blowing off steam

blowing off steam

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: hu dahala mei.6034

hu dahala mei.6034

this is not a post to improve gw2 its just an " i gotta blow off steam post " that being said after over 3 days trying to get through the aetherblade puzzle to get to the diving spot and still have not done it. who was the sadistic son of a gun that said hey lets make this jumping puzzle a requirement to get a hero point? i am also not trying to make any one mad i just needed to say something and although i am very frustrated i do like GW2 and really appreciate the game. again i just really wanted to release this tension. bless each and every one of you and thank you for allowing me this opportunity to scream

blowing off steam

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

this is not a post to improve gw2 its just an " i gotta blow off steam post " that being said after over 3 days trying to get through the aetherblade puzzle to get to the diving spot and still have not done it. who was the sadistic son of a gun that said hey lets make this jumping puzzle a requirement to get a hero point? i am also not trying to make any one mad i just needed to say something and although i am very frustrated i do like GW2 and really appreciate the game. again i just really wanted to release this tension. bless each and every one of you and thank you for allowing me this opportunity to scream

To answer your question my guess is probably the same person who made SAB. Now to comment on your “blowing off steam”. I saw what you did with the pun there, did you? :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

blowing off steam

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I got it by paying a Mesmer. Ported me up there and he then stayed until I got the diving achieve.

Just a thought.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

blowing off steam

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I feel the same way about the diving spot for the Silverwastes jumping puzzle. It’s not that hard to complete, but it’s so long that if you’re not hugely talented at aiming for the itty bitty pool at the bottom and have to repeat the whole puzzle just for another go at it…repeatedly…

Yeah…they say a bit of yoga and deep breathing is good.

blowing off steam

Paulytnz.7619

I feel the same way about the diving spot for the Silverwastes jumping puzzle. It’s not that hard to complete, but it’s so long that if you’re not hugely talented at aiming for the itty bitty pool at the bottom and have to repeat the whole puzzle just for another go at it…repeatedly…

Yeah…they say a bit of yoga and deep breathing is good.

Oh do NOT make me remember this nightmare…… I went back to LS to try for these achievements and went for the jumping in to the haystack one. In Drytop I only get 10 FPS and this JP is extra annoying because of it. You easily get stuck underneath the pipe (bamboo?) things and even just getting out of there is a struggle because of the fps and fighting the camera. Then the actual getting to the top….lets just say I gave up and thought I will wait until I upgrade my computer.

A couple of days later I was in Drytop as I decided I would try and use up my keys I had obtained from the PvP reward track. I came to the JP while searching for chests and ressed a few people that fell to their deaths lol. The storm soon died and there were a couple of mesmers that were doing the JP and they started to use portals after they got fed up with all the deaths. Needless to say I took advantage of the portal and got to the top to complete the JP. I knew of the Diving goggles and told them about them as they were about to head off again. So in a way I persuaded them to help me get there too lol (again my 10 FPS is the enemy and fails me here). Got to the goggles, made extra sure I would do it right (watched on youtube) and still failed by a few feet (in game) which would have been about a cm on my screen. You can imagine I gave up at that point.

I have done all other JPs and did not have very much issues with the majority of them. It’s really only Drytop, Silverwastes and WvW zergfest where I get FPS this bad and as such I blame it on that. I should say goodbye to at least one mastery point thanks to this as well.

As for the Not So Secret JP, I got to the top no issue for the chest but cheated to get to the diving goggles as there was a Mesmer on hand offering to port people. So I guess I got lucky there as I had failed a few times getting there after the chest. Mind you I only tried for a couple of minutes and in every other JP I would just force myself to do it until I succeeded so it should not have been an issue. But that Drytop, grrrrrr lol.

blowing off steam

Posted by: hu dahala mei.6034

hu dahala mei.6034

i am really not into yoga but i have had to stop many times and repent for the language that has popped out of my mouth

blowing off steam

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’m confused. I have never completed this JP, yet I have every skill/hero point in the game.

Is this new?

blowing off steam

Paulytnz.7619

I’m confused. I have never completed this JP, yet I have every skill/hero point in the game.

Is this new?

No I am assuming its the Not So Secret JP in Gandarryn Fields, just West of LA if you enter the map from LA.

Edit: also many of the JPs in the game have no Skill/Hero points attached to them so you can’t use that as an indicator that you have done all JPs.

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

blowing off steam

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I can get you a portal to the top if you need it. Just contact me in game. And no, I don’t charge.

As for the diving goggles in the Silverwastes, which someone else brought up, this is why people should join a decent guild. We had a mesmer there, as an anchor, portaling people back up until they got it.

blowing off steam

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Is this new?

No I am assuming its the Not So Secret JP in Gandarryn Fields, just West of LA if you enter the map from LA.

Edit: also many of the JPs in the game have no Skill/Hero points attached to them so you can’t use that as an indicator that you have done all JPs.

That’s the one I meant, but I have all the hero points from core tyria and I never did that JP since I was rubbish at it. Unless it’s only partially way in and I somehow did it and have forgotten. I never made it to the top by a long shot

I’m also banned from doing JP’s by my guild. Something about anger management….

blowing off steam

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

The only thing that had make me feel this way in the game (until now, of course) is that list of achievements on the “No Refuge” journal step (Stupid Windmane stupid Caithe stupid Faolain stupid elementals stupid sand stupid invisible effects stupid I stupid hate you all).

JPs are never easy… but I can manage.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

blowing off steam

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Oh do NOT make me remember this nightmare……

Yeah, it’s the only dive in the whole core game I haven’t completed yet.

A couple of decent guildies of mine (you know, basically good-hearted, friendly, moral, and hard-working people who therefore make up a decent guild) worked on it for a while but needed a break because it was, you know, frustating.

blowing off steam

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

If by the 3rd try i can’t get a JP or dive, i give up and say “stuff this”. It’s NOT worth the aggravation or the time spend trying it over and over again. (but i do have 100% map completion)

A game should be about Fun, not frustration. Something designers that consider themselves ‘smart’ very often forget.

If you ‘need’ a mesmer to do a JP or challenge, then it’s simply very bad gaming design.

blowing off steam

Posted by: Entrea Sumatae.7830

Entrea Sumatae.7830

Is this new?

That’s the one I meant, but I have all the hero points from core tyria and I never did that JP since I was rubbish at it. Unless it’s only partially way in and I somehow did it and have forgotten. I never made it to the top by a long shot

I’m also banned from doing JP’s by my guild. Something about anger management….

It’s not actually a hero point the OP was referring to. The Dive Master achievement awards a mastery point for completion, which is what they were talking about.

blowing off steam

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

If by the 3rd try i can’t get a JP or dive, i give up and say “stuff this”. It’s NOT worth the aggravation or the time spend trying it over and over again. (but i do have 100% map completion)

A game should be about Fun, not frustration. Something designers that consider themselves ‘smart’ very often forget.

If you ‘need’ a mesmer to do a JP or challenge, then it’s simply very bad gaming design.

To offer a different perspective, I used to hate NSS. I struggled with it and swore like a sailor. But after attempting it every day for weeks, I got the hang of it. Now I actually like it and still do it every day as a kind of jumping practice/relaxation. This jp is well designed. Like HOT, it’s challenging content and requires time and practice to figure out but it’s worth it. I’m an ele, not a mesmer, but I’m always happy to help if you need somebody to do NSS with, or any other jp.