at last Anet worked on the guild roster :(

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: I Karnor I.1823

I Karnor I.1823

Most (if not all) guild leaders I know agree with me when I say the guild roster is so very sad in this game. It seems nothing more than a glorified over complicated friends list.

So I nearly fell out of my chair when the devs finally did something to the roster in the last patch.

Then felt the usual disappointment when I realized that all they did was add something to make it even more unfriendly. So now I have to confirm each upgrade boost I make instead of just spamming the boosts. What a pointless update

Seriously Anet your game is called “GUILD WARS 2”, so why why why do we not have a useful roster after 9 months?

I can’t believe with so limited resources available you chose to spend them on adding a “let me annoy you by asking if you are sure” button to the roster. Then again, I can believe it :S

Legacy Of Nosferatu [KISS]

Posted by: Spendingallmytime.7249

Spendingallmytime.7249

Well, since some people are prone to random acts of stupidity, Anet probably felt it was necessary to put child-safety measures to prevent them from spending points on the wrong things.

Why you bein’ cute?

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Living Story > Guild Roster.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I think more people should be doing more reviews on just what’s missing from GW2 because this game is long overdue not for an expansion but for a typical UI kitchen sink update that most games have by the time that their 1 year anniversary comes along.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

@tigirius – you say its long overdue for an expansion but there is fresh content every 2 weeks or so plus do you have any idea as to the work and money that goes into an expansion they said recently that they wernt working on one, if i wanted an expansion, id want it to be good, not assembled in a month or so

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I wonder how long it would actually take a UI designer to make the roster something useful.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

I guess I can see the reason for it as people could accidentally spend a lot of influence, but I would prefer if it didn’t prompt. It takes long enough managing all the stuff I need to build.

At least they could have fixed it so that the crafting column actually disappears when I uncheck it.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Guilds are ancient history, now its all about fast paced solo PvE farming with new stuff to farm for every 2 weeks.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

here is my wishlist about guild, take note you anet and santaclaus, who ever comehere first:

-send mail to all guild feature
-in game calendar
-last on line/last representing feature
-guild alliance and alliance chat
-guild halls
-more permissions splitting
-overall a better interface (but i’m ok with this one too, already used to it)

there are probably other things i would like but now i can’t think of any

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Living Story > Content.

I fixed that for you

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: WrayWray.8596

WrayWray.8596

I like the idea of confirming your upgrade boosts, but they should only appear for the expensive items like the upgrades. Anything that costs more than 5000 (or some other arbitrary number) should pop the confirmation. Anything less, like for banners, should be like the old system.

Pardric Trueshot
Anvil Rock
The Rangers Table [TRT]

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Living Story > Content.

I fixed that for you

Thank you! I was a little tired when I was writing that.

I Karnor I.1823

here is my wishlist about guild, take note you anet and santaclaus, who ever comehere first:

-send mail to all guild feature
-in game calendar
-last on line/last representing feature
-guild alliance and alliance chat
-guild halls
-more permissions splitting
-overall a better interface (but i’m ok with this one too, already used to it)

there are probably other things i would like but now i can’t think of any

All of that would be fine but right now I would settle for just letting me know the last time a member logged in, this is a feature sadly lacking after the original Guild Wars.

I’ll add to your list being able to determine whether a member is guesting on a home world or actually transferred there as some of us only allow our members to reside on a single home world, for a combined influence pool and numbers for guild missions, among other things.

I often wonder if that “What is a guild?” item on the main guild roster screen is a left over question from a developer to the designers.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Guilds are ancient history, now its all about fast paced solo PvE farming with new stuff to farm for every 2 weeks.

Remember when MMORPGs were about interacting, playing and coordinating with other players? Challenging content that demands and rewards team playing, community-driven events, strong guild support, strong competitive (pvp) infrastructure, etc.

GW2’s definition of a massive online multiplayer game is doing repetitive single-player tasks while having the bonus visual effect of watching other players running around. It’s like a B-tier single player RPG, except that it requires an internet connection and is filled with money sinks and decisions to protect its economy. The extra, is that you can say hello to people in the chat, and get a reply.

Posted by: CharrabungaDude.3971

CharrabungaDude.3971

+1
This game is USUALLY pretty good at letting you know the INFO that you need to know. That is why it is LAME and unusual that the guild roster list is WORSE THAN YOUR FRIENDS LIST! I mean, AT LEAST YOUR FRIENDS LIST TELLS WHAT LEVEL EACH PLAYER/CHARACTER IS! GET ON IT, ANET!

PS. ANET, I still love you.

I’d give us a ten for style. An eight for skill. And a two for stealth.

Posted by: Xeph.4718

Xeph.4718

Sadly this thread is destined for the suggestions forum graveyard along with the other bazillion posts asking for more guild functionality. They redesigned the achievements UI though so maybe there is still hope yet.

Pandion Knights – Seafarer’s Rest
www.pandionknights.co.uk
Ava Solaris – Warrior SFR

I Karnor I.1823

Sadly this thread is destined for the suggestions forum graveyard along with the other bazillion posts asking for more guild functionality. They redesigned the achievements UI though so maybe there is still hope yet.

Yup, I make it a point of poking them with a “what about the guild roster” stick when I feel they think everyone has given up hope of ever seeing a proper guild roster and stopped asking.

So I’ll be back with the same questions the next time I’m drawn to that very valid question posed by Anet in the main guild roster screen, “What is a guild?”

P.S. Anet, if you want an example of a reasonable guild roster in action, may I humbly suggest you go play Guild Wars. It is an older game that was just awesome from a guild and alliance perspective. Seriously, you should go play it to see what we mean. Don’t be to proud to look a successful platform.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Living Story > Guild Roster.

