ascended jewel crafting plzzzz

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lulwat.1927

lulwat.1927

I know it is unlikely due to the fact that the devs are working on living world season 3, and the next expansion but i was really hoping you guys would eventually get around to adding ascended jewel crafting. I was wondering if there is any hope for such a thing?

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

I very severely doubt it, you can buy lots of Ascended jewellery now by simply doing fractals, guild missions and similar.

Which is the real issue, they made them so cheap that it wouldn’t be worth crafting them at all. Effectively, unless you are making a legendary that specifically requires jeweler, they have made jeweler worthless as a profession.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

…snip… unless you are making a legendary that specifically requires jeweler, they have made jeweler worthless as a profession.

For me that’s not entirely true. I find a lot of use in it for making exotic accessories because the minor stat difference between them and ascended aren’t ever going to be worth the 50 ectos and 40 laurels. True, you can buy most of the exotics for relatively cheap; but if I’ve got the mats at hand then free is an even better price.

Also, I find jeweler useful for farming Essence of Luck. I haven’t yet maxed out my MF, so when my bank gets too full of silver or mithril it gets converted into Essence of Luck and usually a ding from Agent of Entropy.

~EW

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ok, call me clueless. How does one convert Silver or Mithril into Essence of Luck?

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Ok, call me clueless. How does one convert Silver or Mithril into Essence of Luck?

Make a bunch of jewelry, then use salvage kits. The higher the salvage kit, the more jewels you get back that you can then turn into more jewelry (made cheaper now) to once again salvage. I usually start with making 20-30 earrings, and because of the return on jewels by the time I run out of my initial jewel investment I’ve gone through 600+ ore and gained a ton of essences of luck.

~EW

(edit: I usually use mystic salvage kits, only because I have a stockpile of mystic stones and those kits give a really good return on my jewels)

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ahh..I thought you meant directly from ore. I think I’d rather have the Gold, as I can’t really tell the difference between higher Magic Find and the changes to the loot system.

Besides, I’m saving my ore to make some of those special weapons/items….some day.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Make a bunch of jewelry, then use salvage kits. The higher the salvage kit, the more jewels you get back that you can then turn into more jewelry (made cheaper now) to once again salvage. I usually start with making 20-30 earrings, and because of the return on jewels by the time I run out of my initial jewel investment I’ve gone through 600+ ore and gained a ton of essences of luck.

~EW

(edit: I usually use mystic salvage kits, only because I have a stockpile of mystic stones and those kits give a really good return on my jewels)

That’s very interesting. I’ve got a crap ton of worthless silver ingots and stacks of mid level jewels.

Hmmmmmmm.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

be worth the 50 ectos and 40 laurels.

Um…… only a scrubzores pays laurels for accessories and/or rings. 12 guild commendations and 10 pristine relics, respectively, are infinitely cheaper than laurels.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

We have plenty of ascended jewelry, just skip it and make it legendary instead…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Um…… only a scrubzores pays laurels for accessories and/or rings. 12 guild commendations and 10 pristine relics, respectively, are infinitely cheaper than laurels.

ROFL, well if I could change my moniker to Scrubzores, it’d still sound better than EW.

I’m a solo player (with the occasional duo w/ my roommate). So I don’t have a guild, and I have only been able to solo/duo a handful of fractals. The few FR I’ve obtained are going to finally creating Mawdrey (I put it off for too long). For me specifically, if I want ascended weapons and armor I craft it; if I want ascended jewelry I buy it w/ Laurels (WvW discounts are really nice to have).

I wouldn’t mind a way to craft ascended jewelry, as the OP suggests, but I’m cool w/ using Laurels… just not on accessories.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I’m a solo player (with the occasional duo w/ my roommate). So I don’t have a guild, and I have only been able to solo/duo a handful of fractals. The few FR I’ve obtained are going to finally creating Mawdrey (I put it off for too long). For me specifically, if I want ascended weapons and armor I craft it; if I want ascended jewelry I buy it w/ Laurels (WvW discounts are really nice to have).

I wouldn’t mind a way to craft ascended jewelry, as the OP suggests, but I’m cool w/ using Laurels… just not on accessories.

~EW

In fairness, the game IS called Guild Wars 2

Ascended rings are basically free, amulets are cheap with laurels. The real issue is the accessories are expensive.

EphemeralWallaby.7643

In fairness, the game IS called Guild Wars 2

Hehe, I wuz wondering if someone was going to say something to that effect.

