capes?

capes?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Brian Ingram.9205

Brian Ingram.9205

I know they had some issues with clipping or something, but will we see them in the future? I really miss the heroic feeling i got in gw1 from the cape.

capes?

Posted by: Licht.5168

Licht.5168

They do have a back slot, so they shouldn’t really have any trouble implementing them. And I would rather a cape for my guild rather than the silly backpack I’m trucking around with. Though I would be a little annoyed because they’d most likely clip or something when you have a two-handed sword, hammer, or shield (I’m probably missing a weapon or two) on your back and running around.

Xarinn – Warrior L80 – 400AS/400WS
Sanctum of Rall
“Quaggan’s a piwate! Yarr!” – “Pirate”

capes?

Posted by: grimstone.2760

grimstone.2760

I haven’t found anything on the back slot that shows.

capes?

Licht.5168

The guild backpacks that can be grabbed from the Guild Armorer show on the back slot. Also, I think Engineers can pick an item during character creation that is in the back slot as well.

Sanctum of Rall

capes?

Posted by: Billiam.7961

Billiam.7961

i really woudlnt care about the clipping its not a major issue to me unless its something overkill like going straight through my character but yeah i also miss capes.. i want the norn t3 just because it has things that resemble a cape..

capes?

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

According to the Wiki, Anet removed capes from the release because of clipping issues, and currently the only back accessories do not show (they’re under your armor). Anet is apparently working on the cape clipping issue and will hopefully add them soon.

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

capes?

Posted by: Brian Ingram.9205

Brian Ingram.9205

AWESOME! I cant wait to see if they do

capes?

Posted by: lethlora.1320

lethlora.1320

I believe I saw people with capes in the short time I saw players while trying GW1, and it’d be an awesome addition to GW2. I hope it’s in the works.

capes?

Licht.5168

How are the back items hidden? I’m currently wearing the L35 Guild Assassin Backpack.

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall

capes?

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

If they re-introduce capes to the game, I hope they overhaul their appearance. That flat, square piece of cloth flapping about on my back is silly, but the hooded versions used in Aion are actually attractive. While I’m wishing, it would be cool if guilds could import their own custom images to be displayed on the cape.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

capes?

Posted by: JonnyBigBoss.2071

JonnyBigBoss.2071

I would definitely like to see capes like they had in the original Guild Wars!

JonnyBigBoss – 80 Engineer
Fort Aspenwood
The Ancient Order [TAO]

capes?

Posted by: AstroCat.7628

AstroCat.7628

Capes would be a nice touch… hope they sort them out.

Wardens of Destiny – Tarnished Coast
M: Aedan Nightshade (Sylvari Necromancer)

capes?

Posted by: pmiles.3489

pmiles.3489

Edna: “Do you remember Thunderhead? Tall, storm powers? Nice man, good with kids.”
Bob: “Listen E…”
Edna: “November 15th of ’58! All was well, another day saved, when… his cape snagged on a missile fin!”
Bob: “Thunderhead was not the brightest bulb…”
Edna: “Stratogale! April 23rd, ’57! Cape caught in a jet turbine!”
Bob: “E, you can’t generalize about these things…”
Enda: “Metaman, express elevator! Dynaguy, snagged on takeoff! Splashdown, sucked into a vortex!”
Enda: “No capes!”

capes?

Posted by: NightFury.1758

NightFury.1758

i really woudlnt care about the clipping its not a major issue to me unless its something overkill like going straight through my character but yeah i also miss capes.. i want the norn t3 just because it has things that resemble a cape..

Ya i know right? Since the game has tons of clipping in so many other places, why remove something so sweet that no one would care if it clipped.

capes?

Posted by: SunRain.8972

SunRain.8972

How are the back items hidden? I’m currently wearing the L35 Guild Assassin Backpack.

i had an option to choose a back shield saddly that was hidden

“From the place where we are right
Flowers will never grow
In the spring.” – Yehuda Amichai

capes?

Posted by: Maldracai.2698

Maldracai.2698

Ya i know right? Since the game has tons of clipping in so many other places, why remove something so sweet that no one would care if it clipped.

Was about to say the same thing myself. There’s already a crapload of clipping issues with coats, armour, weapons… pretty much everything that isn’t part of your ‘nude’ form.

capes?

Posted by: WoWfanboy.6032

WoWfanboy.6032

I miss my shiny cape.. i didnt care if my guy looked like crap as long as he had that cape he was my god. lol

capes?

Posted by: shogun.5328

shogun.5328

+1 for capes. We need them asap.

capes?

Posted by: Syphenion.5064

Syphenion.5064

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h413/Baktwerel/capes_1.png

Found this concept art. Yes please to the capes and scarves!

¸.•´¸.¤•*´¨) ¸.•*¨”˜`”°ºooº°””˜`”°ºooº°””˜`
(¸.•´ (¸.•Alloy~ Piken Square Roleplayer~

capes?

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

I imagine the charr running animation has some major clipping issues with capes.

capes?

Posted by: Tearmatt.5410

Tearmatt.5410

I would love to see Capes / Cloaks!

capes?

shogun.5328

I imagine the charr running animation has some major clipping issues with capes.

Then they can make a different cape/animation for the charr version. Is it really that difficult? If they can make one that works with other races they can make the equivalent for charr.

I really wish people would stop saying there won’t be capes because of the charr and all this crap. It is a cop-out and letting the developers off easy. They are a talented team, and if they can make one cape they can make all different types that are required.

capes?

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Then they can make a different cape/animation for the charr version. Is it really that difficult? If they can make one that works with other races they can make the equivalent for charr.

I really wish people would stop saying there won’t be capes because of the charr and all this crap. It is a cop-out and letting the developers off easy. They are a talented team, and if they can make one cape they can make all different types that are required.

Never said there wouldn’t be capes. I would love capes. I’m saying that’s probably why we don’t have them yet.

capes?

Posted by: AstroCat.7628

AstroCat.7628

Yes, this would be fun to have.

Wardens of Destiny – Tarnished Coast
M: Aedan Nightshade (Sylvari Necromancer)

capes?

shogun.5328

Never said there wouldn’t be capes. I would love capes. I’m saying that’s probably why we don’t have them yet.

You’re right, you didn’t. But plenty of others are using the charr as a reason why we will never see capes and stating it as if its fact. I just used your post to address those others at the same time.

capes?

Posted by: Ayruinn.1429

Ayruinn.1429

any news on those cloaks/capes ?

capes?

Posted by: LanceHavenbay.2067

LanceHavenbay.2067

I happen to have loved the GW1 capes. xD I’d LOVE them to be added. Even if they clipped. xD