auto deposit all materials

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elcoyote solitaire.9052

Elcoyote solitaire.9052

I would suggest to add an option to the inventory: auto deposit all materials. That would save a lot of time/trouble since you don’t always notice when your inventory is full with the AoE auto loot. An option for auto salvage could also be added. Both would be possible to enable/disable by the player. That could also be a mastery, like the auto loot.

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

I would suggest to add an option to the inventory: auto deposit all materials. That would save a lot of time/trouble since you don’t always notice when your inventory is full with the AoE auto loot. An option for auto salvage could also be added. Both would be possible to enable/disable by the player. That could also be a mastery, like the auto loot.

Why do we need it when there’s a salvage all and deposit all option? Auto Loot is different, it allows you to forgo the proximity normally needed

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

It would be nice and at the same time it would be bad.

If a tree falls in the forest but no one is around to hear it, did it actually fall?
If you auto loot, auto salvage and auto deposit, did you actually get rewarded for a kill and/or event participation?

When you peel too many layers off a game it loses some tactile sensation required to mask the meaningless nature of gaming.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Auto-deposit would be convenient, but bad for the game.

Spirit shards are automatically deposited into inventory after dropping from mobs and as a result, barely anyone realizes that they drop at all..

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Darkvulpine.5720

Darkvulpine.5720

Can we at least get a nice big ole button to deposit instead of having to press that gear then the tiny option to deposit?

Or how about a keybind?

Posted by: Nick Lentz.6982

Nick Lentz.6982

Spirit shards are automatically deposited into inventory after dropping from mobs and as a result, barely anyone realizes that they drop at all..

And yet they still drop? And you still get them. Not sure how that’s bad. It’s one of those features that would clearly be an option for people, I personally don’t bother to check what materials I get from salvaged/bags so it would be another lazy man’s feature.

Guardian of Maguuma
Grand Warden of I Crit Under Pressure.
message me for an invite ^_^

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

And yet they still drop? And you still get them. Not sure how that’s bad.

Again, it’s bad because people don’t realize they get them. As a result, people feel that spirit shards are harder to obtain than they actually are and people feel that they aren’t receiving certain sorts of rewards.

Ultimately, that’s bad for the game, even though it’s obviously very convenient for stuff to automatically deposit to material storage and/or the wallet.

A similar thing happens now with auto-looting. With auto-looting, there are situations (notably: Silverwastes meta) where the rewards automatically end up in inventory (not even storage) during a cutscene and there have many forum posts with people convinced they got nothing. There are other examples within the game, as well as in other games.

In other words, it turns out that if loot drops in the forest and it doesn’t require the player’s attention, then (for a lot of people), it didn’t drop at all.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Can we at least get a nice big ole button to deposit instead of having to press that gear then the tiny option to deposit?

Or how about a keybind?

Because 1 extra press of the button is too much?

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

… when there’s a salvage all … option?

wot! :O

How do you do that?

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Right click on a salvage kit.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Right click on a salvage kit.

Okay, my productivity just sky rocketed.

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

I can imagine the following scenario:

1. Guy’s wife asks for hardened leather squares because she knows he has them in his vault.
2. Guy splits the leather stack to put some in his bag to mail to his wife…it auto-deposits back into his vault.
3, Rinse and repeat until wife is frustrated he is taking too long.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

This is what WALL-E warned us about.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Zilong.1407

Zilong.1407

Yeah, an actual auto deposit could be annoying. Though moving the deposit all to a more visible, less annoying location in the UI, or maybe even adding a hotkey, would be appreciated.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

So maybe pay attention more to the icons flowing down on the right of the screen? I notice spirit shards all the time when I get them.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I can imagine the following scenario:

1. Guy’s wife asks for hardened leather squares because she knows he has them in his vault.
2. Guy splits the leather stack to put some in his bag to mail to his wife…it auto-deposits back into his vault.
3. Rinse and repeat until wife is frustrated he is taking too long.

That is exactly the kind of error/bug I’d expect. :\

While auto-deposit would be a nice option, maybe something for the little gear menu, I’d probably rather just have a separate button for a quick deposit-all, but even that’s low on my QoL list.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632