My earlier post is just an explanation as to why laurels are my best option… please don’t take it as any form of complaint or admonition of the system as it currently stands. I’m fully aware and am totally cool with all the implications and consequences from how I approach GW2.

No worries.

~EW

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

I wish jewelcrafting had a use.

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I wish jewelcrafting had a use.

40 achievement points.

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

…snip… unless you are making a legendary that specifically requires jeweler, they have made jeweler worthless as a profession.

For me that’s not entirely true. I find a lot of use in it for making exotic accessories because the minor stat difference between them and ascended aren’t ever going to be worth the 50 ectos and 40 laurels. True, you can buy most of the exotics for relatively cheap; but if I’ve got the mats at hand then free is an even better price.

Also, I find jeweler useful for farming Essence of Luck. I haven’t yet maxed out my MF, so when my bank gets too full of silver or mithril it gets converted into Essence of Luck and usually a ding from Agent of Entropy.

~EW

Ascended accs are practically given away for free. They also offer the biggest stat boost besides your weapon(s). This is a really bad way to think,

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Ascended accs are practically given away for free. They also offer the biggest stat boost besides your weapon(s). This is a really bad way to think,

You might be confusing accessories with trinkets. I’m specifically referring to accessories like earrings…. not the overall category of trinkets which includes amulets and rings. Amulets and rings are hella worth it… imo accessories aren’t. The difference in stats between exotic accessories w/ jewels and ascended accessories aren’t worth the price tag at which I can obtain them.

~EW

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

~EW

Actually the stat gain from exotic to ascended accessories is nearly ten or so percent better. It is the ascended armour that is insignificant increase of like two percent.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Actually the stat gain from exotic to ascended accessories is nearly ten or so percent better. It is the ascended armour that is insignificant increase of like two percent.

Percentages skew perception. Raw numbers are what matter… and the raw number gain to me isn’t worth the investment.

~EW

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I call this nonsense, because there are methhods to turn Jeweler into a full Job Level 500 Crafting Profession with thigns to craft with it and there are also methods to make it more valuable.

The thing is just only, that sofar anet doesn’t seem to care about DOING at all the neccessary steps to make the last missing crafting jobs equal to all the rest of the Crafting Jobs which can be already Job Level 500

Thats simply the problem.
Anet doesn’t seem to care, or they care, but are currently either clueless about how they should make then needed changes, or simply don’t want to make changes currently, because they are spending their ressources always on other in their opinion more important things, than to fix finally things, which are already long overdue to be fixed – similar like it took them ages to finalyl “fix” the WvW achievements after YEARS, what probably under an other developer with monthly fees would have been fixed alot quicker highly probably.

Now fixing Jeweler is naturally alot harder by now, than if Anet would have put more focus on that topic alot earlier.

Neccessary Steps woulds be now:

• Remove all easy accessible Ascended Accessoire Vendors from the came, and replace the Ascended Accesssoires from Reward Tables of Fracrals ect.
    The goal of this very neccessary step is it to make it harder to get Ascended Accessoires, currently its way too easy, currently you can get them even already before you have seen even an exotic accessoire as reward … and thats what needs to get fixed .. when higher tiered equipment becomes easier to receive, than lower tierred equipment, and be it just accessoires, then theres somethign wrong with this game and thats the reason, why people think, that Jeweler has become worthless and that it would be pointless for many to fix Jeweler, if you then can still get alot easier the stuff from somewhere else, than to actually craft the accessoires.

So the absolute unavoudable answer to this is to fix the problem – remove the way too easy access of ascended accessoires and make the aquisition of them simply rarer.
If the stuff gets rarer, it will automatically become again also more valuable, once ascended jewel crafting becomes one of the more steady but slow income sources of ascended accessoires, like it is the cares with all other ascended equipment, where receive things like ascended weapons or armor parts are a rare thing to happen and if you want to get it quicker, then you have to craft it… andn ot just farm enough luarels/globs of explopaslm or farm some fractals until you can buy what you want from pristine relics

These “rewards” need to get replaced with somethign else.
Replace all ascended accessoires with buyable “limited per day” buyable ascended materials like Elonian leather, Damascus ,Spiritwood ect.

Replace the buyable things from laurels/Globs of Ectoplasm with somethign completely new that might be for one or another player very helpful, like for example gathering nodes for your home instance buyable for like 250 Laurels + 250 Globs so that there is an alternative of gettign these, if you dont want to spent your luck on BLC’s ect. Not everythign of these must be lucky drops, I think there should also be some of them to be buyable things as some bigger Money/Laurel/Glob sinks.

