anyway to get town cloths tonic?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I made a new character. All my old char have endless towncloth tonic.
But I cant seem to get my town cloth tonic on my new char? Or am I doing something wrong?

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

Can buy ’em in the mall for coppers, last I looked.

Edit: 90 copper, Common Clothes tonic.

(edited by TheLordQ.1857)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Here’s a bunch of clothing tonics. The common one is about a silver.

https://www.gw2tp.com/search?name=Endless+clothing+

Edit: or is your problem you have a tonic but it’s not showing on your new char when you’re using it?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

But I cant seem to get my town cloth tonic on my new char?

The trader only lets you recover what your character had. Characters created after the wardrobe don’t have town clothes.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Cant you just move the tonic from your old char to your new?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Cant you just move the tonic from your old char to your new?

Should be able to I have about 14 sitting in my bank, all from various races and stack-able too.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

DreamyAbaddon.3265

But I cant seem to get my town cloth tonic on my new char?

The trader only lets you recover what your character had. Characters created after the wardrobe don’t have town clothes.

Ah! Okay that is what I wanted too know.
Thanks!

Also thanks everyone for letting me know I can buy them in TP for copper.
This is so sad though… Towncloths I love them. Why couldnt they make them Armorskin or at the very least turn them into Outfits?

Hey here’s an idea!
ArenaNet why don’t you Introduce new players with Outfits by making Towncloths free Outfits for new characters? =) This way if they want more Outfits they can buy more in GemStore later?

(btw I do hate Outfits and prefer ArmorSkins but this is just an idea to keep the Towncloths at least relevant and useable even in combat)

^-^ Just a thought…

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

My guess is that the clothes they converted to tonics have issues that make them unsuitable for use in combat. I can’t think of another reason why they weren’t just converted to outfits.

Just a flesh wound.3589

My guess is that the clothes they converted to tonics have issues that make them unsuitable for use in combat. I can’t think of another reason why they weren’t just converted to outfits.

(This comment assumes that non combat tonics are significantly cheaper to make than outfits).
I’ve always assumed it was cost and time and the wish to move on to making completely new outfits. There is also the problem of doing all the work to convert them over and whether or not ANet get paid. If ANet charges for that time and work then people who bought the original town clothes will be angry because they are getting charged twice. If they give them away, then they put in a lot of time doing unpaid work. If they charge some people and give them away free to others then they’ve are underpaid, especially since they could have spent the same amount of time making brand new outfits and charging full price to all. I suspect ANet wished to sidestep the whole issue of whether or not they would charge for remade town clothes and move on to a sure thing.

ANet may give it to you.

DreamyAbaddon.3265

(This comment assumes that non combat tonics are significantly cheaper to make than outfits).
I’ve always assumed it was cost and time and the wish to move on to making completely new outfits. There is also the problem of doing all the work to convert them over and whether or not ANet get paid. If ANet charges for that time and work then people who bought the original town clothes will be angry because they are getting charged twice. If they give them away, then they put in a lot of time doing unpaid work. If they charge some people and give them away free to others then they’ve are underpaid, especially since they could have spent the same amount of time making brand new outfits and charging full price to all. I suspect ANet wished to sidestep the whole issue of whether or not they would charge for remade town clothes and move on to a sure thing.

Well they did put the time and effort to convert towncloth into endless usable potions and that didn’t do anything to help them get paid. They could have just left them unusable and they didn’t. (The Towncloths your char gets when you first make a char back then) so I don’t see why not just update them to outfits you get for free instead since you do get them for free originally and in a form of outfit it can introduce new players to the Outfit UI and might boost sales on new Outfits in gemstore? Just a thought.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well they did put the time and effort to convert towncloth into endless usable potions and that didn’t do anything to help them get paid. They could have just left them unusable and they didn’t. (The Towncloths your char gets when you first make a char back then) so I don’t see why not just update them to outfits you get for free instead since you do get them for free originally and in a form of outfit it can introduce new players to the Outfit UI and might boost sales on new Outfits in gemstore? Just a thought.

That goes back to doing unpaid work. From what I’ve seen about their finances the game isn’t bringing in enough money to have even more unpaid work.

ANet may give it to you.