anybody getting bored of open-w-pve?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Anybody else getting bored of open world PvE now?

I try to continue to do the meta events, but most of them are just AA fest,,, with a few good meta events, but with long cooldowns, and require team coordination and population, which some reason the game still doesnt have a good server merge feature yet, even with Megaservers.

I cant wait to play HoT again. To get new places to play in, with new meta events that will be different and harder on a low population maps in a balanced way. Also gliding was lots of fun.

But I really want something different for world PvE. Elite Specs should add to the fun element in PvE. Plan to play classes I dont normally play, using their elite specs.

but the PvE content itself, Improve overall from the vanilla world PvE.

Think I may do some PvP or something. WvW is also dead on my server.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

We’re here on a forum talking about game and not playing game, bored, yeah.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Naaa. Not bored. I got my daily to do. Then…… ummm….. Let’s see what else…… Farm some geodes then……..

Well, anyway. Not bored.

Well, maybe a teeny bit bored.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Welcome to the club ?

For most people Open world content has been boring for the better part of 2 years.

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

No, I’m disappointed there isn’t more open world content.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Tired of doing several world bosses because I have done them over and over? Yes.
Tired of the concept in general? No.
And as this is the logical consequence of this thread:
Tired of asking for raids or raids in general? Y E S

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m not tired of open-world content; I’m just ready for something new.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

I dabble in all game modes (PvX), but I also add something to the game on my OWN, which has helped my boredom!

ROLE PLAYING!

Yes, trust me, role playing adds so much more to a MMORPG, because you actually act as your character, develop a story, and even travel Tyria, in a whole new way when you incorporate roleplaying. I have gone on many adventures with other Roleplayers during my time in Tyria, and let me tell you, without RPing, id be bored by now. You see the game differently than just grind, grind, grind. Sadly lots of people in GW2 and other MMOs are GRIND ZOMBIES and do not realize that by Roleplaying and getting in touch with your character, do you really open up other exciting ways to play a MMORPG.

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

I have so many characters getting in touch with them would either be an orgy or an overtime job.

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

I have so many characters getting in touch with them would either be an orgy or an overtime job.

I only have 2, MAX will be 3 with Rev. I hate ALTs, but realize I want to play other classes to. But I needed to balance myself, due to being a RPer. Depending on how HARDCORE you are, its good to have from 1-5 chrs. Due to the fact that focusing on developing a character for RP is a lengthy process but highly enjoyable.

Everyone should check out the GuildWars2 Roleplaying Website. There are always RP EVENTS listed which are created by the players and not ANET. Role playing events promote fun, adventure and more. EU and NA servers.

http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I’m actually not.

I guess it depends on the events. I don’t run around in champ trains or doing world bosses, except tequatl and triple trouble. Whenever there’s an event up, I’ll often find myself being the one to do it solo, which can mean quite a bit when you end up fighting a champion.

In legacy content, yeah some of the events can be quite boring. I find drytop and silverwastes events to be much more challenging.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Very much bored.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

More open world stuff would be great, not totally bored but much is getting stale.

It’d be cool if they revisited the old maps to change some the standard map events for newer ones to indicate the passage of the past 3 years while still maintaining play-ability for new players.

I have hopes HoT will be big enough to keep it fresh for a bit and to allow some time to pass as I play it so I forget many older map events so those too will be more fun again when I do return to them.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Well before they had living story and special events coming up to make change in game. This have not been the case for what is it now? Half a year? Maybe more? well i dont count the dragon event it was like a week. I realise they are busy with expansion, but people are bored and stop log in, so they should throw in a event, something, ANYTHING!!

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Anybody else getting bored of open world PvE now?

I try to continue to do the meta events, but most of them are just AA fest,,, with a few good meta events, but with long cooldowns, and require team coordination and population, which some reason the game still doesnt have a good server merge feature yet, even with Megaservers.

I cant wait to play HoT again. To get new places to play in, with new meta events that will be different and harder on a low population maps in a balanced way. Also gliding was lots of fun.

But I really want something different for world PvE. Elite Specs should add to the fun element in PvE. Plan to play classes I dont normally play, using their elite specs.

but the PvE content itself, Improve overall from the vanilla world PvE.

Think I may do some PvP or something. WvW is also dead on my server.

you mean you’ve been farming the same no risk content for 3 years now, and you are getting bored just NOW?

Man….

But yeah, do some spvp, once you get used to being beaten to a pulp, it starts getting fun.