Next step is implementing Legendary Accessoires and “Skill Skins” as new game feature to give legendary accessoires somethign unique and “visual” that makes them legendary and more valuable than ascended accessoires besides of the free stat change feature outside of combat, because legebndary weapons, back items and armor cover up already everythign else from auras, footprints, body part effects and so on to even also partially changing the look of weapon skills.

Legendary Accesspires could change the looks of our healing, utility and Elite SKills, but especialyl the Utility Skills, like for example the whole summons/minino skils of the game, which would be the easiet ones to change visually to give us more options of how our miniions should look, lettign them look more epic when you have legendary accessoires equipped that give you the ability to change the skill skins of your miniion, with the difference, that legendary accessoires should be still from all legendary equipment the “easiest” to make.
With adding legendary accessoires, the comes naturalyl addign also new ascended precursor accessoire recipes.
——
ANother step to make ascended jeweler worthful is also by redesigning the Rune and Sigil System to offer through ascneded Jeweler also finally Ascended Runes an Ascended Sigilsnas accountbound account unlockers for PvE, so that you can unlock Runes and Sigils permanently for your account for PvE, so that you don#t have to buy these ever again if you might want to change out your Runes/Sigils, which is a very important and NEEDED overdue change as huge quality of life imporovement for GW2, if this game should EVER get a Build Template System that should work similar to PvP, where players should be able to quickly change out their whole builds in short time, without having to rethink abiout the used upgrades, that they might lose them and have to rebuy them, if you change something on your builds.

This building comfort that we have now in Pvp, this do we also need in PvE, and thats exactly what alot of players WANT TO HAVE FORE YEARS, since basicalyl the relase of this game, people are asking for the return of a build template system, and thats in my honest opinion only somethign that should and could work in collaboration with ascended jeweler and merging that ascneded craftign job together with an improvement of the whole upgrade system by enabling players to craft with it ascended runes and sigils that are used to unlock for your accoun#t build temple system like in PvP all the various parts that can be used for builds, which are mostly runes, sigils and gemstones.

So ascended runes, ascended sigils and crafting ascended gemstones is pretty much a must given thing thats needs to be made by ANet for a fully and properly functionating build template system for GW2!!!

Adding craftign recipes from Job Levels 400-500 is also no big thing.
Just add some new jewel crafting materials to be found, including letting azurite return again and become part of this.

ANet could add also some nice useful items that could work as either fun items, buff items, summon items ect. for these recipes, simply requiring all kinds of various jewelas of all kinds of tiers.
the good thing abourt this would be, that all the jewel materials would become then alos alot more valuable.

You know Summon Stones from GW1, thre consumeable items, that allow you to summon all kinds of monsters to help you in combat.
Somethign like this could find its retun to GW2, addign some nice new creatures to summon to help you in combat, or maybe in a different way – let you TRANSFORM into these monsters so that you can fight with their unique skills

As Buff items, they cpould add a new unique thirs buff item type, that doenst count as Potion or as Food, but instead as “Artefact”, which are consumeable magic infused gems that buff you with new different kind of buffs that aren#t just stat boots mostly you know from food/potion,s but instead would be more skill based buffs based on which class uses them and which class gets combined with with Artefact.

Or they could work as Boon/Condition Expanders that uder the effect of an Artefact Buff, your Boons and Conditions are more effectful, than usual.

There are so many ways to solve these problems, your just need to have the WILL TO DO IT, and you need to be creative.
If you lack on one of these things, then its clear that we find no solution and nothing happens.

And I just thing, we have here the issue, where ANet is creative for sure, but currently lacks at the will to do it, because they are simply focused right now on too many other things they give more priority.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

I agree basically with at least part of what Orpheal is saying.

We won’t get ascended jewelry crafting until we get legendary jewelry crafting because it’s much easier to buy ascended jewelry than to make it.

Or, if we could craft jewelry that is BETTER than what can be bought from vendors, that would also do it, but I doubt they would go that way as it would penalize
non-crafters somewhat.

They are not going to put legendary jewelry into the game unless there is some way to see it or its effect on the player – like maybe a full set of Zoija’s berserker jewelry gives you the aura of Zoija or something.

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I wish they did something so I could sell my silver and gold at a high price…

let the sky fall

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

Not reading that monumental wall of text chock full of spelling issues, but from what I skimmed you forgot the fact that removing the vendors that exist now only affect folks that do not have sets already, thus making it harder for new players to get in on things. That is the exact opposite of Anets mission. Thus it will never happen.

