any one else bored with gw2 ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nibblesalil.3561

nibblesalil.3561

just to ask a very serious question any one else bored with gw2 right now ? does anyone else feel like there really not much to do ? you reach level 80 and all you have to do is now map complete and then theirs nothing after it , there not expanding it there not doing anything except promoting the gem store , there hardly no rewards for anything you do and you have to put a lot of effort into what you have to do for really basically nothing , if they put half the amount of time into the game like they do the gem store would have a decent game i guess one can only dream

its just now competently disappointing and boarding on extremely boring " gem store …….gem store ……….gem store " give it a break with the gem store and actually fix the game make something new anet people are screaming for this is it ever going happen ??

if life is a cabaret old chum ………lets caberet

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

Consider getting a virtual PhD in agriculture in this game, like everyone else. Oh, them farmers!

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Short answer.

Yes.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

WOW – how long did it take you to get to 80? Really that is all you paid for.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I wish OP had access to a shift key to make capital letters. :P

The game really needs better ways of getting ascended armor and weapons. Crafting them requires insane farm/grind for hundreds of hours with hundreds of gold and mats. It would be nice to earn them through guild coms, pristine relics, or laurels like the trinkets. Right now the pve “endgame” is just farm farm farm so you can craft craft craft.

OP if you want to have fun, try WvW or arenas.

Posted by: Sterling.6908

Sterling.6908

Quit three weeks after release, and literally just came back here two weeks ago.

But this time I’m pumped and semi-hooked. I transferred to a T1 server, I’m playing “Catch up” in regards to gearing + economically + crafting, I got an elementalist to 80 (something I wanted to do a long time ago) and I’m pumped for WvW.

If it wasn’t for the economy of the game though, I’d probably not be playing it right now to be honest.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

the only things that really get me down about this game is the poor balance, the fact that a lot of your farming is highly dependent on other players, and the storyline was pretty wishy washy for a long time..

though, this years living world seems to have had better implementation in that it has catered to a broader range of players.. four winds and pavilion were my two least favorite releases previously, but this time around it seems less shabby

or was this thread just a jab at there being no ‘end game’ or ‘expansion’
{makes huge quotation gesture}?

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

nibblesalil.3561

The game really needs better ways of getting ascended armor and weapons. Crafting them requires insane farm/grind for hundreds of hours with hundreds of gold and mats. It would be nice to earn them through guild coms, pristine relics, or laurels like the trinkets. Right now the pve “endgame” is just farm farm farm so you can craft craft craft.

WvW you can only do for 2 hours thats it then you get chucked out and have to wait for god knows how long ?? what im saying is where the things we was promised ? expansions , New content , Anything to really do , Everything nerfed its like the players are being punished for playing the game it is now a GRIND !! WvW really isnt an alternative to them doing something to expand the game

p.s like my capitals on that one ?

nibblesalil.3561

Quit three weeks after release, and literally just came back here two weeks ago.

But this time I’m pumped and semi-hooked. I transferred to a T1 server, I’m playing “Catch up” in regards to gearing + economically + crafting, I got an elementalist to 80 (something I wanted to do a long time ago) and I’m pumped for WvW.

If it wasn’t for the economy of the game though, I’d probably not be playing it right now to be honest.

the economy is going bad quickly its like gw2 wants to remove all gold you can earn for you to just buy it your basic " cash grab " if you ask me , i just think WvW only works for a limited time i dont see the point

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

Yes. Months ago.

Did I ever consider playing another game, no. The choices were meh at best. Then AA (Archeage) came out and I gave it a try. You know why I am playing GW2 + AA both now?

AA has:

Class Swapping (Like GW1 – except you can change your Primary as well)
Class Combos (Like GW1 – except instead of 2 you can have 3 at once)

(Someone sure saw the success of GW1’s system… too bad it wasn’t GW2 that saw it and kept it.)

*Oh wait the two things EVERYONE thought GW2 was going to have! * Because you know GW1 made it amazing… … … … … … … (need more ellipsis for dramatic effect)

It also has dueling, open world WvW/PvP and… PIRATES!

