buy ascended back item with karma?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

In a way Ascended items can be bought with gold/karma. Karma can translate to gold and gold is still gold, the best way to get Ascended backpacks (other than fractals) is with karma/gold.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

In a way Ascended items can be bought with gold/karma. Karma can translate to gold and gold is still gold, the best way to get Ascended backpacks (other than fractals) is with karma/gold.

ha? what are you talking about oh.

at the moment, there is only 2 ways to get ascend back items:

1. fractals
2. tier 6 fine crafting materials

well, yes, there are some methods to convert karma into silvers

i.e. 1575 karma roughly translates into around 8 silvers on average, depending on the market rate. but that involves a lot of mindless clicking!

oh our poor, poor mouse!
i meant the electronic one.

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

I would like to buy skins (and also ascended items with better stats) with karma.
Also black lion chest keys and so on.
I also doubt we`ll ever live to see that happen.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I would like to buy skins (and also ascended items with better stats) with karma.

if special skin, then leave it as it is, grind.
if max stats, basic simple icon, no special skin, then less grind please. i.e. karma.

Also black lion chest keys and so on.

this is asking for too much as this is a gem store item.
not a reasonable request.

I also doubt we`ll ever live to see that happen.

karma for ascended items is fair.
just have to wait until they implement it.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

karma, coins, laurels etc other forms of grind is “massively cheaper” you mean? how so?

100k karma = 23 dailies. That’s actually quite a bit less than the cheapest ascended gear bought for laurels. And that’s without karma boosts from bonfires/boosters, guild banners and bonuses, ice cream, infusion, etc (up to +95% karma, ie. almost double). Karma is incredibly easy to get, and apart from exotics and stuff for legendaries, there’s very little to spend it on, so it’s very easy to accumulate. Not even remotely a grind.

As for coin… T6 mats and coin are easily interchangeable. If you wanna grind coin, feel free to do so and then buy the mats.

As I said, I’d like there to be alternative recipes that do not involve a vial of mist essence, so people don’t have to do Fractals if they don’t want to, but otherwise the recipe is fine and does not exclude any types of gameplay.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

well, 23 dailies is a reasonable amount.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

well, 23 dailies is a reasonable amount.

You’ve backed off denying it’s massively cheaper, then.

Which, incidentally, is still why 23 dailies is not a reasonable amount. It’s a hard to get item. You need to put in a bit of effort to get an ascended backpiece, rather then just sitting back and letting it fall into your lap. And, as discussed earlier, it’s a tiny stat increase above exotic. Across one item. If you don’t feel it’s worth the effort, don’t get it. If you do, do.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

You’ve backed off denying it’s massively cheaper, then.

i insist it is a reasonable grind.
and definitely not massively cheaper.

Which, incidentally, is still why 23 dailies is not a reasonable amount.

it is a reasonable amount.
it may be massively cheaper to you though.
but for many people, i believe it is a reasonable amount.

It’s a hard to get item.

the special display skin is hard to get.
basic icon, no special display skin should not be hard to get.

You need to put in a bit of effort to get an ascended backpiece, rather then just sitting back and letting it fall into your lap.

for special display skin, yes, some grind is acceptable.
but, for basic icon, no special display skin. at least 100k karma or 23 dailies is a reasonable bit of effort and not an outrageous grind.

And, as discussed earlier, it’s a tiny stat increase above exotic.

not very tiny when all 6 trinkets add up, and when ascended armors and weapons are shoved down our throats.

Across one item. If you don’t feel it’s worth the effort, don’t get it. If you do, do.

i gotten one for my warrior.
its worth the effort for the special inventory icon and special display skin and max ascended stats.

but i do not fancy the special icon and special display skin.
i do not show the back item anyway.

so it is very fair and reasonable to have a basic icon, no display skin ascended back item.

and amulet
and rings
earrings too.

