bows less presentable than other weapons?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

Q:

I don’t get why the fractal bows and the new “eye” bows are the only weapons out of their set lacking any animation. its almost as if they were made to be less presentable, hell even the fractal weapons that don’t have the moving floating stones while wielded collapse and expand on seething and drawing said weapon. in a way this makes them less cool than the other weapons of the sets (the eye bows don’t have any blinking animations or any other animation to them yet just wide staring eyes)… is there a reason why bows are the beaten stepchild out of the weapon sets coming out or did someone somewhere forget to add these touches to the bows?

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

It’s because they aren’t Greatswords. If the bows fired greatswords at the foe, maybe they’d bother making them awesome.

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

I think it has to do with bow graphic errors. I’ve noticed with my ascalon longbow that if its glowing and I use volly or something the bow is constantly tweeking out and no longer using the aura thing. The bow is constantly drawing back and firing even if I’m not in combat. So possibly instead of working on a way to fix bows with animations they just don’t give them any now.

Posted by: BunnytheSwordsman.4173

BunnytheSwordsman.4173

It’s because they aren’t Greatswords. If the bows fired greatswords at the foe, maybe they’d bother making them awesome.

>w> The Fate/Stay Night fan in me likes the idea of this.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I want more Slingshot-type Shortbows.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.