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

(edited by Ashadow.6874)

nibblesalil.3561

the only things that really get me down about this game is the poor balance, the fact that a lot of your farming is highly dependent on other players, and the storyline was pretty wishy washy for a long time..

though, this years living world seems to have had better implementation in that it has catered to a broader range of players.. four winds and pavilion were my two least favorite releases previously, but this time around it seems less shabby

or was this thread just a jab at there being no ‘end game’ or ‘expansion’
{makes huge quotation gesture}?

no this thread is at the lack of balance but also about how they put a lot of effort for them to make a new skin every week a new something new in the gem store and no improvement to the game , it seems to hit a brick wall , so they open something else new in a hope to get players back but that’s only temp where the real new content ?? wheres the permanent content ? where is the we’ve opened more of orr or more place to explore or more things to do new places ? you get to 80 you map complete WvW 2 hours maybe then what ? whats next ? smh it doesn’t seem like they even care about the game just making money " gem shop gem shop " what im saying is without fail they can get you a new skin a new something you have to pay for but wheres the content ?? it gets you down they nerfed everything like i have previously said your basic " cash grab " is all its turned out to be

(edited by nibblesalil.3561)

Xenon.4537

WvW you can only do for 2 hours thats it then you get chucked out and have to wait for god knows how long ?? what im saying is where the things we was promised ? expansions , New content , Anything to really do , Everything nerfed its like the players are being punished for playing the game it is now a GRIND !! WvW really isnt an alternative to them doing something to expand the game

Good use of capitals :P

Anyway, first off 2 hour time limit then kicked from wvw? What? If you get bored of wvw that’s another story and I can relate (I don’t play it much myself to be honest).

Game does need an honest to god, traditional, full-sized expansion with all the expected content and amenities. If you want an answer to why they haven’t started developing one yet, I think you can blame NCSoft for choosing to diversify their revenue stream. NCSoft is smart to hedge their bets rather than double down, but what is best for NCSoft isn’t necessarily best for Anet and GW2.

In case you were wondering, NCSoft are the company that pays Anet. Rest assured that some or most of your gem store money goes straight into NCSoft’s pocket, not Anet’s.

It’s likely that these small living story patches are all Anet can afford to develop. A full blown expansion would require a bigger budget.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I’m disappointed in GW2. Especially after the newest patches. Previously I would come back every time there was a new living story but now the last update left a really bad taste in my mouth. I was in several different MMO betas and only one stuck on me. I’ll be playing the MMO whose headstart begins at May 31st and the one that fully releases at June 3rd.

nibblesalil.3561

Good use of capitals :P

Anyway, first off 2 hour time limit then kicked from wvw? What? If you get bored of wvw that’s another story and I can relate (I don’t play it much myself to be honest).

Game does need an honest to god, traditional, full-sized expansion with all the expected content and amenities. If you want an answer to why they haven’t started developing one yet, I think you can blame NCSoft for choosing to diversify their revenue stream. NCSoft is smart to hedge their bets rather than double down, but what is best for NCSoft isn’t necessarily best for Anet and GW2.

In case you were wondering, NCSoft are the company that pays Anet. Rest assured that some or most of your gem store money goes straight into NCSoft’s pocket, not Anet’s.

It’s likely that these small living story patches are all Anet can afford to develop. A full blown expansion would require a bigger budget.

i have made a comment to such effect they never get listened to neither " ignorance is bliss " it seems

(edited by nibblesalil.3561)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Bored? Maybe but that is not a very good description. There are things to do and some of it is still fun but motivation to do any of it seems to have evaporated.

Shallow might be a better description. There are plenty of things to repeat but nothing really in depth. Events have 0 variation. Sure even with 6 or 7 world completions you can still run into an event you’ve never seen before but if you have seen a handful of events then you’ve seen them all.

Try new builds? Motivational issue here as well. In GW1 my build was always evolving because many of the missions required different things. In GW2 you can pretty much run the same build everywhere.

I don’t think that would help much.
It might improve things slightly but once you have all of them then what? You are right back at where you started.