Posted by: Jimson.5168

Jimson.5168

Since I simply stopped logging in at all 4 days ago (no clue why, just stopped). I might be just a tiny bit bored but fatigue might be as much the cause as boredom… I was playing at least 4 hours a day. It’s certainly not lack of interest in the game… after all, I traded Godslost Swamp for Phorum Swamp. Seems to be lots of shadow beasts around here to keep things interesting but I’ll probably go back and mine copper nodes or some equally exciting activity in-game when navigating around here in the Phorum Swamp gets boring.

(edited by Jimson.5168)

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

The stuff in anything under 80 is boring, yeah. I have been almost everywhere so many times that there are not a lot of surprises. Even anything new in them often fits the theme going around it.

Level 80 zones (outside of safe areas, like forts) keep you on your toes though. Try taking a casual stroll through SW or Cursed Shore. Sure, you will see patterns like where monsters are quickly but you will always have to keep an eye out.

(edited by Menadena.7482)

Jimson.5168

SW and Cursed Shore are no more or less boring than Queensdale imo. Once you have a character that is tough enough to survive wandering around solo there it becomes just another place to farm ghost peppers, black crocus, ancient, and elder not to mention ori and mithril. I only kill things that get in my when I’m farming.

Something that might pique someone’s interest would be live events where Anet employees became actors in an open scripted scenario. This has been tried before in another game but is extremely difficult to maintain 24/7 worldwide.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

We’ve been doing the same content for about 3 years (well apart from SW and Dry Top) so it’s bound to be a bit boring.

I’m mostly just logging in for daily rewards and doing my dailies most days. I’m also logging in on all my alts to do some tree farming for Foxfire and I also went through a material farming spree with them for ascended crafting but that’s just waypointing about to harvest materials so it’s not really playing that much.

On a positive note it’s a real sign of how enjoyable the core gameplay in GW2 is that we can still stand to do the same content after 3 years. I hope that HoT gives it a much needed shot in the arm for another couple of years.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Open world PVE wouldn’t be as bad if 80-90% of the zones where not scaled down. Boring when you just run around 2-3 shotting everything.

They really need to just remove levels and have all zones balanced around 80. When you constantly have to upscale and downscale everything shows how redundant a leveling system is.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I hae one answer: August 29, Challenging Group Content announcement.

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

I really like doing stuff in open world, it’s my preferred way of playing the game. The problem is that it hasn’t seen any major additions to it for a long time. Almost no new singular or chain events events and it’s overall less rewarding than other game modes.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

I didn’t played a lof of MMO’s, but from the ones that I played, there was only one that I never got tired of opevn-world pve, and it was ragnarok online.

Gw2 is a totally different game, and it is my most loved game of all times, dont gonna lie about it. But yes, I feel like there is a missing feeling of thrilling to explore. Enter in hard-level areas, where is fun and frightneing to explore.

I blame part of it to the casuality the game have been built in, and another part in the waypoint system that allows fast travel, so its easy to rush trough any area and if I die there is no problem on it – I can res up 15 feets away from where I died and keep going.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Open world PVE wouldn’t be as bad if 80-90% of the zones where not scaled down. Boring when you just run around 2-3 shotting everything.

Have you even played in low level zones since the trait system revamp ?
The downscaling now works so that in low zones a level 80 in full exotic has
LESS stats than a newbie in blue or green stuff.

Tired of doing several world bosses because I have done them over and over? Yes.

+1 to this

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

BrooksP.4318

Admittedly I have not, only been doing Orr and SW since update, but will give it a shot. However that still doesn’t take away from the 2nd point, in that levels are a unnecessary and redundant feature.

Beldin.5498

Admittedly I have not, only been doing Orr and SW since update, but will give it a shot. However that still doesn’t take away from the 2nd point, in that levels are a unnecessary and redundant feature.

Removing levels would crash the whole economy since we no longer would need
kitten in crafting beside T2-T4 stuff that is needed in ascended crafting.
So if we only have now mithril and orichalcum in all zones, ascended crafting
also must be changed to mithril / ori only.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Player progression is pretty standard practice in an MMO. The scaling system in GW2 actually does the opposite; it keeps the lower level zones from becoming unnecessary and redundant. Most other MMOs, once you level past the lower zones, you never go back, because a) you don’t get XP for killing things b) you don’t get loot and c) nothing even attacks you because you are so powerful.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Have you tried taking a low level into a much higher level? Not a 50 into a 60, a 10 into a 40.

