and More in the Gem Store!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: storm officer.1028

storm officer.1028

You don’t say! really?! Seems that’s the only thing getting updated.

Posted by: Constantine.7812

Constantine.7812

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So many people are kittened of right now And im glad. Not because i want bad things to happen anet, but because i want them to wake up and find the right direction. Giving us really bad updates AND MORE IN THE GEM STORE is not the way to go

Posted by: storm officer.1028

storm officer.1028

i noticed most new updates revolve around gem store. Wardrobe, minis, finishers, BL weapons on achievement list

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

Tbh I find the gem store updates we had lately so puny even there, that it truly looks like they lost interest even in that. Such meaningless items…no new armors in ages, no new custom features in a while either.

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: Lasur Arkinshade.4107

Lasur Arkinshade.4107

Tbh I find the gem store updates we had lately so puny even there, that it truly looks like they lost interest even in that. Such meaningless items…no new armors in ages, no new custom features in a while either.

I don’t mind the gem store being neglected, I don’t even mind the living world having huge hiatuses, as long as the reason is that they’re working on a huge background project with way more content than the living world etc could ever deliver.

Luckily, from what they’ve said, that’s exactly what they’re doing. There’s only a skeleton crew working on the gem store and living world at the moment – about 20 people on living world and probably less on the gem store.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Didn’t we get 3 outfits in a row and they just added harvesting nodes to the home instance?

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Well I’m excited about the new finisher. One for my necro .. yaaay!

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I wish we would finally get again some real armorsets .. wasn’t much that i was really
interestet to buy in the last months beside the Belindas Nodachi.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I wish we would finally get again some real armorsets .. wasn’t much that i was really
interestet to buy in the last months beside the Belindas Nodachi.

I agree. I’m itching to buy some new armor and weapons. Last thing I bought was Belinda’s greatsword. But NO on the outfits, ty. Real armor please.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

I don’t mind the gem store being neglected, I don’t even mind the living world having huge hiatuses, as long as the reason is that they’re working on a huge background project with way more content than the living world etc could ever deliver.

Luckily, from what they’ve said, that’s exactly what they’re doing. There’s only a skeleton crew working on the gem store and living world at the moment – about 20 people on living world and probably less on the gem store.

What did Anet say, where and when? About anything related to “huge background project” I find very interesting! Please elaborate! Thanks!

Posted by: Deaths.9165

Deaths.9165

The Mist backpack doesnt look like a cape and cant be a replacement for a cape. Nope still not something the playerbase wants just a ugly replacement.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s Tuesday. Tuesday is always Gem Shop day. Something new, something returning, something on sale. If this still surprises you, the collective you, after two years then you really have short attention spans.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

What did Anet say, where and when? About anything related to “huge background project” I find very interesting! Please elaborate! Thanks!

They never came outright and said anything, it’s just been little hints here and there that have people speculating.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: RubiBayer

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Hi all, just a quick note on this: Behellagh is correct. Updates like this are just part of that team’s normal schedule.

Different teams do different things, so it’s not a matter of “We can work on the Black Lion Trading Company or we can work on something else, but not both”. The update today is just Evon Gnashblade’s team doing their thing. (Speaking of, did you catch the end of today’s update? There is a different free item in the promotions tab of the BLTC every day this week, so don’t forget to get yours.)

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

As an Engineering Manager, IMHO, I would promote this team, and take one of each to lead the other teams… For some strange reason, they seem to be the only team that does things right and keeps their schedule commitments.

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

And, BTW, the freebies (however small they will be) should be advertised by an e-mail at least. Again, JMHO.

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

(Speaking of, did you catch the end of today’s update? There is a different free item in the promotions tab of the BLTC every day this week, so don’t forget to get yours.)

I have to say, this excited me a good bit. The free wacky-chest yesterday (can’t remember what it’s called) was OK, but getting the free WvW booster is nice since I’m trying to get my WvW ranking up. Can’t wait to see what goodies they’re giving us the rest of the week.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Logged in to reply to a Gaile post, front page tagged with money.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Three and a half million threads (approximately) with upwards of twelve billion posts about the recent update, mass hysteria, big foot sightings, cats and dogs living together….and the gem store is the only thing being updated ?