Mirta.5029

i have made a comment to such effect , Wildstar seems to have gotten the better deal as it seems to me smh , i find its tragic how a good game is now just going to waste …… smh

Anet has over 300 employees and how they use them is entirely up to them. Also before people start blaming Ncsoft – did anyone notice that this update was down the hill mostly because China has a completely different publisher and they wanted to make our version more like China’s?

nibblesalil.3561

i have made a comment to such effect , Wildstar seems to have gotten the better deal as it seems to me smh , i find its tragic how a good game is now just going to waste …… smh

Anet has over 300 employees and how they use them is entirely up to them. Also before people start blaming Ncsoft – did anyone notice that this update was down the hill mostly because China has a completely different publisher and they wanted to make our version more like China’s?

no one is blaming anyone but you it seems and now your off the topic try to stay on it please

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Your acting under the assumption that it takes equal amount of effort, expertise and time to create playable content and gem-store items (which it doesn’t).

You’re also assuming that they aren’t currently working on any content which, if this post is gives any indicator, will give you what you ask; permanant content.

On another note, people were complaining about the aquisition of some Adept traits, which they adjusted in this patch, which also shows that they are listening to feedback and working towards fixing issues.

I will say though, I don’t agree with the focus of putting the majority of armour into the store, and the whole ‘gems to gold’ posts in the blogs do leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

I’m disappointed in GW2. Especially after the newest patches. Previously I would come back every time there was a new living story but now the last update left a really bad taste in my mouth. I was in several different MMO betas and only one stuck on me. I’ll be playing the MMO whose headstart begins at May 31st and the one that fully releases at June 3rd.

Enjoy the community of 12 year olds that filled “that other MMO”, but now have access to bunnies and swearing.

nibblesalil.3561

Your acting under the assumption that it takes equal amount of effort, expertise and time to create playable content and gem-store items (which it doesn’t).

You’re also assuming that they aren’t currently working on any content which, if this post is gives any indicator, will give you what you ask; permanant content.

On another note, people were complaining about the aquisition of some Adept traits, which they adjusted in this patch, which also shows that they are listening to feedback and working towards fixing issues.

I will say though, I don’t agree with the focus of putting the majority of armour into the store, and the whole ‘gems to gold’ posts in the blogs do leave a bad taste in my mouth.

thats not what im saying at all we have waited a long time and they go yes the expansions are coming , They can promise the world words are cheap very at the moment , im saying to anet where is the content we wait and wait and wait a year later still where is it ? there is only so much time someone is prepared to wait till you just get bored and leave

TheDaiBish.9735

thats not what im saying at all we have waited a long time and they go yes the expansions are coming , They can promise the world words are cheap very at the moment , im saying to anet where is the content we wait and wait and wait a year later still where is it ? there is only so much time someone is prepared to wait till you just get bored and leave

They’ve never said an expansion is coming; on the contrary, they’ve said they’re focusing on the LS at the moment and have no current plans for an expansion.

Also, I don’t know how much you frequent the forums, but at the moment the content has been put on hold because of the China launch. As for the past year, most of the content has been temporary, which everyone knows. That’s where most of the content was; been and gone.

And yes, while words are cheap, it doesn’t change the fact that they’ve let us know that new content won’t be starting until after the China launch. Until they actually start releasing said content, they can’t make good on their word, neither can they called liars on their statements for future content.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

nibblesalil.3561

They’ve never said an expansion is coming; on the contrary, they’ve said they’re focusing on the LS at the moment and have no current plans for an expansion.

Also, I don’t know how much you frequent the forums, but at the moment the content has been put on hold because of the China launch. As for the past year, most of the content has been temporary, which everyone knows. That’s where most of the content was; been and gone.

And yes, while words are cheap, it doesn’t change the fact that they’ve let us know that new content won’t be starting until after the China launch. Until they actually start releasing said content, they can’t make good on their word, neither can they called liars on their statements for future content.

il tell you how i see it , Good luck in china your going need it gw2 its going be like a whole new game with no one else around i hope it was worth it

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

Until they actually start releasing said content, they can’t make good on their word, neither can they called liars on their statements for future content.

I disagree. They can be questioned based on past performance. Frankly, the China thing is a sign of a larger problem along with the constant gem-only content.

Simply put, Anet has sold out.

