buy Expensive Skin or Legendary?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Whats your advice on the choice between the two?

A new expensive Skin Item, or a Legendary weapon?

I have no legendaries currently.

But I want the chain saw skin.

Which should I dump my gold into between the two?

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

The one you like best.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Which do you want more?

Is the chain saw skin a skin with limited quantities since no new ones are being added to the market or is it something that will continue to be added to the game? Or an item that could become that way in the future? Or only available for a limited time period?

The legendary weapons are likely going to be available for the life of the game. If the chain saw skin is limited time only or has only X amount left because there are no new ones entering the market, I’d go with the chain saw skin.

But if the chain saw skin appears to be something that’s going to be around for the life of the game because it can still drop, then it’s purely personal choice.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I didn’t see you mention a specific legendary, suggesting that none of them really hold that much appeal to you.

So I think you should focus on the Chainsaw and wait to see what happens with collections, precursors, and legendaries.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Vyktorkun.2643

Vyktorkun.2643

Well, the chainsaw is a skin with a limited quantity in the market, and the price can only go UP and the skins in the market down

You can however make a legendary, so i’d suggest you save up for the skin, and slowly work on a legendary if you want any

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Whats your advice on the choice between the two?

A new expensive Skin Item, or a Legendary weapon?

What do you want to do? Would you rather buy something you personally enjoy, or buy something to give you status and admiration of your fellow players?

Because if you think legendaries (or any other item) will give you any sort of status or admiration, well, I have a Statue of Liberty to sell you.

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Personally I don’t care for legendary weapons. They’re a common sight nowadays so they’re not unique and their acquisition (in particular the precursor) is about luck/grinding.

The only 2 points I would make is:

1) What if the chainsaw skin is re-released, it seems unlikely at this stage but its possible. It would therefore make it cheaper.

2) With HoT on the horizon you might be better to save your gold and see what comes then so you can drop a bundle on something nice.

Having said all that, ask yourself the question. How would you feel if you DON’T get the chainsaw skin. If you find yourself feeling like you missed out on something big, then its worth considering.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: Muesli.9104

Muesli.9104

Wait for HoT, save the money. Imo the skin isn’t worth 2k just for its rarity, it’s so huge and just doesn’t fit to any armor. The black Halloween shield on the other hand is pretty nice, but also not worth 1,5k+.
Additionaly no effects (other than moving parts) no achievement. Possibility of re-release = losing fat G.

But whatever you’re cool with.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Personally I don’t care for legendary weapons. They’re a common sight nowadays so they’re not unique and their acquisition (in particular the precursor) is about luck/grinding.

Yeah that’s kinda the problem now. Do hope the next bunch of legendaries they add will be account bound along with their pre-cursors (giving that we can now craft them).

But yeah I’d say go for the skins. They won’t be available forever, but legendaries aren’t going anywhere.

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

Which do you want more?

Is the chain saw skin a skin with limited quantities since no new ones are being added to the market or is it something that will continue to be added to the game? Or an item that could become that way in the future? Or only available for a limited time period?

The legendary weapons are likely going to be available for the life of the game. If the chain saw skin is limited time only or has only X amount left because there are no new ones entering the market, I’d go with the chain saw skin.

But if the chain saw skin appears to be something that’s going to be around for the life of the game because it can still drop, then it’s purely personal choice.

There is always the risk that they add it to some future halloween chest etc. Making drop in value.

Posted by: MegumiAzusa.2918

MegumiAzusa.2918

Legendary – leave the expensive skins for people who want them.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Chainsaw is ugly. Go with legendary.

Posted by: blubberblasen.3901

blubberblasen.3901

Are u all kind of … ehhh
All items are skins, if u like the saw take the saw.
if u like a legendary because u like the skin take the legendary.
If u think u need a legendary only to have one than change the game, or take the legendary for nice pretty purple and use the saw skin.

.. after 3 years with beta and the ppl still think a legendary makes u a better person

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Which do you want more?

There is always the risk that they add it to some future halloween chest etc. Making drop in value.

But it might not and unless the drop rate for it is high, it’s unlikely to drop the price too dramatically.

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

this is exactly what i was questioning my self yesturday

i was saving gold since last wintersday for a precursor to create sunrise for my guardian.
Then when hot was announced i decided that i would keep saving more and more money and wait to see what the new legendaries are all about.

I didnt want to make sunrise and find out that there is a “sunrise 2.0” in hot thats bettter.

but not i decided that im better off with spending all my money on perfecting (stats as well as skins) of all my armor and all my weapons.

And so i decided to go for some special rare very expensive skins for several weapons instead of going for a legendary.