lloydst.6985

it shouldnt be even possible bad coding they should just change it

roaming/havoc commander of FTF

blocking yet still talking kitten

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Eh it’s so easy to get around, block the person, copy their name to the bar, then unblock and chat. I do this a lot when I have good duels in WvW with people. Just block them before a fight, that way they can’t do anything to harass you and if it was a good fight, you can message me back.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lloydst.6985

lloydst.6985

Eh it’s so easy to get around, block the person, copy their name to the bar, then unblock and chat. I do this a lot when I have good duels in WvW with people. Just block them before a fight, that way they can’t do anything to harass you and if it was a good fight, you can message me back.

i wasnt talking about wvw besides when people do that they usually block type the name and unblock then talk no i was talking about they fact that its more often due to the influx of new players that they start talking kitten in pvp ranked matches blaiming other players for losing then when you say some thing back they block you and keep whispering you there is absolutly no reason why a block should allow you to talk too that person other then arenanet not having thought about it or too lazy to fix (for 3 years) when you block a player they cant talk too you so why should you be able to talkt o them

roaming/havoc commander of FTF

in Suggestions

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

i wasnt talking about wvw besides when people do that they usually block type the name and unblock then talk no i was talking about they fact that its more often due to the influx of new players that they start talking kitten in pvp ranked matches blaiming other players for losing then when you say some thing back they block you and keep whispering you there is absolutly no reason why a block should allow you to talk too that person other then arenanet not having thought about it or too lazy to fix (for 3 years) when you block a player they cant talk too you so why should you be able to talkt o them

This is actually pretty fun to try to say without taking a breath.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

it actually isnt possible to talk to players that you blocked !

sooo either he just blocked you after he wrote you

or he just unblocked you for a few seconds everytime he wrote something to you

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The person isn’t whispering you while you’re blocked. They’re whispering you, then blocking you, then unblocking to whisper you again, and then blocking you again. Repeat until they get bored. So, it’s not the block system failing; it’s them being annoying little twits. Block them, and they won’t be able to talk to you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Miss Lana Too.5794

Miss Lana Too.5794

The person isn’t whispering you while you’re blocked. They’re whispering you, then blocking you, then unblocking to whisper you again, and then blocking you again. Repeat until they get bored. So, it’s not the block system failing; it’s them being annoying little twits. Block them, and they won’t be able to talk to you.

Or they’re appearing offline and whispering. Unfortunately, this has happened to me a lot.

Feel free to post ideas/complaints in this thread;
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Whispering-privacy-functions-are-STILL-needed/page/2

45 characters, 20 level 80s, 11 impersonal story completions and counting.

in Suggestions

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

This is actually pretty fun to try to say without taking a breath.

Indeed. I managed to do it too! Brain hurts now from either the words themselves or from the lack of oxygen. :\

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Suggestions

Posted by: Potato Slayer.3107

Potato Slayer.3107

plz change it so that players that have blocked you cant talk too you either

I personally ran into you doing this in Arenas. You are just a toxic person that instigates this behavior from others, even resorting to sending badly worded mail. Very unsportmanship. Losing does happen, get over it, no need to spam in map chat about your team or how anyone didn’t deserve the win.

in Suggestions

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

It’s a freedom of speech thing. It’s total autonomy on the part of each individual to decide whether they want to speak to the other.

in Suggestions

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

It’s a freedom of speech thing. It’s total autonomy on the part of each individual to decide whether they want to speak to the other.

Freedom of Speech has absolutely nothing to do with this situation. It protects your speech from the government, no one else.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sidenti.6035

Sidenti.6035

Freedom of Speech has absolutely nothing to do with this situation. It protects your speech from the government, no one else.

I think in this context the individual was talking about the freedom to choose whether or not to allow this person to speak to them – which is definitely within their ability to decide with the block tool.

in Suggestions

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

I think in this context the individual was talking about the freedom to choose whether or not to allow this person to speak to them – which is definitely within their ability to decide with the block tool.

yep