black lion key drop rate

black lion key drop rate

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

just a question before a moderator close the thread because they dont like it, anyone have a BLC key dropped after the fuse release? i just forget key exist anymore. NO joke

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: Garb Cost.3718

Garb Cost.3718

just a question before a moderator close the thread because they dont like it, anyone have a BLC key dropped after the fuse release? i just forget key exist anymore. NO joke

I’m with you on this one – the BLCs are piling up but the keys remain a rarity. I would imagine that this is in order to get people to buy them at the gem store? Not sure… All I know is I won’t be spending gems on them but I know a lot of people do. If you have the gold lying around then sure!

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: Those Who Remain.1987

Those Who Remain.1987

I have had my first Black Lion Key in 1600 hours from a random Invader in WvW a few days ago.

It still exists, but is extremely rare.

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Yep—the key drop rate has been so nerfed, I haven’t seen one in many many months. Btw I bought 5 when they were on sale—but that’s it. Won’t again unless on sale.

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: Arduin.3029

Arduin.3029

Two keys dropped for me in the last week. Haven’t had a key drop in months prior to that.

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: Kolwin.4950

Kolwin.4950

over 750 hours since i had the game which was Jan 30th. Had exactly 5 keys drop from random mobs. guess i just got lucky?

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

zero keys 1200+ hours played since headstart. There has been no nerf.

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

Are the keys actually included in the loot table of random critters?

Seriously, other thant BWE’s, I have not looted any keys from my kills.

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

1700 hours and I’ve probably had 5 keys drop. It’s completely random and is just behind precursors in terms of rarity.

That said, if you are really desperate for keys, just make another character and level to 10…

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

black lion key drop rate

kishter.9578

1700 hours and I’ve probably had 5 keys drop. It’s completely random and is just behind precursors in terms of rarity.

That said, if you are really desperate for keys, just make another character and level to 10…

i bet that way is in the vicinity to get nerfed by anet or in the worst case scenario DELETED

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: Aiden.6209

Aiden.6209

Of course they nerfed the drop rate, so they can make more money’s from the ones on the gem store =]

[JDGE]

Aztro [Engineer] Extro [Warrior] Xilent [Thief] Tyrax Deathrain [Ranger] Krogax [Guardian]

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

i bet that way is in the vicinity to get nerfed by anet or in the worst case scenario DELETED

True, though it’s been around since release and well known. I’m surprised they have kept it in the game considering how they removed the Captain’s Commendations.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

1,784 hours logged between all my characters and I have never seen a BLC key drop. I have purchased keys but the cost/reward ratio is just not worth that expenditure so they currently just stack up in the vault.

Theftwind (HoD)

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’ve gotten 3 keys since I started playing, the last one a couple of days ago. The drop rate has always sucked. It was so low, how can you tell if they nerfed it?

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: ivan.3571

ivan.3571

If u ask me this is what Anet is thinking

Anet Coder1 : hmmm so we made a black lion chest that give random premium stuff
Anet Coder2 : better make keys for it
Anet Coder3: ok lets put it in the gem store
Anet Coder4: how about we let it drop or be crafted in game:
Anet Coder6: nah lets just make it via drop percentage at .000005%

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If u ask me this is what Anet is thinking

Anet Coder1 : hmmm so we made a black lion chest that give random premium stuff
Anet Coder2 : better make keys for it
Anet Coder3: ok lets put it in the gem store
Anet Coder4: how about we let it drop or be crafted in game:
Anet Coder6: nah lets just make it via drop percentage at .000005%

But you get some from personal stories also, and occasionally from either dailies or zone completion. Most MMOs with stuff like that in the cash shop don’t have them as drops at all.

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

I’ve had at least 10 keys drop since I started in Novemeber. Most of them dropped while I was leveling. I know for sure that the drop rates have been reduced since the new year. I don’t have as much time to play but I still get at least one key a month.

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

But you get some from personal stories also, and occasionally from either dailies or zone completion. Most MMOs with stuff like that in the cash shop don’t have them as drops at all.

First one’s free, to get you hooked. After that, you’ve got to pay. Occasional free ones in very rare drops remind people that they’re there, renewing the temptation to open more boxes.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: Sericenthe.5310

Sericenthe.5310

Keys are for buying, not for dropping.

Next.

Seri Kali [Me] – 80 Necromancer -Yak’s Bend

black lion key drop rate

kishter.9578

i say:
1. remove chest from loot table.
2. remove key from gems store.
3. make chest purchable from gem store. you want gamble buy a chest no a key.
4. end of story.

so we dont have to deal whit the bank slot, i dont want to delete the chest because i have the stupid fate to get a key sometime but the time never seen to come.

i can pay you for the skin whit real money. but im against gambling. my money is no for that is for what i like and chest never have what i want.

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Then sell the chest on the TP. I think it’s going 3 copper. If you get a key just remove the sell order and use the key.

black lion key drop rate

kishter.9578

Then sell the chest on the TP. I think it’s going 3 copper. If you get a key just remove the sell order and use the key.

smart, no bad. No bad at all. really smart

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

It makes me wonder…. is anyone actually buying the BLCs off of the TP? And if so, why? What other use do they have?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

black lion key drop rate

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’ve only had one drop since the start of the game, and I’m up there in hours (around 900 I think).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…