Anet has made it excessively easy to get ascended jewelry so I do not see any reason whatsoever to make crafting it a thing other than you are OCD and need all things at even levels of 500.

A few fractals will get you all the ring’s you ever need; I know from doing them and I have no agony resistance.
Goof around for an hour in WvW, like running the train in eotm, gets you enough badges and gold to buy your amulets.
Lastly, doing all the guild missions is one trinket a week of base stats. Guilds recruit all the time.
Then you can use those base trinkets to get into raids if you want HoT stats. Of course, story achieves are likely easiest, but still an option.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Xunlai_Electrum_Ingot

Looks like they might have had plans to, but cut it.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

ROFL, well if I could change my moniker to Scrubzores, it’d still sound better than EW.

~EW

If you are making Mawdrey for the Ascended backpiece, that’s cool…but if you are making it for the (additional) Bloodstone-eater, I think that Herta is much easier to acquire.

Either way, good luck. =)

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I’m going to try to say what I think could be usefull:

I already suggested legendary trinkets. legendary armor is in the making, legendary weapons and back already exist.

This is crafting ascneded jewlery would be at an incomparable price to all other ascneded trinkets. If you look at the price of ascneded trinkets:

• Amulet: 25 laurels or 20+250 wvw tokens (your choice)
    (say: about 2-3 weeks of logging in… and if you want some WvW) in 4 weeks you could get 1+2+3+4+10+15+20 laurels (55) providing you teke the chest of laurels allowing for the buy of 2 amulets….
  • Rings: 30 laurels or 10 pristine fractal relics
    (say:1-4 days of fractals or drop from fractals) when looking more direct a person starting at l80 with no fractal level and no masteries woud be able to get 2 rings in 8 days (in 4 weeks you could get 6 rings)
  • Accesoires: 40 laurels and 50 ecto’s or 12 guild commendations and 5 gold…) provided the guild has a decent level you can gain 10+ guild commendations a week…. in 4 weeks you could get 2-3 accesoires

In the end a(ny) person, member of a guild doing guild missions can aquire a full set of trinkets in 3-4 weeks by just doing t1(!) only fractals for 4 days, and guild missions 4 times… and just logging in on all other days.

For a total cost of 10 gold and tokens which are free drops from doing the content.
10 gold = ~1 deldrimor steel ingot. I honestly doubt you’ll get a full set of trinkets from 1 deldrimor steel ingot!

I suggest you’d drop the Ascended crafting and move on to Legendary….

This excludes some trinkets only unlockable through story and some stats only availalble through raids…

These stats include
(pre HoT)

• Assassin (accesoires only available through dungeon achievements)
  • Sentinel (accesoires only available through dungeon achievements)
  • Carrion (accesoires only available through dungeon achievements)
  • Valkyrie
  • Dire
  • Zealot ( * )
  • Sinister ( ** )
  • Nomads ( ** )
  • Magi ( * )(accesoires only available through dungeon achievements)
  • Settler ( * )
  • Shaman ( * )
    ( * ) only avaialble through RAIDs
    ( ** ) Available trhough RAIDs and LS S2

HoT (only through RAIDs) except for the amulet whcih is avaialble by doing the achievements for the last story steps (including “Migriane” whcih really, really earned it’s name.)

• Minstrel
  • Wanderer
  • Commanders
  • Trailblazer
  • Viper
  • Crusader
  • Vigilant
  • Marauder

Many of which are now exclusively and ONLY avaialble to RAID enthousiasts via the trinkets bought from the magnetite shard vendor and as RAID drops. I hope these stats will be unlocked through LS S3. But as we have no confirmation of this ….. (at this time)

I still hope we can get other option to aquire stat-switchable trinkets (legendary trinkets could be very usefull as we would only have to get AR once. (Just think about it)

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

500 jeweling could be the secondary means to craft those stats that are story/raid locked. Or possibly a way to upgrade those blue infusions to higher tier qualities. Or ascended lvl of runes and sigils?

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

~EW

If you are making Mawdrey for the Ascended backpiece, that’s cool…but if you are making it for the (additional) Bloodstone-eater, I think that Herta is much easier to acquire.

Either way, good luck. =)

Herta may be easier to get, but the “loot” you get from it is literally trash. Mawdrey can consume only 50 dust and would give me better loot than herta.