can we get something fun

can we get something fun

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

PLEASE! there’s nothing that’s not a grind. Grind to get people to actually stay for HoT maps, grind to get ppl to stay for shatterer, and half the achieves still impossible, A grind for the first piece and then another grind against the boss for every single legendary armor part, AND DEAR LORD GOD ALMIGHTY DO NOT START ME ON THE TIMED KRAKEN MODE. HOURS TO GET GROUPS, FAIL EVERY TIME, AND PEOPLE LEAVE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIGHT. Honesltly, a bigger problem than the grind part is getting five people, let alone ten, to both stay and do it right.

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

can we get something fun

Fenom.9457

seriously the kraken mode, I spent less time doing all of tangled depths, and I still haven’t got the darn thing

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

can we get something fun

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Player-side behavior is not an Anet problem.

can we get something fun

Fenom.9457

it’s their problem because they designed ALL CONTENT needing at least one or two other people

can we get something fun

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

You seemed to have missed all the threads were people already debunked everything you said. Grinding is a self-imposed, player-perception issue.

can we get something fun

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Funny, I don’t seem to recall needing anyone to do most of the content in this game.

And this is an MMO. While it’s nice that they made it where you don’t need to have anyone around to be successful in the game, you shouldn’t expect to never have to group together.

And I haven’t grinded anything. And I’m making my legendary myself, including making my precursor through the collections.

can we get something fun

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

it’s their problem because they designed ALL CONTENT needing at least one or two other people

It is a Massive Multiplayer Online game though. It would be awkward if it were designed otherwise?

can we get something fun

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

You seemed to have missed all the threads were people already debunked everything you said. Grinding is a self-imposed, player-perception issue.

I debunk the debunkers threads who just salivate over everything in the game even where it is a grind but are too blind to admit it.

can we get something fun

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

We aren’t blind, we just understand that most of the game can be done wearing exotic gear, successfully and even competitively. Any grind impose on ourselves is because we want better, not because we need better.

can we get something fun

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Maybe people feel like it is a grind for one simple reason: they just don’t like the game/they never cared that much about what Anet has created content-wise/they fooled themselves into thinking they liked the game because of so much low time commitment before and now they suddenly realize they have no interest anymore only because the game added more end game/challenging content :p

can we get something fun

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

Something fun?
Gem store. 1400 gems. Will add fun at later date through paid fun journals.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

can we get something fun

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

It is a Massive Multiplayer Online game though. It would be awkward if it were designed otherwise?

Have you looked at any other MMO’s beside this one. Any of the recent ones offer group content in dungeons and raids, and only a small amount of group content in their open worlds. Everything else can be soloed.

can we get something fun

Fenom.9457

Yea, sorry for the rage monster post everyone! I love this game, and I generally don’t find it grindy. But the kraken mote really is a little much, at least for a first gen collection – I’d ask either move it to 3rd tier or make it easier

can we get something fun

Posted by: Andulias.9516

Andulias.9516

GW2 is the least grindiest MMO I have ever played. In fact, it might just be the very first MMO I’ve played where I haven’t grinded at all. I just do stuff I feel are fun, get bored with them, play something else, return, repeat. I almost got my first legendary without even committing to it THAT much and the game doesn’t seem to require me to.

Yea, sorry for the rage monster post everyone! I love this game, and I generally don’t find it grindy. But the kraken mote really is a little much, at least for a first gen collection – I’d ask either move it to 3rd tier or make it easier

Yeah, I get you, man, and you might be right, it is too much for a 1st tier collection.

EDIT: While I do think GW2 is the least grindy MMO I’ve ever played, it also has more time-gated stuff than anything I’ve seen before. This is actually one of my biggest gripes with the game and is something Anet should IMO rethink when planning future content.

(edited by Andulias.9516)