ascend grind vs alt level

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: devnull.6085

devnull.6085

I’m torn.

Do I spend my time leveling 3 alts to 80 (including dungeon runs) or grind out an ascended item (non fractal) (exp koss on koss)

I hate fractals, not even going that route…..

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Who says you can’t do them both at the same time? Just do your dailies while on your alts to get your laurel.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Who says you can’t do them both at the same time? Just do your dailies while on your alts to get your laurel.

Which will take at least a few months just to get the two rings. then a couple more for the accessories, and another to get the necklace. Thats not even mentioning getting the infusions…

And he can’t get the ascended back item from laurels at all, IIRC.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

get your alts to 80. They’re a more fun goal to accomplish and hopefully, by the time you finish decking them in exotic armor/weap and the proper rune/sigil, you’ll have enough for 1 :p

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Do whichever is more fun. Or both. Do your dailies on your alts for laurels and XP boosts. Then run a couple fractals with your main. Swap as fun level diminishes.

I’m not grinding ascendeds, but I’m splitting my time between my main and an alt that I’d eventually like to get to 80 & geared. Dailies for my alt, world bosses for my main, dungeons as applicable (as of yet, no dungeons accessible with my alt).

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I don’t know how you’re gonna grind that ascended back.

The recipe says :
250 Vicious Fang
50 Glob of Ectoplasm
40 Crystal
1 Vial of Condensed Mists Essence

I think the best way is to farm southsun with your alts. You can get Fang from the mobs there, and ecto from the $$ you generate. Crystal from leveling. You can achieve all these with your alts being upscaled to 80. The last you need to run a little fotm.

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

I think the best way is to farm southsun with your alts. You can get Fang from the mobs there, and ecto from the $$ you generate. Crystal from leveling. You can achieve all these with your alts being upscaled to 80. The last you need to run a little fotm.

While upscaled, you still receive loot appropriate to your character’s real level. That means no T6 mats, no equipment above character level.