can you make the same HoT legendary?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: shakome.7458

shakome.7458

Hello guys and gals,
I just have a quick question regarding the newest legendary weapons.
I know that the original HoT legendaries like Nevermore, or Chuka and Champawat has their own journey that you have to do before you can craft the legendary, but these new one like The Shining Blade, or Shoosadoo doesn’t have the journey, so can you craft them again after you’ve already done it?
There is nothing in game that said you can only craft this weapon once, but i know that for the original legendaries you can’t craft the precursor more than once. But i don’t know about the HoT legendaries.
thank you for your answers

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t see why not since nothing is tied to a collection. Do compare prices between them and their core Tyria equivalents though as some of the older ones are cheaper to craft which you can then just re-skin.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

You can only make the legendary once. Since, some of what you need are tied to the achievements and used in the crafting.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

In the recent AMA, one of the devs said they are looking at making it easier for folks to use a HoT legendary for twice-told legend.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

In the recent AMA, one of the devs said they are looking at making it easier for folks to use a HoT legendary for twice-told legend.

That’s good to hear. It seemed strange to have a limitation of one per account when they are account bound items.
I can understand why they might limit one per account on precursor crafting for generation 1 weapons, but with the gen. 2 weapons and twice told legend it seemed odd. Not exactly excited enough to go through with it twice, as I have other goals, but building a second HOPE would be something I’d consider.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!