can i create multiple gw2 accounts ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PercyGFX.4637

PercyGFX.4637

i just want to create another account (with HOT ) for farming stuff.. is it allowed ?

and can i transfer gold and item between those accounts?

thank you

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Yes it is allowed, you need separate e-mail accounts for each.
You can accept up to 500g per week from other accounts, doesn’t matter if you are owner of other account or not.
You can log in at the same time on multiple accounts as long as you are not controlling them together with 1 action ie need to be separate actions for each account.

PercyGFX.4637

Yes it is allowed, you need separate e-mail accounts for each.
You can accept up to 500g per week from other accounts, doesn’t matter if you are owner of other account or not.
You can log in at the same time on multiple accounts as long as you are not controlling them together with 1 action ie need to be separate actions for each account.

great. thank you

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

To be more clear, it means no directing the second account through some macros or scripts. You need to actually play normally on it (either by using a second comp, or by setting up dual launch and alttabbing, alternating your time and actions between accounts)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Yes it is allowed, but to do it you need a new account key and the only way to get one is to buy another copy of the game. I strongly recommend shopping around as you can probably find it cheaper on a 3rd party site – just make sure it’s a retailer you can trust as there are some websites out there which sell fake keys.

Once you’ve created the account it works exactly like any other account – you can send gold and any items which aren’t bound to your account by mail or through a shared guild bank. There is no way to link accounts so they can share bound items or get around the limit on sending gold – as far as Anet is concerned separate accounts are separate people and they’ll treat them that way.

You can log into both accounts at the same time (although that needs 2 computers or a virtual machine or something) but you can only control one at a time. If you set it up so you’re controlling both at once – so when you press W for example both characters move forward – you can be banned for botting.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

PercyGFX.4637

To be more clear, it means no directing the second account through some macros or scripts. You need to actually play normally on it (either by using a second comp, or by setting up dual launch and alttabbing, alternating your time and actions between accounts)

no scripts . i just want to use 80 level boost (im too lazy to lvl up a character :/)

PercyGFX.4637

Yes it is allowed, but to do it you need a new account key and the only way to get one is to buy another copy of the game. I strongly recommend shopping around as you can probably find it cheaper on a 3rd party site – just make sure it’s a retailer you can trust as there are some websites out there which sell fake keys.

Once you’ve created the account it works exactly like any other account – you can send gold and any items which aren’t bound to your account by mail or through a shared guild bank. There is no way to link accounts so they can share bound items or get around the limit on sending gold – as far as Anet is concerned separate accounts are separate people and they’ll treat them that way.

You can log into both accounts at the same time (although that needs 2 computers or a virtual machine or something) but you can only control one at a time. If you set it up so you’re controlling both at once – so when you press W for example both characters move forward – you can be banned for botting.

thanks for the explanation

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’d recommend buying “HoT” from a local store. People have been finding great deals in Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc. Buying it local encourages stores to keep it on the shelves which is advertising for the brand. Also, encourages them to stock the next expansion too. Either that or buy it direct from the shop link on the top right of this web page.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Chingiz.9167

Chingiz.9167

Not only that you can have multiple accounts, but also “multiboxing” is allowed as long as you control all separate characters and perform all actions yourself. You can use a launcher called Multiwars to run the game multiple times.

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

Mutiwars doesnt work anymore i thought?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You can also try Launchbuddy to open up multiple accounts at one rime.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

As above really but just wanted to add that if you are going to spend money on another copy of the game just to farm stuff you might want to consider just buying gems directly for your main account. All the time spent farming on your second, worse-equipped account cold be spent farming on your main one.

Posted by: Chingiz.9167

Chingiz.9167

As above really but just wanted to add that if you are going to spend money on another copy of the game just to farm stuff you might want to consider just buying gems directly for your main account. All the time spent farming on your second, worse-equipped account cold be spent farming on your main one.

Additional accounts can also be used for mass crafting/flipping or as a “bank”. Login rewards and all activities that you can do only once a day per account can net you a lot of gold aswell.
Of course you can just buy gems but more accounts will make you so much more gold in the long run. It only depends if you have the time.

I own 3 accounts but still have a “main” one where i spend 90% of my time ingame.

(edited by Chingiz.9167)

Fremtid.3528

Oh yeah. I mean I have six accounts. My mystic coins over time is way more than someone with 1 account. If I had simply invested the money in gems for gold for mystic coins and t6 (which I get from daily/monthly laurels) I wouldn’t be nearly as ahead as I am now. You don’t even need to play the accounts to reap the benefits just log in and get the rewards. I do however play the accounts, like when theres an easy triple daily i do the daily on 4 of my 6 accounts. The other 2 i couldn’t have bothered getting the waypoints on so i don’t bother. And i got the last 3 of those accounts on sales! So it’s a steal really. Last Christmas I grinded orphans everyday on 4 of my accounts to get karma for pact supply and did that everyday for 2 months or almost everyday when i felt like it…I ended up with over 100 charged lodestones come frostgorge week i made the last spirit weapon i needed bound it and salvaged it. Ach done!

Fremtid.3528

I mean really the deciding factor for me in getting six accounts was mystic coin prices. I refuse to buy them and we get them too slow for me to build the legendaries i want to. So six accounts.