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Three and a half million threads (approximately) with upwards of twelve billion posts about the recent update, mass hysteria, big foot sightings, cats and dogs living together….and the gem store is the only thing being updated ?

Did you not see the game update notes?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I was commenting on the ridiculousness of the OP’s claim that it seems only the gemstore is being updated when these forums have been buzzing with response to a very recent major update.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

I was commenting on the ridiculousness of the OP’s claim that it seems only the gemstore is being updated when these forums have been buzzing with response to a very recent major update.

It’s called, starting drama… And it is done quite a bit on these forums with varying degrees of success.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

The Mist backpack doesnt look like a cape and cant be a replacement for a cape. Nope still not something the playerbase wants just a ugly replacement.

i saw the capes in gw1………….i prefer my mist herald backpack thank you very much.

dat banner, so pretty

Fix what you have before you build something new

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

As an Engineering Manager, IMHO, I would promote this team, and take one of each to lead the other teams… For some strange reason, they seem to be the only team that does things right and keeps their schedule commitments.

I do think the complexity of the content being output doesn’t really compare well to other areas of the game (although the guys making skins could probably show the other areas a thing or two :P ), and I’m unsure if they’re meeting any schedule or just releasing whatever’s done at that time.

And, BTW, the freebies (however small they will be) should be advertised by an e-mail at least. Again, JMHO.

Seeing as how if it wasn’t for this posts I wouldn’t even have known… sure I check the updates but mostly just scan through the names.

It’s called, starting drama… And it is done quite a bit on these forums with varying degrees of success.

How true, how true

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I find it problematic that they even put up temporary items in the store, not sales, but whole items. By the time some of us actually get paid these things are gone so even in the store there’s an issue getting to the things I might want.

Their economist is so busy patting himself on the back for more RNG and more gold sinks in his ever inflating TP that he’s not noticed that he’s actually hurting their sales by making these items temporary.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Now give Behellagh a cookie, please.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Behellagh.1468

Hmm … cookie.

Attachments:

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: RubiBayer

Previous

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

I think giving Behellagh a cookie (some cookies, even) is an excellent idea. An in-game mail check might be in order.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

At least release new armor skins more frequently instead of all the gimmicky stuff.
Barbie End Game needs more frequent updates.

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

Different teams do different things, so it’s not a matter of "We can work on the Black Lion Trading Company or we can work on something else

And no team works on bugs or balancing GG

At least the gemstore is throwing off a lot of cash eh?

Posted by: Vethaera.6319

Vethaera.6319

As a veteran EQ/EQ2 player accustomed to the wealth of vanity items available in the station store, I found the gem store… disappointing, at best. I say EXPAND IT!!!

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

The problem is not that the gem shop gets consistent updates. The problem is that the gem shop gets all the fun stuff.

We get the Living Story, which is even if the story is great only a one-time experience.
We get new maps which suffer from the same problems as the old maps.
We get some new skins, which are heavily grind- or RNG-gated.

The gem store gets skins, skins, skins, useful tools and skins. And everybody just wants these things. No wonder that people get upset with the gem store releases.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

once u guys buy everything in the gemstore we gonna get expansion

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

The problem is not that the gem shop gets consistent updates. The problem is that the gem shop gets all the fun stuff.

We get the Living Story, which is even if the story is great only a one-time experience.

The gem store gets skins, skins, skins, useful tools and skins. And everybody just wants these things. No wonder that people get upset with the gem store releases.

If you want these things, feel free to purchase them. The reason why convenience items are microtransactions is to supplement NCSoft/Anet’s income as a business. If you don’t want to pay Gems for these items, you don’t need to. Simply play the game for no monthly subscription fees, as it was intended, as you can still have fun.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Behellagh.1468

I think giving Behellagh a cookie (some cookies, even) is an excellent idea. An in-game mail check might be in order.

