annoying gold sellers.

annoying gold sellers.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

I get spammed by 3 or 4 sellers per day especially in pvp lobby, anyway somethign came across my mind today but wont all of anets gold seller issues be solved if they simply forbid players to mail gold to each others ^^ ?

annoying gold sellers.

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

So, how would we help our friends out, if we could not give them some gold/coin?

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

annoying gold sellers.

MarkoNS.3261

So, how would we help our friends out, if we could not give them some gold/coin?

a small sacrifice to stop gold sellers.

annoying gold sellers.

Posted by: Silas Eorth.7348

Silas Eorth.7348

Nothing would change. They would then just switch to advertising Legendary weapons or other such valuable items (ectos?). Meanwhile, we’d have to quit doing our guild raffle… nobody would be able to negotiate private trade…. etc.

Just block and report.

annoying gold sellers.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I’d rather be pestered by gold sellers than lose my ability to mail gold.

Edit to add: gold sellers will just start mailing large value items that players then sell.

annoying gold sellers.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

a small sacrifice to stop gold sellers.

That’s a large sacrifice. Sorry, but I just think that’s the wrong way to go about stopping gold sellers. Besides, they already send items in place of gold; that started back when Anet added the weekly gold from mail/guild bank cap.

annoying gold sellers.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Gold sellers rarely mail gold to players. It is a bit more complicated.

annoying gold sellers.

MarkoNS.3261

Well then if Anet is serious about stopping gold sellers they should ban all trade amongst players and ban every single person who used a gold seller.

annoying gold sellers.

RoseofGilead.8907

Ah, so this is just a troll post. Good to know.

annoying gold sellers.

MarkoNS.3261

Im getting tirred of seing 600 ap guys with legendaries, i mean lets be honest how did they get that or any other item swipe a credit card instead of effort.

annoying gold sellers.

Posted by: Tomoyo.3482

Tomoyo.3482

they could be a new player and just farmed sw/etc and not do much more. if they was really lucky maybe got two precursors to drop and sold one to help speed things up.

annoying gold sellers.

MarkoNS.3261

nop im being totally serious how is me wanting anet to be strict on people who break their rules a troll post ?

annoying gold sellers.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Let’s see. So far the OP has suggested removing the ability to send gold to other players, removing all player to player trade from the game and banning people instead of removing their bought gold. All because he was annoyed by a few gold seller messages.

I can hardly wait to see what ideas he comes up with to stop things that are an actual problem to players and not just an annoyance.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

annoying gold sellers.

RoseofGilead.8907

nop im being totally serious how is me wanting anet to be strict on people who break their rules a troll post ?

Saying you want to make it so players can’t send items or gold to other people just sounds trolly, as does saying “If Anet REALLY wanted to stop gold sellers, they’d do this”. Anet already does what they can to stop gold sellers. They read reports of gold selling, and they ban the accounts. And we help in that by reporting them when we see them.

And people who buy gems repeatedly probably do sometimes get banned, but usually (as of the past year or so) Anet just removes the gold they bought and tells them to not do it again.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

annoying gold sellers.

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

Sadly, simply blocking the user doesn’t fix the situation either. If you block one, there will just be more.

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

annoying gold sellers.

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

You can’t trade/mail money in BDO, yet there are gold sellers there……

Since Anet sells gems that can be converted to gold, people can pretty much buy almost anything they want, doesn’t mean they bought gold from a gold seller.

annoying gold sellers.

MarkoNS.3261

Saying you want to make it so players can’t send items or gold to other people just sounds trolly, as does saying “If Anet REALLY wanted to stop gold sellers, they’d do this”. Anet already does what they can to stop gold sellers. They read reports of gold selling, and they ban the accounts. And we help in that by reporting them when we see them.

And people who buy gems repeatedly probably do sometimes get banned, but usually (as of the past year or so) Anet just removes the gold they bought and tells them to not do it again.

“people who buy gems repeatedly probably do sometimes get banned” lol and you are ok with this in the end you have your opinion i have mine and mine is ban all gold sellers /buyers.

annoying gold sellers.

RoseofGilead.8907

“people who buy gems repeatedly probably do sometimes get banned” lol and you are ok with this in the end you have your opinion i have mine and mine is ban all gold sellers /buyers.

Yeah, I’m fine with the buyers having the gold taken away and possibly being banned for repeated rule breaking. I’d also be fine with banning gold sellers/buyers. I’ll never be fine with restricting player-to-player mailing of items, though.

annoying gold sellers.

MarkoNS.3261

Yeah, I’m fine with the buyers having the gold taken away and possibly being banned for repeated rule breaking. I’d also be fine with banning gold sellers/buyers. I’ll never be fine with restricting player-to-player mailing of items, though.

well i am fine with that if it mean no more gold sellers instead oh lets just allow a few of them in.

annoying gold sellers.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Actions taken to curtail gold-sellers need to have a minimal impact on the player base. Removing one annoyance just to replace it with another is silly and a waste of everyone’s time.

~EW

annoying gold sellers.

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

I’d rather be pestered by gold sellers than lose my ability to mail gold.

Edit to add: gold sellers will just start mailing large value items that players then sell.

Exactly. Gold sellers don’t need to mail gold.

annoying gold sellers.

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Here’s an idea: reporting someone for gold selling should automatically block them

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

annoying gold sellers.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There’s no way to stop gold sellers until people stop buying gold from them. As long as these guys can generate RL cash for their low-risk activities, they will continue to do business. They will always find ways to work around any restrictions that games throw at them.

Accordingly, the appropriate thing for developers to do is:

• Make it hard for Gold Sellers to spam — ANet has done that.
  • Make it hard for them to distribute coin easily — ANet has done that.
  • Make it easier to track them — ANet has done that.

If you really want to stop them, make sure that none of your friends or guildies buy gold.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

annoying gold sellers.

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

Honestly, the soaring gold-to-gems price is making the gems-to-gold price much more attractive, making the official channel of buying gold from Anet give better returns and (hopefully) squeezing gold sellers out of business.

annoying gold sellers.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

A much better solution would be to give us more chat privacy options as discussed here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Privacy-Discussion-merged/first

Bump it up, give it more attention and then maybe something will finally get done about it.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

annoying gold sellers.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

I love this idea because removing and restricting players has always worked wonders in the past for games. /s

On a more serious note, if the problem of goldsellers were this easy to manage, Arenanet would have found a final solution ages ago. Main problem with this suggestion is:

- it heavily penalises the playerbase while having very likely a minor or even negative effect on curbing goldsellers and RMT activity.

- it’s very reactive and predictable.

1.) Arenanet stops gold trade → fine, goldsellers use items (which they already do)
2.) Arenanet stops item trade → fine, goldsellers start using complex methods of TP interaction by buying useless items for high prices from customers
3.) Arenanet starts intervening in the TP → aside from the negative effect it would have on the economy, goldsellers simply find the next thing they can trade (leveling services, achievements, gold farm services, etc.)

At no point in that chain of developement is the playerbase better off and the RMT sites just change their approach and services. All that without even getting into bots, account hacking and other illegal services (especially bots would surge in popularity).