can't use Aetherblade Heavy Armor style?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I am really wanting to use the Aetherblade Heavy Armor look (without the helm) for my light armor wearing toons. From what I can tell it is only costume, but for some reason it states it can only be used by characters that wear heavy armor.

Not fair. I have been looking for “leather” looking stuff because I am not a fan of all the short skirts, tutus and corsets that seem to permeate light armor styles. I don’t like lace, nor do I like fru fru stuff.

I finally find something I want to purchase off the BL Market and my light armor wearing toons cannot even use it.

This restriction for costume apparel makes absolutely no sense.

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

It’s not a costume, the Aetherblade sets are actual armor skins.

lynspottery.6529

It’s not a costume, the Aetherblade sets are actual armor skins.

I thought those things were only costume ….

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

The Aetherblade sets, as well as a few others, were made long before Anet decided to only do costumes for gemstore skins.

lynspottery.6529

I really like the look of that set…too bad I can’t use the look on my light armor wearers.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aetherblade_Light_Armor_Skin

There is already a light armor version of it.

It has been requested before, and I would also like it, for various armor skins that are weight specific to be available on other armor weight specific character classes. There are some nice light and medium armor I’d love to have for my Revenant. But the problem is there would be too many clipping issues to worry about if they allowed weight specific armor skins to be mixed and matched on any character weight class.

There’s something charming about rangers.

lynspottery.6529

Yes I saw the light set, but it does not look anything like the heavy set. If you take a look at the human images for both you can see a marked difference.

Attachments:

lynspottery.6529

What I really want is armor skin that looks like leather pants with leather top (vest or long sleeve) with knee high boots (I already have some that work for this) and for the entire image to look like a “Biker Set” of riding leathers that can be dyed.

The image I am thinking of is similar to what “Sandy” wore in Grease. Loved that look. Of course she is wearing heels, but hey, that would be cool too…I am thinking of this outfit for my human elementalist…in red with silver accouterments (buttons, strips of chain…)

My son just said it looks really bad a** but he’s never seen any armor in games that have covered that genre of clothing, unless it was heavy and possibly medium armor … never in light. Of course he thinks his mom playing these games is hilarious…but I have fun.

Attachments:

(edited by lynspottery.6529)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

For that try the Ascalonian pants and then rummage through the Wardrobe in a bank tab to pick out a top and boots.

lynspottery.6529

For that try the Ascalonian pants and then rummage through the Wardrobe in a bank tab to pick out a top and boots.

I have searched, and unfortunately, I have been unable to find just plain, smooth looking pants. Take a look at all the images in this link and you will see there is nothing there that remotely resembles what I am looking for.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Human_female_light_armor

I am really disappointed that Anet has ignored this issue in their designing of light armor for females. And, I only have one human character but refuse to put her into an outfit that is so sexist it makes me irritated. I want something simple and straight forward.

I read “pants” and get skirts, tutus or bordello outfits that are not what I want.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

What I really want is armor skin that looks like leather pants with leather top (vest or long sleeve) with knee high boots (I already have some that work for this) and for the entire image to look like a “Biker Set” of riding leathers that can be dyed.

The image I am thinking of is similar to what “Sandy” wore in Grease. Loved that look. Of course she is wearing heels, but hey, that would be cool too…I am thinking of this outfit for my human elementalist…in red with silver accouterments (buttons, strips of chain…)

My son just said it looks really bad a** but he’s never seen any armor in games that have covered that genre of clothing, unless it was heavy and possibly medium armor … never in light. Of course he thinks his mom playing these games is hilarious…but I have fun.

The closest you can get is the Ascalonian Performer pants and Trickster’s Light Vest. The pants are from the Ascalonian Catacombs dungeon and the Trickster’s Light Vest is from an armor set they frequently cycle in and out of the gemstore.

Here: [&CmYCAAA=] [&AgFuqAAA]

But it’s not perfectly exact, the pants still have a skirt, and the only other light pairs of pants include a loincloth, waist cape, coat tails, or another type of skirt. Over three years and there is still no real pair of pants for light armor females and only one pair for males. I honestly don’t know where ANet gets their feedback from at this point because it clearly isn’t from us players.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

The pirate costume might be close to what you want, if you hide the hat and dye it in dark colours.

lynspottery.6529

Believe me, I’ve tried every combination in the book, and then some including dying things so dark you can’t see stuff. But when you do that, you run the risk that the fabric won’t take the color correctly and end up with dots of color where you don’t want them.

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Like i pointed out in that other thread, the game allows combining different armour classes because Anet has put a light coat and medium trousers together on the same mini. If it works with minis, it works on the player controlled characters.

Make it happen.

Posted by: FlashAhAhh.4307

FlashAhAhh.4307

I hear you – I love these pants! I run them with The primevil chest (another awesome Gem store Armor skin… Please ANet keeping making these!) And it looks fantastic.