Sadly, this is true. I have a number of issues with temporary Living Story content and this one is near the top of the list. Because Anet has defined their value proposition in the delivery of monthly (now bi-weekly), largely temporary content, it is prioritized before quality of life features. It must occur or they’ve failed to deliver on their promise. I would prefer more priority be given to the actual game in the game. The game will suffer as long as the focus is on, and the perception of value is based upon, the rapid delivery of bits of content.

Posted by: mesme.5028

mesme.5028

Most (if not all) guild leaders I know agree with me when I say the guild roster is so very sad in this game. It seems nothing more than a glorified over complicated friends list.

So I nearly fell out of my chair when the devs finally did something to the roster in the last patch.

Then felt the usual disappointment when I realized that all they did was add something to make it even more unfriendly. So now I have to confirm each upgrade boost I make instead of just spamming the boosts. What a pointless update

Seriously Anet your game is called “GUILD WARS 2”, so why why why do we not have a useful roster after 9 months?

I can’t believe with so limited resources available you chose to spend them on adding a “let me annoy you by asking if you are sure” button to the roster. Then again, I can believe it :S

Another thing, where is the guild wars?

I Karnor I.1823

Another thing, where is the guild wars?

Ssh, first rule about Guild Wars, don’t mention guild wars. Apparently it confuses them.

Amadan.9451

+1
This game is USUALLY pretty good at letting you know the INFO that you need to know. That is why it is LAME and unusual that the guild roster list is WORSE THAN YOUR FRIENDS LIST! I mean, AT LEAST YOUR FRIENDS LIST TELLS WHAT LEVEL EACH PLAYER/CHARACTER IS! GET ON IT, ANET!

PS. ANET, I still love you.

ehm, you can see the level of your guildies and even the level of their currently crafting professions, just go to the roster tab and see the wonder.

also guild leader don’t have any confirmation button whatever i pop out, banners, magic find or karma, never asked me if i was sure about it

Join the Rainbow Pride

I Karnor I.1823

also guild leader don’t have any confirmation button whatever i pop out, banners, magic find or karma, never asked me if i was sure about it

Nobody said there were confirmations for placing banners.

Not sure if you got this topic wrong, misunderstood someone else or are asking for additional confirmation.

Asking for confirmation on placing banners would be really annoying and so is likely to be the next thing Anet add to the guild system

Amadan.9451

i probably took this thread wrong than, i was sure somebody said the there was a confirmation button for popping banners, i probably misunderstood, and i read again now to see what i missed! sorry!!

Join the Rainbow Pride

I Karnor I.1823

i probably took this thread wrong than, i was sure somebody said the there was a confirmation button for popping banners, i probably misunderstood, and i read again now to see what i missed! sorry!!

misread and misunderstood something? omg, that should be a capital crime :O

lol, no probs mate, I have made far worse mistakes in life

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

Probably one of these quick and easy things to do, they probably don’t keep a must have list with the highest priorities.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

The UI in general is clunky and unfriendly. I have no idea why they’ve gone this long since launch without a major overhaul. It’s embarrassing, really. I’d be ashamed to have made such a UI and kept it out there for so long because it smacks of laziness, cutting corners, and lack of ability.

In my opinion, it’s the thing in most dire need of an overhaul because it;’s the one interface everyone must use. But clearly for them, this living story is the priority over everything, including polish and quality.

I take pride in the products I provide my customers because I believe that they are a direct reflection of myself and my work ethic. To me, it looks like ArenaNet no longer does.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

If we’re talking about the UI in general, I would love the clean, sleek type of UI that GW1 has over GW2’s artsy look. The first thing I notice, whenever I log back to GW1, is how much better its UI is.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Have a look on this page:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Guild-System-Improvements/page/4#post2195992

That thread has been running for 9 months. I would suggest posting your idea’s about the guild management system there to keep everything together.

At page 4 there is a list of all suggestions / missions guild features that I could found in the threads.

Chuo.4238

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Guild-System-Improvements/page/4#post2195992

That thread has been running for 9 months. I would suggest posting your idea’s about the guild management system there to keep everything together.

At page 4 there is a list of all suggestions / missions guild features that I could found in the threads.

To be honest, I posted a lot of stuff there 8-9 months ago. So did a lot of other people. Nothing has substantially changed. I don’t think they care.

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

To be honest, I posted a lot of stuff there 8-9 months ago. So did a lot of other people. Nothing has substantially changed. I don’t think they care.

Yea… I’ve commented on a few suggestions and thrown it out there wherever I can (specifically about the last repped time suggestion) and so far no dev comments have been made on any of those threads. I check up on the dev tracker daily, unless I missed a day (which is possible), I’m pretty sure they haven’t said anything about quality of life improvements around guild management. Some leaders just check the achievement point leaderboards and see when the last time people received points and base player activity around that… although I don’t think that’s a good solution.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

its epicly sad that the guild interface is maddnes for game called GUILD wars in gw 1 was less complicated and more easy to manage at least u knew whic one was last acctive and so on

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

One of my pet peeves is people that complain but don’t offer solutions. Please tell me what so wrong, how you would fix it, or list any other AMAZING ideas you have that have not been implemented.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Chuo.4238

One of my pet peeves is people that complain but don’t offer solutions. Please tell me what so wrong, how you would fix it, or list any other AMAZING ideas you have that have not been implemented.

You must have missed the link in this thread to another with 9 months worth of suggestions. Scroll up