bot issue: supporting proof - video

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Icko.1307

Icko.1307

question…

Do moderators allow us to post video in the forum? If yes where?

Because i do encounter a lot of bots in Jade Quarry and i keep on reporting those bots yet i can still see them farming in different places..

I’m planning to take a video of those bots that keeps on teleporting which I believe a valid proof of using a 3rd party program.

Posted by: stobie.2134

stobie.2134

I don’t think you’re supposed to post it, but I wonder if there’s some place to email it or something – maybe their support form?

Posted by: Icko.1307

Icko.1307

im not saying im going to post it.. just like you’ve said.. is there any part in the forum or support where i can submit a video

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Posting it on the forums would be considered a violation since you would be showing their name.

The proper place to send it is support, https://support.guildwars2.com, using Ask a Question. You can get more info here, by clicking “How do I report a violation?”

Bots are banned in waves, so it’ll take around a month for a reported bot to actually get banned, assuming it was both reported enough times and detected.

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

Just put it on YouTube and send an email to ArenaNet support.

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Send the appropiate vid/screenshots to exploits@arena.net
It’s not allowed to post them in the forum.

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

The way I understand it from previous talks with support is that they like to get as many bots as possible in one large wave. I had an issue a while back with Bots that I had reported several days in a row, then one day they were just all gone. Just because you don’t see them banned right away doesn’t mean that they won’t be gone soon.

I was lead to believe that using the in game reporting function was sufficient, but if you don’t feel that’s working I would do Healix suggested and send the link to Support.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

Yes, everything posted here is correct. The best way of letting us know about these bots, Icko, is to send screenshots/videos to our Customer Support team. Also, so you can always use the in-game reporting tools for a faster report (however, with some teleporting bots we know it is kind of hard). Either way you choose helps us in this battle against botting.

We proceed to close the thread now.
Thank you very much for your support and reports; they are greatly appreciated!