Yes, you may know exactly what will happen there but you will have to look at that map a completely different way!

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Nope. I prefer open world contents, no matter i can play 10mins or 2hours, i can hop in hop out as i see fit, without hurting my allies.

SW VW to be my favorite type of content so far, i hope to see more of similar map treatment in HoT.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Yeah I’m kinda bored lately.
I crafted a 2nd ascended set (a heavy one now) to try to fill the void, I also crafted almost every ranger asc weapon (still need the shortbow and torch) I even got a staff already, I have every class at lvl 80 already and a legendary, so nowadays I just log, open a JP chests with my lvl 21’s do the PvP daily and logoff.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

I’m not bored, but then I don’t do the same thing day in and day out. I prefer and enjoy open world PvE.

BrooksP.4318

Removing levels would crash the whole economy since we no longer would need
kitten in crafting beside T2-T4 stuff that is needed in ascended crafting.
So if we only have now mithril and orichalcum in all zones, ascended crafting
also must be changed to mithril / ori only.

Crafting could utilize different mats in different ways outside of what it is now. Mats could be acquired in the same areas, but different grades could yield/use the different mats instead of it being level based. Obvious changes would be needed but the overall change if done right wouldn’t destroy the economy. Not like the current economy is well done in its current state anyways.

Player progression is pretty standard practice in an MMO. The scaling system in GW2 actually does the opposite; it keeps the lower level zones from becoming unnecessary and redundant. Most other MMOs, once you level past the lower zones, you never go back, because a) you don’t get XP for killing things b) you don’t get loot and c) nothing even attacks you because you are so powerful.

While leveling is standard practice in MMOs, GW2 is not designed to be a standard MMO. However since they decided to make the initial stages standard and the end result “unique” it creates the need for scaling, dailies to promote area usage, loot scaling, etc. Remove levels and let the players decide what progression they want based off where they like, instead of creating level based zones, having to tinker with scaling, and limiting changes based off of it being a “low level area”.

New player progression could easily be done utilizing the PS and the new trait system. Levels and having leveled zones only limit the usage by trying to guide players through them while leveling only for them to hit 80 and think “what now”… Do the dailies in the same areas you power leveled through :GW2Endgame:.

E: To simplify this, GW2 wants to be a sandbox(which usually doesn’t have levels), but doesn’t seem to have the balls to do it. So they halfass a themepark leveling system with a sandbox endgame. Then wonder why they fall into the trap of having to always try and release content quickly just to keep up.

(edited by BrooksP.4318)

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

I dabble in all game modes (PvX), but I also add something to the game on my OWN, which has helped my boredom!

ROLE PLAYING!

Yes, trust me, role playing adds so much more to a MMORPG, because you actually act as your character, develop a story, and even travel Tyria, in a whole new way when you incorporate roleplaying. I have gone on many adventures with other Roleplayers during my time in Tyria, and let me tell you, without RPing, id be bored by now. You see the game differently than just grind, grind, grind. Sadly lots of people in GW2 and other MMOs are GRIND ZOMBIES and do not realize that by Roleplaying and getting in touch with your character, do you really open up other exciting ways to play a MMORPG.

We should rp, i wanna try! :P

Equilibriator.8741

+1 to this

honestly, this is probably a good thing. we should be better at the game than newbs anyway and atleast this way, newbies get to feel powerful as they start the game, encouraging them to play on.

EDIT: we also have traits and full skills. seems balanced to me.

(edited by Equilibriator.8741)

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

This game is getting stale, no new contents since they killed the living story. And Anet is stringing us along till HoT, happily collecting our prepaid money with nothing to show for it.

Equilibriator.8741

This game is getting stale, no new contents since they killed the living story. And Anet is stringing us along till HoT, happily collecting our prepaid money with nothing to show for it.

dont preorder, wait till its out. Im just as concerned as you but ill hold my judgement till its released and the first skeptics get a chance to review it.

Shen Slayer.3058

dont preorder, wait till its out. Im just as concerned as you but ill hold my judgement till its released and the first skeptics get a chance to review it.

I would suggest people not to preorder also, especially if they might release HoT at the same time as the release of Fallout 4.

Beldin.5498

especially if they might release HoT at the same time as the release of Fallout 4.

Wow .. no new next better fantasy MMO on the horizon ?

