exactly finds greens (or even yellows for that matter) valuable. I personally was never excited for one, not even when I was a new player.

IMO, Anet (NCsoft) needs to get money off their bottom line. Put player enjoyment first and the money will flow. Make money and greed your priority and the cash flow will dry up.

all the loot nerfs

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

Logged into Divinity’s Reach. Chatted for a while. Did a few heart chests in Queensdale. Bought some new outfits with gems I bought in the TP. Threw a bunch of unused rares into the Mystic Forge, didn’t get anything worthwhile, but, hey, life is good – it was fun! Think I’ll pop some more gems for some transmute charges so I can change up my wardrobe a bit. Man, I love this game! The only thing that would make it better was if that horrible, dreadful, despicable Champ Train was gone … what? It is? Woo-hoo!!! Unicorns and bubblegum and lollipops for everyone! Back to the TP – I had my eye on that Legendary thingie, Eternity or something. I think I have a few thousand left on my Visa…

all the loot nerfs

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Logged into Divinity’s Reach. Chatted for a while. Did a few heart chests in Queensdale. Bought some new outfits with gems I bought in the TP. Threw a bunch of unused rares into the Mystic Forge, didn’t get anything worthwhile, but, hey, life is good – it was fun! Think I’ll pop some more gems for some transmute charges so I can change up my wardrobe a bit. Man, I love this game! The only thing that would make it better was if that horrible, dreadful, despicable Champ Train was gone … what? It is? Woo-hoo!!! Unicorns and bubblegum and lollipops for everyone! Back to the TP – I had my eye on that Legendary thingie, Eternity or something. I think I have a few thousand left on my Visa…

WOW! Methinks you like to brag to much, but, I digress, I too like SOME aspects of the game, but, nowhere near as much as I did/do GW1. As far as the Trains go(i’m a hardcore farmer and that won’t change), some are still going strong and that is where I go as well as the dailies and world boss events at reset. Never got a precurser(been in-game since all BETAS), don’t want a legendary(too foo-foo to my liking) and for now my MC will stay in my wallet.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

all the loot nerfs

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

WOW! Methinks you like to brag to much, but, I digress, I too like SOME aspects of the game, but, nowhere near as much as I did/do GW1. As far as the Trains go(i’m a hardcore farmer and that won’t change), some are still going strong and that is where I go as well as the dailies and world boss events at reset. Never got a precurser(been in-game since all BETAS), don’t want a legendary(too foo-foo to my liking) and for now my MC will stay in my wallet.

Methinks that was his/her attempt at sarcasm…or at least I hope to God it was…

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

all the loot nerfs

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Yeah bro I hear you, I play the same way.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

all the loot nerfs

Posted by: SkyFierce.2071

SkyFierce.2071

There was the event nerf.
I wonder whether it has anything to do with China release?

Of cause it’s China, anything goes wrong just blame China, even your mon had affair with your neighbors, it’s China’s fault, I don’t know why, just it is.

all the loot nerfs

Posted by: Spook.5847

Spook.5847

These nerfs suck. I can no longer log in and do my dailies to have fun for an hour or whatever.

Seriously – to hell with this game. I’ve seen this BS before, and I wont bother to let it be fed to me here.

I will never buy another product from this company.

all the loot nerfs

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

There was the event nerf.
I wonder whether it has anything to do with China release?

Of cause it’s China, anything goes wrong just blame China, even your mon had affair with your neighbors, it’s China’s fault, I don’t know why, just it is.

Well if you switch on the dev tracker you’ll see that even the devs said that it’s at least partially because of China.

all the loot nerfs

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Most players cant do most of the content needed to unlock those traits, and with this newest patch Anet made some of them even harder, but you can BUY them!

Anet made them easier to get, not harder.