blocking infermation please

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RenArknem.4016

RenArknem.4016

Q:

Hello Gaile Gray
my name is RenArknem. I am know as one of the leaders of the guild EVOS. in our guild we like to kill one of the most funnest bosses in the game, Triple trouble.

There has been a screen shot going around to players on the net and other media of you stating that husk blocking was not intended but you guys know that players do it.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/206600/huskblocking.png

I also know that you have reseved many messages about this topic and i am sorry for once again bringing up the topic " is blocking husks an ok thing to do"

i would like to know if it is an ok thing to do because if so, we can teach it to members and players who would like to set up pug maps and make it more possible for newer players to be able to get kills on this boss.

for our runs we normally have a team that are geared and set to kill husks ,however we do have some head strong players who are teaching this to others even if we said not to, or that there is a risk that they are taking.

and that is why it would be nice to know that players would not get terminated because they use this tactic to during the fight. please inform me about this topic because i personally want to make sure.

thank you for your time ~Ren

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

A:

Hello Ren,

Thanks for posting this on the forums, for as I explained in response to your PM, I get a lot of PMs and I think it’s nearly always most productive to answer questions on the forums, where the information is helpful to all players.

I have asked about the “husk blocking” situation twice. Here was my question:

• Is husk blocking or reflecting eggs on Triple Trouble an exploit or is it okay to do?

Here are the precise answers that I have received:

1. Yes. The fight in its current state is as intended, and skills/objects that can be reflected are intended.
  2. It’s okay. It still requires some skill to time and block those things, and it has become the evolved strategy on Live.

So there are you answers, and I hope they are helpful to you and other players.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: masaplata.3965

masaplata.3965

Thanks for the response, Gaile.

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Thank you for clearing this year old rumor.

Husks are not projectiles, but can still be blocked by invulnerability. Wether it’s allowed to block those has been a long standing question. I know that some communities saw this as a bug and refused to use it to block husks, while others use it all the time.

From your answers I’ll take it that blocking husks is indeed allowed because there is some skill required.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Jacobbs.9468

Jacobbs.9468

Hello Ren,

Thanks for posting this on the forums, for as I explained in response to your PM, I get a lot of PMs and I think it’s nearly always most productive to answer questions on the forums, where the information is helpful to all players.

I have asked about the “husk blocking” situation twice. Here was my question:

• Is husk blocking or reflecting eggs on Triple Trouble an exploit or is it okay to do?

Here are the precise answers that I have received:

1. Yes. The fight in its current state is as intended, and skills/objects that can be reflected are intended.
  2. It’s okay. It still requires some skill to time and block those things, and it has become the evolved strategy on Live.

So there are you answers, and I hope they are helpful to you and other players.

Thank you for the answer. It is nice to hear official word over the ephemeral “I heard from a dev” assertions.