any special effects for Flameseeker?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

So I made my first Legendary last night, The Flameseeker Prophecies. Unlike others I’ve not noticed any effects, like foot steps and auras. Or am I missing something?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

As an off hand only weapon it does not have foot step or auras. Same thing goes for The Minstrel (focus) and I believe the torch is the same way.

You can wiki it they give the full details.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

None of the offhand only Legendaries produce footsteps (I’m pretty sure anyway), some have skill effects though and animations.

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Are you the one that outbid me?

shakes fist at Belial

Congrats, man. But to my knowledge, only the main-hand legendaries have special footsteps. The main thing for Flameseeker is the different visual when it is equipped.

Andraus.3874

It’s still a cool shield tho. And with Mesmer getting shield im sure it will be much more popular.

Also I just realized The Howler does have some more effects as it has foot prints but they are terrible. And the overall effects for that weapon were taken out/ nerfed

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Does anyone know if FSP produces special weapon effects for Chronomancer? Just from trying it on the beta?

Andraus.3874

Does anyone know if FSP produces special weapon effects for Chronomancer? Just from trying it on the beta?

You mean are any of the shield skills different when having FSP equipped? i don’t know but I seriously doubt it. really the only thing legendary weapons change is your projectiles if they are ranged.

BrotherBelial.3094

Are you the one that outbid me?

shakes fist at Belial

Congrats, man. But to my knowledge, only the main-hand legendaries have special footsteps. The main thing for Flameseeker is the different visual when it is equipped.

I bought The Chosen last night for 475g. I got fed up of sitting on the other 3 gifts. So it wasn’t me who out bid you.

Thanks for the reply’s. Yes it is an amazing looking shield. Its the only legendary I like the look of. I’m hoping for the new ones to look more like ornate weapons, over the practical effects that we have with the current ones. With luck there will be a nice great sword. The current ones look like a kitten’s toy. I can see a kitten rolling on its back just pawing the blade.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Very nice. I’ve still got a ways to go (need more T6, icy, onyx, etc), but getting there.

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

Howler and Rodgort have footfall effects (though Howler’s are very subtle), so not all off-hand-only -legendaries lack them.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Posted by: lokh.2695

lokh.2695

If you look really close, you’ll see that the book on the face of the shield flips a page if you use a skill.

that’s about it.

Still I like the shield a lot and never regretted building it

+ : Keyrings, Underwater-Combat, Build Templates
- : Mounts, ViP-Player systems, HoT-like Xpacs
Have a nice day.

Posted by: Akachi.1352

Akachi.1352

As an off hand only weapon it does not have foot step or auras. Same thing goes for The Minstrel (focus) and I believe the torch is the same way.

Flameseeker Prophecies is only one without footsteps, Minstrel has note footsteps and Rodgort has flame footsteps

BrotherBelial.3094

If you look really close, you’ll see that the book on the face of the shield flips a page if you use a skill.

that’s about it.

Still I like the shield a lot and never regretted building it

Yeah I noticed than, I looked at the wiki page, but its not been updated in some time. So I wasn’t sure if it had not been documented. I don’t regret making it. Will look great with my Revenant. My main Human Warrior is rocking it with a Dragon Breath Sword. In T3 Human too. I think he looks the business.

So If it’s the only one with out foot falls, I wonder if ANet will add some to it. It’s kind of a jip that its the only with out.

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

None of the offhand only Legendaries produce footsteps (I’m pretty sure anyway), some have skill effects though and animations.

Rodgort has footfalls.

Andraus.3874

Flameseeker Prophecies is only one without footsteps, Minstrel has note footsteps and Rodgort has flame footsteps

Minstrel does not have footfall effects.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Minstrel