I think we all keep coming back in hopes we find out they have found that spark again. Unfortunately, they’ve probably released more content through the gemstore than they’ve released content that has stuck in the game.

And frankly, it’s getting to the point where they really owe us an apology for selling out so bad. I’m actually completely disappointed with Anet that they’ve let such a promising property become all about the gem store.

Xenon.4537

Anet has over 300 employees

300 is actually kinda small for a triple A game developer these days. Also keep in mind many of those employees don’t actually get their hands dirty making anything as you might think. Some of them their only job is to brows these forums, consolidate our feedback into bullet points, and deliver it to the higher-ups. Others are solely responsible for maintaining this website. While I do appreciate “community coordinators” and such, I doubt they have anything to do with adding a new race to the game, creating a new dungeon, physically decorating environments, modeling new weapons and armor, or designing skill/combat mechanics.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Yes, I’m bored of GW2. Honestly, only the friendly chats with my guild and lack of other fun things to do is what’s keeping me playing. I don’t care for the dailies at all, I’ve already lost my interest in the PvP reward tracks, and though I want to start a new character to try and “restart” my GW2 experience with the new leveling set-ups, I don’t have the gumption to do such.

Hopefully, Season 2 will change this.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

TheDaiBish.9735

I disagree. They can be questioned based on past performance. Frankly, the China thing is a sign of a larger problem along with the constant gem-only content.

Simply put, Anet has sold out.

I think we all keep coming back in hopes we find out they have found that spark again. Unfortunately, they’ve probably released more content through the gemstore than they’ve released content that has stuck in the game.

While I agree they as a company can be judged on past performance, you can’t judge future content that you haven’t played; for example, dungeons at launch and Fractals. It’s opinion, but I think the Fractals were an improvement on the dungeons from launch.

Also, they have told us, time and time again, that content updates would resume after the launch of China, since the updates would be released within days of each other. As for content vs gemstore items, content, regardless whether it was temporary or permanent, was still content that was playable for those playing the game. You can’t simply not count that content.

As for the continuing gem-store updates, if it’s a case that they have a dedicated gem-store team, you can’t reasonably expect them to sit around doing nothing.

I can’t agree with the ‘sold out’ comment. It’s not as if they’ve completely stopped development for EU/NA – heck, the last new patch we had was only just over a month ago. I would say the patch from 2 days ago, but that mostly had the assets created for it anyway. Not to mention you’re assuming that they’re not currently making content, judging from your ‘sold out’ comment.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: irk.2047

irk.2047

mind set of these threads

1: “help I beat the game to my hearts content, why is there no game left to play? I demand more game”
2: “I’m moving to another game that is better”
3: repeat steps 1-2

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

1: “help I beat the game to my hearts content, why is there no game left to play? I demand more game”

the goal of developers is to keep these guys coming back and spending money periodically. So yeah, they have to either create a content someone loves to play again and again, or keep creating new content, or both. Thats the business they are in. If they cant do it, and were only good for one release, well i guess they can just keep trying to release in new markets. that could last a decent amount of years. I mean they have already made profit and continue to profit, the only question is if they are maximizing profit, who knows, who cares, as a player my main goal is to have an entertaining game to play. Right now, i havent played GW2 much, in last few weeks, and not feeling much need to. So ehh

Posted by: irk.2047

irk.2047

the goal of developers is to keep these guys coming back and spending money periodically. So yeah, they have to either create a content someone loves to play again and again, or keep creating new content, or both. Thats the business they are in. If they cant do it, and were only good for one release, well i guess they can just keep trying to release in new markets. that could last a decent amount of years. I mean they have already made profit and continue to profit, the only question is if they are maximizing profit, who knows, who cares, as a player my main goal is to have an entertaining game to play. Right now, i havent played GW2 much, in last few weeks, and not feeling much need to. So ehh

yes, this is true, but when people ask for more content in the form of expansions and my previous post validates itself. The Living Story is a great answer to the problem, but so far, Anet has not hit the mark as to what people are looking for. Even if the event does well however, people manage to complete the content in a single day only to complain about it as if Anet didn’t spend a lot of time building it.

