are the respawn rates intentional?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: andybmcc.8751

andybmcc.8751

Yeah, it seems like there are places where either (1) The respawn rate needs to be toned down or (2) The aggro radius needs to be toned down. Either of these would alleviate the problem.

Posted by: Josher.9612

Josher.9612

Respawns are completely out of whack. Often I can handle it, but honestly it shouldn’t happen. Anything you kill should NEVER respawn in literally less than 5 seconds after you kill it.

Just last night in a15-25 snowy zone, I cleared out some Centaurs in an area for a heart, then out of nowhere my health goes to zero instantly. The camera pans around on your death and I see 4 who obviously spawned out of thin air out my FOV from behind attacking at once and insta-gibbed me. VERY lame. Very annoying. Mostly unacceptable. Sure the penalty is nothing, but thats not the point. Its about CHEAP deaths and every time I’ve died out in the world soloing, its always been to cheap respawns. Mobs calling for help. Great. Running away to friends. Also, great. Staying in packs so you have to take on multiple at once. Great again. But multiple mobs spawning out of nowhere mid-fight…sorry, thats fracking LAZY code.

NEVER had issues like this in any other MMO. Its the first one where you see mobs you just killed pop out of nowhere in front of your eyes or just out of your lousy FOV. If I’m the only one in the area, then if I kill a whole bunch of mobs, they should respawn before I even leave the area. Other developers somehow manage to do this properly and balance the rate, but ANET can’t handle it.

Posted by: Cod Eye.1632

Cod Eye.1632

Reducing the spawn rate and making some adjustments to spawn rates including DE’s may deter a lot of the botting, I’d also like to see some roaming bosses that require groups to kill in specific areas of each map or hard roaming mobs that use specific fighting tactics to interfere with bots. This was done in FFXI to deal with fishing bots and worked well.

“Hey I swung a sword, Hey Hey I swung a sword again,”

“After several hours I’m still swinging this sword with1 lodestone drop”

Posted by: andybmcc.8751

andybmcc.8751

Reducing the spawn rate and making some adjustments to spawn rates including DE’s may deter a lot of the botting, I’d also like to see some roaming bosses that require groups to kill in specific areas of each map or hard roaming mobs that use specific fighting tactics to interfere with bots. This was done in FFXI to deal with fishing bots and worked well.

Like the Fel Reavers in WoW. It was always humorous to see someone get stomped by a two thousand foot giant evil robot like they didn’t see it coming or the ground shaking.

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

Orr is a pain. Various caves are also extremely aggravating. Dredge and Grawl caves seem to be worst in my experience. Normally it goes down like this:

1. Kills Grawl 1.
2. Jumping Grawl approaches and engages. Another jumping Grawl attacks mid-fight.
3. I’ll kill the first grawl, start fighting the new Grawl. The old Grawl respawns and attacks from behind.
4. Another Grawl joins in the fight.
5. Kill one of the Grawls, but then one respawns…
6. Rinse and repeat.

Most of the time I don’t find it challenging, I just find it extremely irritating. I think mob density can be quite irritating in some areas too.

Fear the might of Shatterstone!