Thank you. Didn’t actually expect to get cookies.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Why OP complaining? You mean 4 episodes of LS in 6 months isn’t enough updates?

Behellagh.1468

5 episodes. The last one started March 18th.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: DragonWhimsy.6489

DragonWhimsy.6489

5 episodes. The last one started March 18th.

Plus two feature packs, mostly filled with features and quality of life improvements players have been asking for over the last two years. Plus the Story Journal (a very welcome addition from my perspective).

People complain because there’s no expansion yet. But Mists of Pandaria launched about the same time as GW2 did and they’re only now releasing a new expansion. And though WoW had a couple of big patches, if you add up all the content both games have had the last two years, I’d wager GW2 has had more.

I really do hope they announce something big for next year, but ANet has done a lot this year regardless.

Posted by: Invisible Pete.7290

Invisible Pete.7290

Hi all, just a quick note on this: Behellagh is correct. Updates like this are just part of that team’s normal schedule.

Different teams do different things, so it’s not a matter of “We can work on the Black Lion Trading Company or we can work on something else, but not both”. The update today is just Evon Gnashblade’s team doing their thing. (Speaking of, did you catch the end of today’s update? There is a different free item in the promotions tab of the BLTC every day this week, so don’t forget to get yours.)

Posted by: Invisible Pete.7290

Invisible Pete.7290

“There is a different free item in the promotions tab of the BLTC every day this week, so don’t forget to get yours.)”

Thanks for the Dye Pack from yesterday; however I just logged in today and nothing free in the Promotions tab.

I shared the news with my guildmates, and now feel like I gave them bad news, as “every day” seems to mean only one day.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

“There is a different free item in the promotions tab of the BLTC every day this week, so don’t forget to get yours.)”

Thanks for the Dye Pack from yesterday; however I just logged in today and nothing free in the Promotions tab.

I shared the news with my guildmates, and now feel like I gave them bad news, as “every day” seems to mean only one day.

Are you sure you checked after the daily reset?

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

As a veteran EQ/EQ2 player accustomed to the wealth of vanity items available in the station store, I found the gem store… disappointing, at best. I say EXPAND IT!!!

There’s a few items that could be in the gem store but ANet prefers to use them for temporary sales or specials. But yeah the more content the better.

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

I knew he was one of the disguised ANet agents on the forum. Bribery all the way! /joke!:D

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

the free item for today is the golem banker (2 weeks). however, for some players it isn’t showing up as free. personally, i think this is because it was already obtained at some point in those players game-lives, as i myself got the digital deluxe thing that comes with one of those for every toon i have, and i can’t get a free one. just a theory though, everyone i’ve asked about it when they say they can’t get a free one hasn’t answered me on if they ever got one before.

Fix what you have before you build something new

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Weird, on my account (and friends’ accounts) it’s 500 gems, not even free…

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: Vanive.3804

Vanive.3804

Yeah same. I’ve never owned this. Looks like I’m gonna miss out on it :-/

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Yeah same. I’ve never owned this. Looks like I’m gonna miss out on it :-/

Neither… Well, I don’t mind, it’s easy accessing to the bank so :P It would be worse if it were a finisher, a weapon skin or something alike

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

It is 500 gems on all our accounts, including the one that is not Deluxe.

Personally, I don’t care very much. The ones I got are mostly unused and take up a spot in the bag. Why? Because I am saving them until I really, really need to have a continuous bank access for two weeks.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No free Golem Banker on my account, either. I tried different characters, but no go.

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

If you want these things, feel free to purchase them. The reason why convenience items are microtransactions is to supplement NCSoft/Anet’s income as a business. If you don’t want to pay Gems for these items, you don’t need to. Simply play the game for no monthly subscription fees, as it was intended, as you can still have fun.

As said dozen and dozen times before…
Grinding gold is as fun as doing tedious work: Not at all.
Playing the game ? getting gold to buy skins.