I’m also at the eeehh, point with GW2, but I keep coming back to it since its the only MMO out that fills the void of MMOs I am willing to play.

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

There’s stuff to do at 80. It’s just all that stuff is broken.

To elaborate, you can start running megabosses. But it gets pretty boring when most of it is just Zerg.

You can start running fotm or dungeons, but with the zerker meta you feel really confined.

Mirta.5029

Enjoy the community of 12 year olds that filled “that other MMO”, but now have access to bunnies and swearing.

actually the community that stayed after the beta seems very mature. 30 is the average age of the guildies in the guild that I joined in that game. And it’s mostly because it reminds people of the original EQ.

300 is actually kinda small for a triple A game developer these days. Also keep in mind many of those employees don’t actually get their hands dirty making anything as you might think. Some of them their only job is to brows these forums, consolidate our feedback into bullet points, and deliver it to the higher-ups. Others are solely responsible for maintaining this website. While I do appreciate “community coordinators” and such, I doubt they have anything to do with adding a new race to the game, creating a new dungeon, physically decorating environments, modeling new weapons and armor, or designing skill/combat mechanics.

With them doing the feedback threads from time to time I don’t think that they have a lot of people dedicated to forum browsing. Especially having in mind that last year not only were they growing but had dedicated teams that produced content every 2 weeks. There was even content that could have made permanent (all the dungeons that were chipped to pieces and made into fractals), so I don’t think that they lack developers that could make n expansion.

Posted by: carabidus.6214

carabidus.6214

the economy is going bad quickly its like gw2 wants to remove all gold you can earn for you to just buy it your basic " cash grab " if you ask me

Want to experience a truly bad economy? Try ESO and the utter failure called the “guild store” and zone chat festooned with WTB/WTS spamming. Trust me, I didn’t know what a bad MMO economy was until I played that game. It didn’t take me very long to unsub from that pail of swill…

The megaserver-wide GW2 TP is utopian by comparison…

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Pretty much, killing time til WS release. Logged in yesterday to see if anything was exciting and new w/the Four Winds (didn’t expect anything new or better), pass, been there done that.

Did see they finally added a good looking hammer skin (Phoenix). I have had one ticket sitting in my bank for the last few months, it had taken me World completionx2 and saving every random key drop since day one of release to muster one ticket so I bought it! Then I logged cause their was nothing exciting to smash w/it.

I beat GW2, first time I can say that about a mmo. I may log to do some WvW sometime this week, but looking at the same maps since release gets real old.

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

Honestly, I just come back.
The temporary content, aka the race to do content before is lost forever, aka Living World drove me away.
Hopefuly they will improve the handling this time…

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

Of course I’m bored, 2 years and no new classes, weapons, skills, anything, I’ve been playing the exact same way since launch.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I’m more fed up than bored. I log in when I have nothing else to do. Every time I consider actually buying gems, they do something like what they pulled with the Pavilion. I’m a loot person, yes, but what really ticked me off was the removal of the XP from the vets and other mobs.

Haven’t dropped a dime into the gemstore since last summer, and I don’t intend to any time soon. They have stated they have not even considered an expansion, they’ve admitted that China is driving the changes being made on our version of the game (see: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fotfw/Zephyr-Sanctum-has-no-energy-now/first ), and they are consistently removing loot and gold sources from the game.

It’s almost as if they are intentionally trying to kill the game.

Evidence that I see:
-There have been many complaints over the past year about loot getting nerfed, and gold getting nerfed etc.
-A short while ago, a dev video about Wildstar comes out regarding their raid content, highlighting at least once that loot is a major draw for doing their content.
-Not long after that, GW2 says on their facebook page “hey, Wildstar is in beta, check it out” (translation: go see our competitors game)
-And then finally we have tuesdays “patch”, where in GW2’s supposed open world raid content is pushed out with next to no loot, and dismal XP gain.

Give me a tin foil hat if you want, but I think they are trying to push people away.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

Not bored, but lost a ton of interest when they implemented this two.

