can My mate give me gold

can My mate give me gold

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: hendrix.2150

hendrix.2150

I have just started playing GW2 after a real long break, I never had much gold. A friend of mine who has continued to play for awhile has a lot and told me he will give me whatever I wanted.
My only concern is that to arenanet it my appear as if i am buying it or trading it for… sexual favours or something, how do I go about doing this to avoid any penelties to myself or my mate??

can My mate give me gold

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

Just transfer in small amounts, nothing over 100g, or both parties will be auto flagged for something. . . I forget what it’s called.

can My mate give me gold

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

What I have heard read and seen its a toss up to what will happen. I know someone who gave his brother 2k gold to help buy his legendary. They both ended up having there accounts suspended while Anet looked into the matter. I think it took a few days but they both got there accounts back.

My understanding is the entire system is automated and any time its sees any unusual transactions it flags the account and blocks it.

I have also heard of people on these forums having there accounts blocked after large sums of gold are transferred. I have also heard of people having no problem sending large amounts of gold.

I guess its kinda a roll of the dice to what will happen. Chances are thought if your blocked the account will be unblocked in a few days you gotta just wait for them to look into it.

Also don’t bother contacting customer support. I posted a ticket last month some time. I am still waiting on my response.

Also if u do what the above poster said there is a 2 message per hour limit.

can My mate give me gold

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Transfer the gold.
If either of you get flagged by automatic detection thingies then submit a ticket and use this forum thread as proof that it wasn’t some sketchy gold selling deal.

can My mate give me gold

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

What I have heard read and seen its a toss up to what will happen. I know someone who gave his brother 2k gold to help buy his legendary. They both ended up having there accounts suspended while Anet looked into the matter. I think it took a few days but they both got there accounts back.

My understanding is the entire system is automated and any time its sees any unusual transactions it flags the account and blocks it.

I have also heard of people on these forums having there accounts blocked after large sums of gold are transferred. I have also heard of people having no problem sending large amounts of gold.

I guess its kinda a roll of the dice to what will happen. Chances are thought if your blocked the account will be unblocked in a few days you gotta just wait for them to look into it.

Also don’t bother contacting customer support. I posted a ticket last month some time. I am still waiting on my response.

It’s ‘their’, not ‘there’. It kills me reading that and sadly undermines both the quality and acuity of your response.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

can My mate give me gold

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Customer support is usually good and will contact you, you will NEVER wait over a month unless you just spammed them or some such. I have had to deal with them on a fair few occasions now and was always helped out. I suggest you check the spam folder in your email account or keep an eye on it very often if contacting support. They will always contact you fast (within a day usually).

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

can My mate give me gold

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Customer Support will always send an automated response within the first few minutes of receiving a request, just to let you know the request has been received. If you do not receive said email, it has more to do with your email provider than anything else. There is also a Sticky in Account Issues for tickets 3 Days and Older that the Support Liaison checks and responds to every ticket posted.

There is not a limit on mail of only 2 per hour. There is, however, a spam-type limit of 3 or 4 messages and/or mails within a few minutes. The cooldown is only a minute or two, though.

can My mate give me gold

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

the most i ve been given was 50 gold to transfer from a server back when gem exchange was affordable with gold

can My mate give me gold

Posted by: Scorching.3406

Scorching.3406

I have given 100g multiple times. Also at Christmas I sent out tons of gifts-some worth way over 100g. If you have nothing to hide I would not be too scared. The fact I was never auto banned makes me believe they must have someone looking over things, checking history, etc.

-Sarah Wantsa Cookie

can My mate give me gold

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

If he has his own storage guild just have him invite you to that and use the bank function to transfer the gold, you’ll have to wait a couple days but at least you won’t have to worry about being banned if its an amount over 100g