broken claws and useless items in boss chests

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

Hello all.
I understand the purpose behind diminishing returns to discourage farming events,but when it is the daily requirement. I have played since beta. Now when I fight the world bosses, I have been recieving broken claws and coppers as a reward. In the boss chests, they are low end rares. Why has the loot table for world bosses punishing long time players. Can somebody explain this. Luck is almost maxed. This is very confusing on why the game punishes long time players with garbage drops.
Thanks for reading. Look forward to discussing this issue.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I don’t know about the rest of the issue, but luck has no effect on world boss chests or champion bags.

Countess Aire.9410

It is still the idea There should not be garbage and coppers in the loot table at all for world bosses.

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

Because this is how drops works in this game OP, junk 98.9% of the time.

If you want good stuff, go for dungeons and fractals, you gain gold and tokens to buy exotics and you gain relics to buy, idk, obsidian shards.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Because this is how drops works in this game OP, junk 98.9% of the time.

If you want good stuff, go for dungeons and fractals, you gain gold and tokens to buy exotics and you gain relics to buy, idk, obsidian shards.

Correction: Just dungeons

Running fractals and expecting to be rewarded for your time is like running into a fire and expecting to come out cool.

Countess Aire.9410

I understand about Fractels and Dungeons. I already do those. I just wrongly assumed that bosses should drop loot equal to thier stature. Not garbage only.

Posted by: Regular Sorrow.6217

Regular Sorrow.6217

World bosses are generally easy because a zerg kills them. You can kill ten in a few hours and get a guaranteed rare item for each. Like the previous posters suggest, there is harder content out there which might reward you better.

Countess Aire.9410

The loot tables for high level players is garbage. That is what this is about. The loot tables are broken. Garbage should be removed from the loot tables. When it costs 3 to 4 silver to move around the map. Then cannot even make enough to even break even doing the daily boss event. So you are saying to not do the daily.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The loot tables for high level players is garbage. That is what this is about. The loot tables are broken. Garbage should be removed from the loot tables. When it costs 3 to 4 silver to move around the map. Then cannot even make enough to even break even doing the daily boss event. So you are saying to not do the daily.

You get 2 rares minimum when doing the boss daily. Those sell for at least 25 silver each, usually 30 silver, so 50 to 60 silver. What sort of waypointing are you doing that’s more than 50 silver?

(Hyperbole is not the way to make a point about loot you get and costs).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

The maths here certainly don’t add up- the world boss train has always been cited as an easy way to obtain casual gold.

Most waypoints cost about 2s rather than 3-4s, unless you are waypointing from one end of the map all the way to the other (e.g. Fireheart Rise to Cursed Shore).

It sounds like there are two different problems here:

-I’m not getting enough high-value loot from world bosses.
Answer: With the amount of people joining in with worldbosses, most things from the boss loot tables aren’t “high value” simply because of the high supply.

-I’m getting a lot of junk/trophy items from all mobs.
Answer: It’s just filler loot. I sell mine, I’m sure I’ve earned a fair bit of gold from the amount of it I’ve vendored. Similarly, (salveagable) gear can’t drop all the time or else there would be too much supply.
If your inventory is filling up with junk items, I’d recommend buying bigger bags (at least 15 slot) along with salvaging and merching regularly.