1.) Megaservers.
2.) WvW lockouts upon transfering to another server.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

At this point, yes I’m having a hard time logging in, and even when I do, I get my dailies and leave. ANet has nerfed everything to oblivion, and recycled LS “content”… now with kitten garbage “maybe you might get a green item wooo” loot. I liked the gem shop at first. Now that I’m being shoved into it like coal into a burning furnace, I’m starting to really hate it.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: exp.3178

exp.3178

I’m bored to a point were god won’t send you. But i’ve played a korean grind game ( 9Dragons) for 6 years, so i’m used to publishers who say we gonna do it your way and doing the opposite. With the megaserver (less cost in servers because there are more ppl on one server), no loot LS ( logical we have all to much gold), no expansion (LS is cheaper to implant). They want us to pay. I’m now wishing they had a monthly subscription, so we could have our loot, servers (and free transfers), and expansion.
I am totally fed up with the fact that this game is getting a new 9Dragons. But i will be playing it to the end.
Oh i forget to tell, I hate monthly subscriptions. I will never buy a game that does have it, but i like the basics of this game (after playing it almost 2 years) so much that when they would give me back all we had, I would pay for it. I want back the farms, the loot, the servers (man i payed 2400 gems in gold for a travel and now i see the same ppl ingame), guesting, worldbosses a randomly ( not as it now is log in and join the lag zerg for the bosses). I want back the fun.
greetz exp

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I think all games can develop the boredom factor if you’ve played it enough. MMOs are especially this way due to our ability to burn through content faster than it can be made, although developer/company laziness can exacerbate this reality.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

No I’m not. This, aside from GW1, is the only MMO I don’t get bored with.

Posted by: Gilgamesh.1025

Gilgamesh.1025

YES!!! It is getting boring. I got all class to level 80. Only two class with map completion. I am only able to buy one legendary, yes, buy. RNG don’t like me with Precursor drop.

I am not a fan of WvW (not much reward). I do pvp sometimes, but always felt it is very unbalance and broken.

LS is too short and I cannot play it on my own time.

where is the story? it has been two years now and all we got is the personal story (not fun after the first time around) and the LS that is no longer do-able unless you play by anet time in the past.

I find myself playing gw1 more and more. I hunt skills, get new heros, play normal and hard mode story, do master quest, get more tokens for those HoM weapons and so on. <—- why isn’t all/most of that in GW2?

I felt so happy and rewarded when I get my black moa chick!!! YAY! ahaha

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

Not getting bored, mostly burned out, not by the game, but by the decisions of the devs.

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Get in a good guild with voice. We are on every night 9-mindinght and know everyone as a friend. A good guild is game changer.

Mirta.5029

Get in a good guild with voice. We are on every night 9-mindinght and know everyone as a friend. A good guild is game changer.

I was in a good guild. A guild alone only takes you so far.

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

yes, this is true, but when people ask for more content in the form of expansions and my previous post validates itself. The Living Story is a great answer to the problem, but so far, Anet has not hit the mark as to what people are looking for. Even if the event does well however, people manage to complete the content in a single day only to complain about it as if Anet didn’t spend a lot of time building it.

I’m also at the eeehh, point with GW2, but I keep coming back to it since its the only MMO out that fills the void of MMOs I am willing to play.

When people say " expansion" they are not talking about " Living Story."

Players want a couple of new classes… maybe a new race or two. Completely new weapons for those Classes…. and a whole new map to explore… Remember Cantha and Elona in gw1??

THOSE ARE EXPANSIONS.

Living Story, as entertaining as it may be, does not qualify as an expansion.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

To be brief, yes.

To be a bit more detailed, I am trying to stay passionate about this game. I think Anet is on to something grand but they honestly seems a bit overwhelmed. Like they know how big GW2 could be but they aren’t clutch enough to handle the pressure of it all. They have good concepts and the best intentions but the always seem to swing the pendulum a bit too far.

In time they will probably get their footing and GW2 will even out with consistency and portioned hype. It is a solid game but to be great is going to require different people than they have now.

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

I’m putting GW2 on halt and playing neverwinter and path of exile until there’s new content. With 11 80s no new contents it’s sure getting bored. Will save my 2000g for future use.

vvuevv

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

I took a few months off a while back, but as it stands now, I’m not even close to being bored with this game!