ascended weapons not tradable?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Only thing I can come up with is Cash Shop revenue. It literally costs 2x more to make all your weapons than it would to buy them (and thats during the 1st month). You could except to pay 10-25g a wep 6 months from now. Crafting boosters / ppl getting fed up with not having 200-400g to level 2 crafts (gem conversion into gold).

So why exactly is it exceptable to have legendaries tradeable, but not ascended?

And would it of been so hard to sit down and actually put some effort into your game? You could of made crafting profitible, and made it so it wasnt cheaper to just buy your weapons. As it stands now crafting in GW2 is two things… A way to level an alt extremely fast, or obtaining endgame gear for ~350-400g for everything.

The game PvE side anyways was a carrot on a stick already enough… but now you are tailoring content around maximum cash shop income…. Its disgusting ANET, and the sad part is you probably made bank on ascended weapons, which means armor is going to be just as bad.

“Whats the points of making new dungeons and content for new sets of gear when we can just rehash content and make a killing off these dumb goys!”

Seriously I’m never playing an MMO that has a cash shop with Real money > In game money conversion / items ever again.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I thought the mats weren’t tradeable as well?

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

That mats to begin with aren’t tradeable, but after you refine them then you can sell them

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

That mats to begin with aren’t tradeable, but after you refine them then you can sell them

Doesn’t break the 200g barrier per crafting prof.

atm you could buy all the tradeable mats for a wep for around 50g + whatever a vision crystal and inscription would sell for (25/50g) so your looking at 75-100g a weapon, realize this is the FIRST week/month of ascended weapons. Prices would drop like a rock after 3-6 months. When people with only 1-2 characters to gear out finished, then all the mats they gain are would of been for profit.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

And that would have been perfectly okay.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Doesn’t break the 200g barrier per crafting prof.

atm you could buy all the tradeable mats for a wep for around 50g + whatever a vision crystal and inscription would sell for (25/50g) so your looking at 75-100g a weapon, realize this is the FIRST week/month of ascended weapons. Prices would drop like a rock after 3-6 months. When people with only 1-2 characters to gear out finished, then all the mats they gain are would of been for profit.

who wants to wait half a year?

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.