best place to farm UM?

best place to farm UM?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

hey there,

Was wondering where is best place to farm UM ? since i need a kitten ton of em for this tome thingy.. like dunno why they even cost this currency?

couldn’t it just have been normal money? like srsly.. it’s so bothersome ..

so where to farm them most reliably?

thx!

(edited by AncientYs.8613)

best place to farm UM?

Posted by: Malhanjia.1452

Malhanjia.1452

I usually hop around Bloodstone Fen and Draconis Mons for the UM Bubbles. Just glide up and down the updrafts and ley lines for a bit. You can also buy some gathering tools with karma from some heart npcs in both areas which give UM on the side of the materials. It’s worth getting a few of those as you gather stuff in maps anyway. Otherwise events and stuff like normal

‘Some must fight so that all may be free.’ Iiommar – Guardian. Aurora Glade.

best place to farm UM?

AncientYs.8613

I usually hop around Bloodstone Fen and Draconis Mons for the UM Bubbles. Just glide up and down the updrafts and ley lines for a bit. You can also buy some gathering tools with karma from some heart npcs in both areas which give UM on the side of the materials. It’s worth getting a few of those as you gather stuff in maps anyway. Otherwise events and stuff like normal

awesome thanks :> will do

best place to farm UM?

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

hey there,

Was wondering where is best place to farm UM ? since i need a kitten ton of em for this tome thingy.. like dunno why they even cost this currency?

Do you mean the portal scrolls? Those don’t really cost that much UM. They don’t cost normal money because Anet wants you to put a tiny bit of effort into the LS3 maps before you buy the stuff there.

As for the best place to farm, last I heard the best place was still bitterfrost frontier. Farm the berries and consume them to convert them into the magic. Pretty sure you’ll be able to fill up the entire tome in less than a day’s work.

best place to farm UM?

AncientYs.8613

hey there,

Do you mean the portal scrolls? because those don’t really cost that much UM. They don’t cost normal money because Anet wants you to put a tiny bit of effort into the LS3 maps before you buy the stuff there.

As for the best place to farm, last I heard the best place was still bitterfrost frontier. Farm the berries and consume them to convert them into the magic. Pretty sure you’ll be able to fill up the entire tome in less than a day’s work.

the tome costs like 1k um plus 1g
the scrolls also cost 1k um + 50silver?

so for me that is quite alot.. yeah i think i’ll go hit up bitter frontier that sounds decent :> thanks bruh.

best place to farm UM?

Posted by: Wizler.8192

Wizler.8192

Yeah, take all your level 80 alts to BF and farm berries once per day per character. You’ll have stacks in no time! Right-click on a stack to “consume all” for a healthy chunk of unbound magic.

best place to farm UM?

AncientYs.8613

Yeah, take all your level 80 alts to BF and farm berries once per day per character. You’ll have stacks in no time! Right-click on a stack to “consume all” for a healthy chunk of unbound magic.

yeah thanks :> that’s a really good idea i don’t know why i haven’t thought of that =P

best place to farm UM?

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

If you’re willing to spend “normal money” then get the unbreakable harvesting tools from the gem shop and earn UM every time you gather something, in any zone, home instance, guild hall or WvW.

best place to farm UM?

AncientYs.8613

If you’re willing to spend “normal money” then get the unbreakable harvesting tools from the gem shop and earn UM every time you gather something, in any zone, home instance, guild hall or WvW.

i’ll consider that as well :> bit tight on money atm due to a low income., so i’ll have to keep it in mind.

best place to farm UM?

Posted by: Decado.9304

Decado.9304

Salvage up some Petrified Wood, Jade Shard, Fire Orchid Blossom or Orrian Pearls for 25-50 UM each or Winterberries for 15-30 each

Buy the unbound harvesting tools from the new map (for karma) and that also give you UM whenever you harvest a node

(edited by Decado.9304)

best place to farm UM?

Posted by: Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

A single berry farm run in Bitterfrost Frontier should net you between 50 an 65 berries. Consuming those should net you 1300 to 1500 unbound magic. Figure one run per level 80 toon per day. You can get more berries from the nighttime fights, as well.

Talking with a mesmer doing ports in LA last night, he has the unbreakable unbound magic gathering tools and said he average 5000 unbound magic a day from his farming with them.