I mean there is still Black Desert .. and don’t forget that Wildstar gets F2P .. this time
all the people that seek “challenging content” will really go there .. i really believe that

Equilibriator.8741

I would suggest people not to preorder also, especially if they might release HoT at the same time as the release of Fallout 4.

dont preorder fallout 4 either :P. Seriously. pre-ordering should be illegal with the amount of glitchy/unfinished/bad games that get released these days. Fallout 4 is going to be amazing, im super hyped for it, but i doubt their ability to release a finished, polished game given the game breaking glitches that have plagued my attempts to complete the previous games (skyrim too, thank god for console commands and pc in general, altho it took like a year+ for the game to go from low settings at launch, to ultra high with hd texture mods, etc. on the same computer).

BrooksP.4318

Never understood the concept of pre-ordering online content. It made sense when buying physical copies due to the finite amount, but not for something you will just download.

Shen Slayer.3058

dont preorder fallout 4 either :P. Seriously. pre-ordering should be illegal with the amount of glitchy/unfinished/bad games that get released these days. Fallout 4 is going to be amazing, im super hyped for it, but i doubt their ability to release a finished, polished game given the game breaking glitches that have plagued my attempts to complete the previous games (skyrim too, thank god for console commands and pc in general, altho it took like a year+ for the game to go from low settings at launch, to ultra high with hd texture mods, etc. on the same computer).

At least Fallout gives you a release date for the preorder, you will know when you will be playing it. Has Anet given any date…. but yet they want your money?

Equilibriator.8741

Never understood the concept of pre-ordering online content. It made sense when buying physical copies due to the finite amount, but not for something you will just download.

exactly, it makes sense when you are a total fan of something and you are getting an item that is collectible. These sort of things are invaluable to some people. Pre-ordering digital copy for the sake of pre-ordering tho is just….why?

back in the day people pre-ordered so their shop definitely had a copy for them ready. back in the day your local shop might only have bought 5 copies of the game on top of preorders, and those went fast.

Equilibriator.8741

At least Fallout gives you a release date for the preorder, you will know when you will be playing it. Has Anet given any date…. but yet they want your money?

yeeeeaaaaaahhh….it is a bit lame.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Not bored. I just made a new character the other day and I’m having fun leveling.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Beldin.5498

And i can already seen now that masses of people after release complain that
it is a bugged messed and never should have been released that early.

IF it is an MMO .. i have no clue if it is since i totally have no interest in that game
however since you post it here as it were a competitor to GW2 i at least expect
it would be an MMO .. else the next one posts that GW2 is dead because of
the next football game from EA coming out or whatever.

BrooksP.4318

Fallout 4 isn’t a MMO, but it is a wet dream of many for one.

Regardless the (off-topic)discussion seems to be about pre-orders, not competition. However any genre of gaming or entertainment in general can be considered competition since they are all competing for players time/money.

Fans of both right now have a choice of either pre-ordering Fallout 4 which has a release date, or HoT which does not.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m not bored with the concept of world PvE. I think ANet did a good job with it and the scaling down to fit the lower level so it’s still relevant is great.

I’m just bored with the old maps I’ve seen hundreds of time each since launch and the old events I’ve done so many time, I feel like I’ve done them all. When I go to a map, I never seem to see an event I haven’t done before and there’s only so many times you can defend a town or escort someone from point A to point B before you go past them instead to harvest something rather than do the events.

I’ve done all the archieves I have an interest in and doing more to get a Achieve chest that holds not-much is not compelling. I’m starved for new maps and new events to break me out of my “do the daily and a bit of harvesting then log out” rut. The content drought has exposed the barren bones of a game that has been picked over and done a long time ago. The expansion can’t come to soon for me.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: tevoro.1587

tevoro.1587

I hae one answer: August 29, Challenging Group Content announcement.

That’s great! For when hot comes out. That doesn’t solve the problem this tread asks about, we are bored with current content. You’re saying, “look! Here’s a teaser about some content, but don’t ask about a release date for it or what we’re going to give you in the mean time.”

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

I wouldn’t say I’m bored with it. Then again, I’m wise enough not to continue doing something that bores me.

Jimson.5168

Things I’ve done to combat the game getting stale:

Do a group event solo… it’s so good if you actually win.

Roll a new character and do an alternate path of the PS that you haven’t done before (requires correct answers when creating new char).

Run the entire length of Orr in your underwear without dying. (Goodness, I must be really bored)

Any silly thing you can’t remember ever doing… this one is hard. lol.

Revisit a JP and actually do it instead of just getting your friendly neighborhood spider-mesmer to port you up.