Posted by: Zindrix.1750

Zindrix.1750

It costs 68g alone for the bloods on a zerker backpiece. Seems a little silly to me.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

karma, coins, laurels etc other forms of grind is “massively cheaper” you mean? how so?

100k karma = 23 dailies. That’s actually quite a bit less than the cheapest ascended gear bought for laurels.

23 dailies is 23 laurels. You can buy amulets for either 30 laurels or 20 laurels and 250 badges. Seems comparable to me. If you think that such a small difference is an outrage, though, change it to 125k karma.

Of course, laurel prices of ascended eq are ridiculously high, but that’s a matter for separate discussion.

Which, incidentally, is still why 23 dailies is not a reasonable amount. It’s a hard to get item.

Circular logic (it is a hard to get item, so it should be a hard to get item) is circular.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

100k karma = 23 dailies. That’s actually quite a bit less than the cheapest ascended gear bought for laurels.

23 dailies is 23 laurels. You can buy amulets for either 30 laurels or 20 laurels and 250 badges. Seems comparable to me. If you think that such a small difference is an outrage, though, change it to 125k karma.

Of course, laurel prices of ascended eq are ridiculously high, but that’s a matter for separate discussion.

Which, incidentally, is still why 23 dailies is not a reasonable amount. It’s a hard to get item.

Circular logic (it is a hard to get item, so it should be a hard to get item) is circular.

125k karma seems fair also.
well, the 100k karma was an example number to begin with.

oh, amulets have more stats too.
among the 6 trinkets i think back item give the less stats!

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

It costs 68g alone for the bloods on a zerker backpiece. Seems a little silly to me.

aye the price is ridiculous!

hence i’m trying to find out if there are any other people in this part of the forum who welcomes alternative methods to obtain ascended items.

especially the back item.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

bringing this topic up since another person brought up this issue in another topic.

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Not all the ascended back items have fancy skins. The quivers and books seem to be the generic skin to me.

Karma for an ascended piece seems like could be alright to me, but the 100k =23 days thing isn’t quite right. Unlike laurels, you can karma in many parts of the game where as laurels are only from daily, monthly and achievements, making them much slower to acquire. There’s also a large array of karma boosters available, you just have to find a banner or bonfire or maybe your guild has the boost. So you’d have to be careful with the pricing, otherwise you’re just screwing over people who got the piece through mystic forge.

(edited by Navzar.2938)

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I would really appreciate ascended back pieces without fractals or farming. Karma or laurels would be great.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

well, then they are generic “fancy” skin to me.
any back item with displayable skins will be considered “fancy” for me though.

yes, the 100k is an example.
perhaps 200k may be more suitable.
since 42k may get us an exotic armor piece.

i believe if they do implement this, they will make sure the karma price is appropriate

Not all the ascended back items have fancy skins. The quivers and books seem to be the generic skin to me.

Karma for an ascended piece seems like could be alright to me, but the 100k =23 days thing isn’t quite right. Unlike laurels, you can karma in many parts of the game where as laurels are only from daily, monthly and achievements, making them much slower to acquire. There’s also a large array of karma boosters available, you just have to find a banner or bonfire or maybe your guild has the boost. So you’d have to be careful with the pricing, otherwise you’re just screwing over people who got the piece through mystic forge.

Zindrix.1750

hence i’m trying to find out if there are any other people in this part of the forum who welcomes alternative methods to obtain ascended items.

Yeah and now it’s 82g.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i thought prices of them tier 6 fine crafting materials went down? the prices shot back up even higher due to crown pavilion farming?

Yeah and now it’s 82g.

Zindrix.1750

Yeah and now it’s 82g.

i thought prices of them tier 6 fine crafting materials went down? the prices shot back up even higher due to crown pavilion farming?

I’m kind of surprised too honestly. Especially with all of the champ farming. But you have to realize that bloods are used for crafted zerker gear, and since everybody needs zerker gear(because why have anything else right?!?) so I guess bloods will always be worth a ton.